Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Do you take back beer you brought over as a guest?

I've taken my beer home before. Some of my friends that host games or PPV events don't drink so it makes no sense to leave it, or even less sense to give it to someone else. Outside of this, no. If I brought it for a party, it stays for the host regardless.

Oh man. You definitely need to drop that friend. Set the tone RIGHT NOW for that mfer. If you don't, chances are he will lose you and other friends, as well as other potential friends. He really lowered the bar there. It sucks, people like that exist.

Just yesterday, I tried avoiding a friend. I'm pretty much his only real guy friend. He begs to come over. I told him I had things to do, another time. He forces his away to tag along. I then told him I cancelled so he can come over. He then attempts to invite a friend over (his girl best friend who I don't find attractive at all one, and two, without my permission) jokingly. And two days in a row, I have to drop him home. He just sits there pretending to miss his train the first day, and I offer to take him home. Yesterday, I was pretty much obligated to take him home. The train station is one block away from my house. It's also stupid because it's about 5-6 stops to his house.

Pisses me off. If you're coming over to my house, especially when you invite yourself over, make sure you know how you're getting home. I'm setting the tone now for his ass.

Edit: Keep in mind. This "friend" is my age. He has his "own" house, rents it and lives with his parents. His parents have "three" houses. And they also have "property" in other states. But he's known to be very cheap. He can't afford to do this, or that. His girlfriend of three years recently broke up with him. She lived about 10 miles away. I asked how often they seen each other, it was once a week or every two weeks. He couldn't even pick her up. He has a BMW 5 series. He tells HER to take the train to see him, to which he'd then drop her home at least. He also has a great job. He doesn't pay bills. He's the only kid. How can someone be so cheap?

Crazy.
    Last edited by Draz; 05-26-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Over the weekend I invited a friend over to watch the Cavs/Raps game. He brings over a 4 pack of beer. He puts it in the fridge and I suggest to drink mine because it's already cold. So we polish of 4 each of my beer and decide to go play pool since the game was over. We decide to leave his beer there so when we're done we can have night cap beers when we get home. We go to the pool hall, which I pay, I buy us 3 rounds and he bought none. We finish up and head back to my house. By then we're cashed and don't feel like having another one. I call it a night and my buddy does too, takes off to go home. Next morning I look in the fridge and he took his beer with him.

Now I don't feel obligated to his beer, but wouldn't it be a good gesture to leave the beer behind as a thank you for your hospitality? Or even as a gift offering when you come over like a bottle of wine? Thoughts?
    Looking at the situation, looks like you're both pretty buzzed by the end of the night. He might not be exercising the best judgment right then. Just ask him about it. He might apologize and said he wasn't thinking straight or he wanted to drink more at home.

If it's indeed an intentional cheap move, and if this is a good buddy, you might have to educate him on that. Good friends are worth the extra effort.

Otherwise...might think about unfriending.

Must have one hella tight schfinkter

Honestly, that is so bad I'd consider droping the friend. Good friends don't do that.

Op is a beta bitch with a 2 inch dick.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Must have one hella tight schfinkter

Honestly, that is so bad I'd consider droping the friend. Good friends don't do that.
    That's because you're a gambling alcoholic Trent. You can't do without your fix.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Now I don't feel obligated to his beer, but wouldn't it be a good gesture to leave the beer behind as a thank you for your hospitality? Or even as a gift offering when you come over like a bottle of wine?

I'd never do that but mostly because I'm too lazy to carry that shit home. I can't remember a friend ever doing that but I honestly wouldn't care. It's kind of shitty but not really a big deal imo. I have friends leave their beer here all the time and I would rather them just take it because I usually don't want it.

The not buying a round thing is a shittier move for me.

The beer should stay unless you go and get it out of the fridge and say 'please take your beer, I dont mind'

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    That's because you're a gambling alcoholic Trent. You can't do without your fix.

It's ok jameer, you are only 18.

We understand if you take your beer with you

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I would've called the guy out at the bar...hey man, its your round, get me a _________.

Undefeated

OP is 40 and still hangs around pond-scum losers

No, taking beer back is...

Even if you're broke it's not really acceptable. Dude brought a 4 pack?!

**** you op!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    I would've called the guy out at the bar...hey man, its your round, get me a _________.
    He comes back with PBR

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Oh man. You definitely need to drop that friend. Set the tone RIGHT NOW for that mfer. If you don't, chances are he will lose you and other friends, as well as other potential friends. He really lowered the bar there. It sucks, people like that exist.

Just yesterday, I tried avoiding a friend. I'm pretty much his only real guy friend. He begs to come over. I told him I had things to do, another time. He forces his away to tag along. I then told him I cancelled so he can come over. He then attempts to invite a friend over (his girl best friend who I don't find attractive at all one, and two, without my permission) jokingly. And two days in a row, I have to drop him home. He just sits there pretending to miss his train the first day, and I offer to take him home. Yesterday, I was pretty much obligated to take him home. The train station is one block away from my house. It's also stupid because it's about 5-6 stops to his house.

Pisses me off. If you're coming over to my house, especially when you invite yourself over, make sure you know how you're getting home. I'm setting the tone now for his ass.

Edit: Keep in mind. This "friend" is my age. He has his "own" house, rents it and lives with his parents. His parents have "three" houses. And they also have "property" in other states. But he's known to be very cheap. He can't afford to do this, or that. His girlfriend of three years recently broke up with him. She lived about 10 miles away. I asked how often they seen each other, it was once a week or every two weeks. He couldn't even pick her up. He has a BMW 5 series. He tells HER to take the train to see him, to which he'd then drop her home at least. He also has a great job. He doesn't pay bills. He's the only kid. How can someone be so cheap?

Crazy.
    What kind of weirdos do u hang with my dude?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    What kind of weirdos do u hang with my dude?
    He's attached to me specifically because we're the same race. We get along a lot but he just constantly brags about his job and this and that. I just get fed up with it.