Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Lettuce talk about CP3's playoff career?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Dismal? He plays solid fundamental defense, he's not lock down but he stays infront of his man and always makes his rotations.

CP3 is a dismal defender compared to Tony Parker.

WATCH GAMES
    I don't know what games your watching because tony Parker is the definition of a defensive liability. He's short, un athletic and weak and I have never seen him stay in front of a player in one on one situations. CP3 isn't a good defender either, he just gambles a lot. Out of the star PGs the only decent defenders are Rose, Rondo, Williams and Westbrook, everyone else is just straight up garbage on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    GAWDbrook is the best PG in the league

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Test
    Congrats on 9,400 posts! I knew you could do it, Jeff! I just knew it!

The Nuggets beat the Hornets by 58 IIRC.

And for Chris Paul, I actually think that too many ignorant people just say "he always loses in the playoffs" and take that as "he can't win the playoffs"... it's more than that. He's usually the lower seed so he's always playing the better team in the playoffs. Even this year when he was the higher seed, he played probably the better team. It's the same situation with Melo in the past.

Playoff averages: 21/9.5/5/2 stls on 48%

CP3, more than any other elite player is a victim of playing in the west.

His teams lost to:

56 win Spurs (defending champs)
    54 win Nuggets
    57 win Lakers (defending champs)
    62 win Spurs
    56 win Grizzlies

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Young X

CP3, more than any other elite player is a victim of playing in the west.

His teams lost to:

56 win Spurs (defending champs)
    54 win Nuggets
    57 win Lakers (defending champs)
    62 win Spurs
    56 win Grizzlies
    Still, not one of those teams went on to win the championship. It's a team game, of course, but Paul's teams were not losing to teams that were the best of the best.

Personally, I'd like to see his numbers in elimination games. He's hit big shots and game winners before, but he doesn't strike me as a scorer who thrives under pressure.

I don't know what his numbers are off hand. But just from a few years...

Against SA in 2008:
    18 points (.44 FG%), 14 assists, 4 turnovers, 6 fouls

Against DEN in 2009:
    12 points (.31 FG%), 10 assists, 3 turnovers

Against LA in 2011:
    10 points (.44 FG%), 11 assists, 5 turnovers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    I don't know what games your watching because tony Parker is the definition of a defensive liability. He's short, un athletic and weak and I have never seen him stay in front of a player in one on one situations. CP3 isn't a good defender either, he just gambles a lot. Out of the star PGs the only decent defenders are Rose, Rondo, Williams and Westbrook, everyone else is just straight up garbage on defense.
    Tony Parker=unathletic?

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Still, not one of those teams went on to win the championship. It's a team game, of course, but Paul's teams were not losing to teams that were the best of the best.

Personally, I'd like to see his numbers in elimination games. He's hit big shots and game winners before, but he doesn't strike me as a scorer who thrives under pressure.

I don't know what his numbers are off hand. But just from a few years...

Against SA in 2008:
    18 points (.44 FG%), 14 assists, 4 turnovers, 6 fouls

Against DEN in 2009:
    12 points (.31 FG%), 10 assists, 3 turnovers

Against LA in 2011:
    10 points (.44 FG%), 11 assists, 5 turnovers
    23 pts (9-18), 11 asts, 6 rebs vs Spurs last year

28 pts (11-16), 8 asts, 0 TO's vs. Grizzlies this year

None of those teams went on to win the championship, but there's no shame in losing to teams either as good as your teams or better, especially if your production in the playoffs stays the same from the regular season.

56 wins loses to 56 wins
    49 wins loses to 54 wins
    46 wins loses to 57 wins (without David West)
    50 wins loses to 62 wins
    56 wins loses to 56 wins (without Griffin the last 2 games)

Very good NBA starter

23 pts (9-18), 11, asts, 6 rebs vs Spurs last year

28 pts (11-16), 8 asts, 0 TO's vs. Grizzlies this year

None of those teams went on to win the championship, but there's no shame in losing to teams either as good as your teams or better, especially if your production in the playoffs stays the same from the regular season.
    Versus the Spurs last year, that was his one good game though, and it was too late. He had a really poor series.

Granted, SA was better than LAC, and I agree there's no shame per se, but Paul seems like the kind of player who flames out or leads teams that flame out (he's so ball dominant, for better or worse). That didn't happen in this years playoffs, but I still get that feeling.

His numbers for the series against SA, despite having a strong Game 4 in the sweep (and I believe he was not 100% healthy, but still):

13 PPG (.37 FG%)
    9 APG
    3 SPG
    5 TURNOVERS per game

Very good NBA starter

56 wins loses to 56 wins
    49 wins loses to 54 wins
    46 wins loses to 57 wins (without David West)
    50 wins loses to 62 wins
    56 wins loses to 56 wins (without Griffin the last 2 games)

So, ultimately, will Paul need an uber-stacked team to go far you think?

