Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Chris Mullin vs Larry Bird $100 bucks a shot

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS

walking off with the (money)ball in the air

Local High School Star

I know the thread is about their shooting ability but as a sidenote, it's interesting to see that Mullin and Bird had many similarites in their games.

- Great shooters in all situations

- Subpar man defenders yet elite team defenders due to their anticipation and instinct. Mullin had those quick hands that resulted in steals.

- Very good passers. Mullin often used to point forward for the Warriors. Bird may not have brought the ball up the court but a lot of the Celtics offense initiated through him.

Mullin was actually compared to Bird in the early 90s. IIRC, it was around the time they were selected for the Dream TEAM.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Steve Nash

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    I know the thread is about their shooting ability but as a sidenote, it's interesting to see that Mullin and Bird had many similarites in their games.

- Subpar man defenders yet elite team defenders due to their anticipation and instinct. Mullin had those quick hands that resulted in steals.

- Very good passers. Mullin often used to point forward for the Warriors. Bird may not have brought the ball up the court but a lot of the Celtics offense initiated through him.

Mullin was actually compared to Bird in the early 90s. IIRC, it was around the time they were selected for the Dream TEAM.
    Very, very similar. Bird had the quick hands as well, both had great court vision too. Think about how good Mullin would be if he was 6'9' like Bird? He would be able to get his shot off even easier than ever.

Possibly my favorite pass ever was one from Mullin when he was at St. John's. He was standing at the top of the key with both of his hands up calling for the ball and the pass goes to him and and without moving his arm, he just flicks his wrist and serves a perfect chest high pass to the 7 footer, Bill Wennington for a dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3

I actually think talent-wise, bird and mullin are tit-for-tat. Mullin just never had the teams good enough to win like bird

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I actually think talent-wise, bird and mullin are tit-for-tat. Mullin just never had the teams good enough to win like bird
    Jesus, you're so obtuse. Mullin isn't even CLOSE to Bird in terms of talent, and I say that as a big Mullin fan (even played against him one time briefly when he visited Xaverian HS in Brooklyn back in the day).

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Rick Mount'd kill em both. Just ask him.

I love Mullin but you're nuts

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Steve Nash
    +1

Mr. 50-40-90 all day.

I guess I should qualified my point by saying as far as offensive offensive, mullin and bird are on par.

im a superhero

I guess I should qualified my point by saying as far as offensive offensive, mullin and bird are on par.
    once again not close.

to answer the thread, id take mullin. him and nash and maybe mitch richmond are the only guys id take over bird.

im a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    same guy who thinks pippen is just as good as lebron and wade if he played in this era.

thats who were dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    same guy who thinks pippen is just as good as lebron and wade if he played in this era.

thats who were dealing with.
    I think james is better than pippen. I've said they're similar. But that conversation was about 2-3 years ago.

And yes, im firmly convinced that wade is extremely overrated. He hasn't done much of anything special past 06 and 09. He's overrated defensively, he's a product of the era he plays in due to the rule changes. He's limited offensively, and has underachieved his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    once again not close.

to answer the thread, id take mullin. him and nash and maybe mitch richmond are the only guys id take over bird.
    Get the **** otta here. Lol not close...... They were essentailly the same type of player offensively.