Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Arrow Steve Nash says he would "listen to" the HEAT

Full article.

Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, one of the top free agents this summer, joined the Dan Patrick Show this afternoon and made some comments that probably made ripples around the league.

"I'm not coming back to the Suns if there isn't improvement," Nash told Patrick.

Nash explained he's expecting the Suns to try to make those improvements, but that he's looking forward to becoming a free agent and deciding where to continue his career.
    The hypothetical of LeBron James asking Nash to join up in Miami for one last push at a championship was brought up.

"I would listen," Nash said. "He's phenomenal. I love what they're doing there. A lot of people don't like them because they put all that talent there. But they're professional, they play hard, they play together. Their coaching staff has done a great job, so I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

"I would definitely listen."

The Heat won't have any salary-cap space next summer, so Nash would have to settle for the mid-level exception if he wanted to join the club.

Plenty of teams, including the Suns, could offer much more money than the Heat.

But for someone who has earned about $120 million during his career, sacrificing some money for winning a title might be palatable to Nash.
    Dude deserves to go out with a chance at ring.
    Last edited by Faptastrophe; 03-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Default Re: Steve Nash says he would "listen to" the HEAT

fk is this? Nash would not help the Heat. he would give the Heat problems with his defense.

Me and most people belive that the last thing the Heat need is a domaint pointguard. What the Heat need is a pointguard who can defend and make 3 pointers. I belive that is what they are getting with Chalmers. Nash needs the ball in his hands to be Nash. I also notice that he is not such a good shooter when he spots up and shoots. He needs his dribble. I'm not saying Nash with the Heat would suck, they would improve, but it is not like we are playing a video game.

Heat need a 7'0" or bigger center to compliment bosh's inablity to bang and get rebounds more so than Nash's talents.

College star

For the sake of hypothetical assumptions...

As a true, true fan of Steve Nash, I am somewhat torn at the possiblity of him going to the Heat. I admire Nash's character that he has exemplified throughout his ENTIRE, not just second half of his, career, and feel nauseas thinking about that type of player joining such a cocky, arrogant set of players (Wade, Lebron, Chalmers, Battier at times in his career, Haslem).

Getting back to the hypothetical; I WOULD however endorse this transaction if Miami were to say miss another chance to become champions this year, and ultimately won the proceeding year after adding Nash as their starting point guard (don't try to tell me that Chalmers and Nole are better than Steve Nash. Even with his defensive liablities, a 39 year old Steve Nash is still a miracle worker the likes that Chalmers and Nole could only dream of evolving into.)

Such a win in the 2013 Finals, considering their failed attempts (hypothetically, again I must stress) would, in my eyes, help cement Nash as one of the greatest point guards to ever play in the Association with little to no doubt whatsoever. You wouldn't be able to discredit him from that ring, citing him joining such a talented roster, because that same talented roster were 0 for 2 in their championship voyages. Meaning, Steve Nash was, and maybe always was, the "missing piece." And though he wouldn't be the FMVP as he would have undoubtedly been had he won a ring in PHX, I think the fact that he came to a team that experienced continued failure in terms of their ultimate goal and helped transcend them, shoving them over the proverbial fence, would speak volumes to his abilities, and his character.

So, maybe he should consider joining the Heat this summer. One thing is for sure. It's time Nash got selfish: players much, MUCH less talented and deserving as you have sought out championships, ring chasing into retirement. There's no shame in cutting your ties with the Suns, a franchise you single handedly revitalized in every and any possible way, to achieve that one thing that is missing from your Hall of Fame resume.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Nash on the Heat is scary to contemplate. Seeing Nash win a title is something even the staunchest Lebron-haters would celebrate. He'd bring some class to the operation down there on south beach.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Heat need a 7'0" or bigger center to compliment bosh's inablity to bang and get rebounds more so than Nash's talents.
    Yeah they need a big rebounder guy, but I'd take Nash over something that improves my team any time. But that's just me.

Banned

why does he deserve it? he wasnt good enough to win with a few contending teams, got unlucky, whatever. You can't go ring chase like a loser because you want a ring, he deserves better than a ring as a 4th option and if not at least the pride would be there. cmon

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    why does he deserve it? he wasnt good enough to win with a few contending teams, got unlucky, whatever. You can't go ring chase like a loser because you want a ring, he deserves better than a ring as a 4th option and if not at least the pride would be there. cmon
    He'll be a free agent, so yes, he can.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

At 39 years old, has there been any other NBA players that have received offers as high as Nash is projected to get (MLE + a few extra million per year)? And I'm talking about entering free agency as a 39 year old, not signing a 5 year deal at 35 and getting paid the latter half at 39.

HEAT are getting even more stacked???

cot diggity ..

maybe put him on the bench for balance?

BEAST

i feel what Nash is saying

im not a fan of the super team but you got to admit , at least they are doing it to increase their chances of winning, they want to win period. how would you feel if they just remain super stars in their 1 man army teams and never win a ring. a couple years down the road, they will become role players and go ring chase anyways

College star

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Like I said, less talented players have gone "ring chasing," so why does he NOT deserve it? It's alright for players who joined the Celtics of the 2000s, the Rockets of the 90s, and so many other players prior, after, and between to run after their coveted championship before they hang their shorts up, but its not for a two time MVP?

A two time MVP who got utterly ****ED in his best years as a title contender, by the Spurs and Robert Horry who blatantly leveled Nash with a foul that would gotten him fined today all to incite confrontation that ultimately ended in Amare's suspension, the Suns second best player, but second in impact by no means as he was dominating that postseason?

What about the year the Suns had to fend for themselves as that same player, Amare, was out close to the entire season minus three games, the year Steve Nash turned Diaw into the MIP of the league?

Unlucky is exactly what has dampered Nash's title hopes in the past, not incompetence, not lack of effort like Lebron (as an example of a player who had all the tools but did not work hard enough when his goal was 2 wins away.)

Yes Steve Nash deserves a real chance at a ring. Yes, he does.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

The Heat need a real bigman.

Some kids never learn.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    The Heat need a real bigman.

Some kids never learn.
    The Heat don't need shit. The only thing the Heat need is for LeBron to be LeBron, 100%, every minute of every game in the playoffs.