Do you think his destiny is mostly dependent on how good the competition is or isn't? (ie. will he have to wait till the west weakens to get his?). One 56-win team losing to another doesn't strike me as a lopsided matchup, but there's more to a team than just the record on paper.

I think most teams he's on are too dependent on him, which is FO problem not a Paul problem, but I also think it's his domineering style of play.

Versus the Spurs last year, that was his one good game though, and it was too late. He had a really poor series.

Granted, SA was better than LAC, and I agree there's no shame per se, but Paul seems like the kind of player who flames out or leads teams that flame out (he's so ball dominant, for better or worse). That didn't happen in this years playoffs, but I still get that feeling.

His numbers for the series against SA, despite having a strong Game 4 in the sweep (and I believe he was not 100% healthy, but still):

13 PPG (.37 FG%)
    9 APG
    3 SPG
    5 TURNOVERS per game
    He was injured but I agree he should get criticism for that series and the Nuggets series only. My problem is when people act like he chokes in the playoffs every year when he actually plays great, his teams lose because they're facing better teams that are just as, if not more successfull than his teams.
    So, ultimately, will Paul need an uber-stacked team to go far you think?

Do you think his destiny is mostly dependent on how good the competition is or isn't? (ie. will he have to wait till the west weakens to get his?). One 56-win team losing to another doesn't strike me as a lopsided matchup, but there's more to a team than just the record on paper.

I think most teams he's on are too dependent on him, which is FO problem not a Paul problem, but I also think it's his domineering style of play.
    When you consider how many great teams play in the west, he might need a stacked team to go far, either that or join a team in the east. How is he supposed to get past great teams like the Spurs/Thunder with his 2nd option averaging 14 pts and 6 rebs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    PG defense doesnt win titles, THATS HOW FISHER WON 5 TITLES

Also Tony Parker is a solid underrated defender who doesn't take dumb risks and plays fundamental defense. And a much better defender then CP3 whose defense GETS WORSE in the playoffs.

Why are people in this thread rating a loser who always flops out of the playoffs ahead of a winner with 3 rings? Why so many excuses defending CP3 and so much bullshit being said about Tony Parker?

Why doesn't Tony Parkers game get any respect?

Tony Parker has a history of big time clutch moments in the biggest games. CP3 has a history of losing by 58 at home in the playoffs vs the Nuggets and dirty frustration fouls in elimination games.

Are people really trying to say that CP3 clutchness>Tony Parker clutchness? :
    Last edited by Nick Young; 05-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Tyson Chandler has never been a scorer & didn't really become the defensive anchor he is now until he went to Dallas. He was a good defender but he didn't become an elite defensive big until he went to Dallas

Yes David West was a NICE offensive big...not nice enough to carry the offense alone with Paul.

So you expected

Chris Paul/Antonio Daniels
    Rasual Butler/Morris Peterson
    Peja Stojakovic/Julian Wright
    David West/Sean Marks
    Tyson Chandler/Hilton Armstrong

To do anything in the West?

Paul's last season w/ Chandler & West in NO he lost to the Nuggets in 5. Nuggets had Melo, Nene, Iverson, Billups, Kenyon Martin & JR Smith.

Just an example...
    This. You can credit most of his lack of success in NOLA on Jeff Bower and George Shinn. James Posey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dzav323
    This. You can credit most of his lack of success in NOLA on Jeff Bower and George Shinn. James Posey
    So Tony Parker succeeds, CP3 doesn't.

CP3 has better personal numbers on losing efforts including a 58 point playoff loss at home. Therefore, CP3 is more clutch and better then Tony Parker.

Does anyone see how this brand of logic prevalent in the thread makes no sense at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Lebrons cast in 2009, called the deepest in the league by every analyst on TV and favoured to win the finals:

Shaq-4xNBA title winner, MVP, coming off an allstar season
    Anthony Parker-Euroleague MVP
    Antawn Jamison-ALLSTAR
    Mo Williams-ALL STAR
    Anderson Varejao-labeled a scrub but basically a better version of Noah, ALLSTAR LEVEL GARBAGEMAN

STACKED CAST AND HE BLEW IT.

What's the excuse for CP3 now? LOOK AT HIS ROSTER! He has a losing record in the playoffs! CP3 ball doesn't win titles.
    LMAO this is probably one of the stupidest things i've ever seen. LOL at Shaq "coming off an allstar season". He was voted in you idiot, wouldn't have made it otherwise. Jamison allstar lolololololol. Mo "any guy can do numbers given the ball enough" Williams lolololol . Anthony Parker hahahaha. Varejao wasn't 1/3 of what he is today back then

Although i've never expected anything more than garbage from you so...