Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #76
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Marbury turns down offer to play Friday night

all you saying not playing was smart are fools thinking with your ego andnot your brains.

this was the perfect time to showcase himself for other teams and show he isn't a malcontent cancer and could be pf use to a playoff team and instead he acts like a 14 year old spoiled kid who can't handle that even though its his ball nobody wants him to be QB so he takes it home and screws everyone over.

Dude openly spoke about wanting to be a Spur. Yea it was reported they didn't want him but you think this helps his case? Hell no.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:39 AM   #77
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel J
Dog, did you not see the D'antoni interview? Marbury didn't refuse anything. Mike asked Steph IF he wanted to play. He didn't say "Steph you're going to play or else". He simply asked Steph if he wanted to play and Steph said no. Big difference between the two...Steph didn't refuse anything.

Thanks for clearing that up. I am making it clear to all the Marbury sympathisers that he must meet the requirements of his contract. The Knicks are meeting there end of the deal. Nowhere would it say that the Knicks MUST play him. As long as he is getting paid they are honouring the contract. If I were DíAntoni, I would up the anti and give him garbage time. Embarrass him by getting him ready and playing him for under a minute a game. Marbury MUST play those seconds as long as he is fit to do say and he is. Take him to hell in a handbasket.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:56 AM   #78
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:07 AM   #79
Auka
Great young streetballer

Auka has decent reputation

Marbury has hands down the easiest job in the world. Wish I could earn 20mill a year just sitting on the bench.
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #80
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimbo Coles
Arenít these grounds for dismissal? How can an employee refuse to perform his task? Thatís the very thing that the employer is paying him for? This is absurd. DíAntoni is not breaking any law by not playing Mabury. I venture to say that Marbury is. Why canít they tear up his contract and send the bum back to the streets?

What is Marbury's task on the team? He has done what they "told" him to do.

Come to camp in shape, start a couple of pre-season games, go on the inactive list, yada-yada.

D'antoni asked him would like to play tonight, he didn't call his number to go to the scorers table and Marbury refused or anything.

he merely "asked" him.

Man I wish I had a job where I make tons of money only to be asked "would you like to do this", and still get paid no matter if I say yes or no.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #81
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The question left unanswered is how does everyone think teams, most notably playoff contenders view this incident? Are they breaking it down like you have and saying "Hey cant blame him!" or are they placing another red mark next to his name? Whether you think his bad rep is warranted or not. The truth of the matter is he isnt viewed highly. So it makes you wonder how do other teams view Marburys rep? Is S.A gonna say I dont care about that incident, he wasnt wrong so sign here Starbury? Or do they back off even considering adding him? Does Miami decide hey Chalmers/Quinn aint great but I dunno if I wanna bring him in and have a potential issue on our hands. Just throwing stuff out there, nothing valid as far as them saying it.

But it makes you wonder how much he could have helped himself by playing vs not. Yeah he made a stand you arent gonna give me mins now then next week sit me on the bench. But are other teams seeing it the same? What is the NY sports media saying about the NYK Walsh/D'Antoni over this situation? Are they getting bashed, trashed or applauded? Let me know Ny'ers. Dont read the papers/ news sites.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: