Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jonas Valanciunas to make debut with Toronto Raptors on Thursday

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/10/...preseason-2012

Quote:
Jonas Valanciunas, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2011 NBA Draft by the Toronto Raptors, will make his NBA debut for the Raptors on Thursday night, according to the National Post's Eric Koreen. Valanciunas, a 7'0 center from Lithuania, will make his debut against the Detroit Pistons at the Palace at Auburn Hills.

Despite being drafted by the Raptors in 2011, Valanciunas had to wait a season before he could take a $2.5 million contract buyout from his European team, Lietuvos Rytas of the Lithuanian Basketball Federation (LKF). While playing for Rytas, Valanciunas averaged 10.8 points, 7.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game while shooting 63.4% from the field, helping Rytas to third place in the Eurocup Tournament.

In LKF, Valanciunas helped Rytas to the championship in 2010. He is also a three-time LKF All-Star and a two-time LKF All-Star game MVP. Valanciunas was also named MVP of the Europe Under-16 Championship in 2009, Europe Under-18 Championship in 2010 and the World Under-19 Championship in 2011.

The "Jonas era" begins...
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jonas Valanciunas to make debut with Toronto Raptors on Thursday

Pretty sure the Raps play Wednesday and Friday, regardless I'm excited for this. Lowry and Valanciunas are the 2 main reasons why I will be watching Raptor games this year.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It'll be real interesting to see how he adapts to the softer NBA.

If I were Casey, I'd start him and have Aaron Gray or Amir on high alert to enter the game when he gets a couple quick ones.

Excited to see him play, though.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

^^ Yeah that's what i've been wanting as well. Who cares if we throw him in there and he gets into early foul trouble. We don't have the type of team where playing a young inexperienced rookie would have a negative impact. No point in easing him in. I mean I don't care how much he plays in the preseason but at least when the season starts.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

He's probably the best option we can put at the 5, so there is no point taking his time away from him.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

I am predicting very slow start for him, but u shouldn't get too disappointed with that as i see him nearly at all-star or all-star level in 3years, and by then he's going to be only 23.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #7
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

JV, our savior.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: