Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Would you rather have Serge Ibaka or Kevin Love on your team?

It depends of what the rest of my team looks like but if I'm starting one Love. He is clearly the best player between the 2 of them.

Banned

Love.

Ibaka is a solid starting lineup player. No more no less.

I take Love and then trade him for Ibaka and whatever else I need.

kobetard

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Anyone choosing Ibaka is a straight up idiot.
    Yeah, love 90% of the time. But if your team defense is pretty lopsided in favor of the offense ibaka's probably the better pick.

Love is a superstar, alltime great rebounder and offensive force for a PF and is arguably the best power forward in basketball/of this generation

Ibaka isnt top 10 and is a role player

Kevin Love

It's love obviously but Ibaka is good and offers top rim protection in the league which is extremely valuable asset to have in a team.

It entirely depends on what type of team/cast it is...... if we are talking about Cavs/Thunder for example, with Durant/Lebron around Love will work a bit more of the ball / spotup shooting and so on, he wont be having as many touches due to a better offensive player being there, there is only one ball, so his productions will be decreased.... all of the sudden they run back to defense where its non existent for Love....

Meanwhile Ibaka is completely in his offensive comfort zone with Durant/Lebron orchestrating the offense, thats infact how his scoring becomes even better... then they run back to defense where Ibaka is a DPOY type of interior defender who can exhert all that energy there.....

TL;DR- i think Ibaka is a better complementary player for Durant/Lebron.... but Love would be a better choice if you are more desperate for scoring... so im not sure...

If I was Cleveland I'd rather have Ibaka

As a 3rd option, at 24 yrs old, he put up 15 & 9 with nearly 3 blocks a game plus he shot 44,5% on jump shots last season and his 3pt shot is coming along nicely, though he's not a volume 3pt shooter he can make em when open

I feel like Ibaka is exactly the 3rd option Lebron would need, for OKC, he basically does what Bosh did in Miami, but better due to his impact on the defensive end

I feel like Ibaka will have a more meaningful career, overall.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    It entirely depends on what type of team/cast it is...... if we are talking about Cavs/Thunder for example, with Durant/Lebron around Love will work a bit more of the ball / spotup shooting and so on, he wont be having as many touches due to a better offensive player being there, there is only one ball, so his productions will be decreased.... all of the sudden they run back to defense where its non existent for Love....

Meanwhile Ibaka is completely in his offensive comfort zone with Durant/Lebron orchestrating the offense, thats infact how his scoring becomes even better... then they run back to defense where Ibaka is a DPOY type of interior defender who can exhert all that energy there.....

TL;DR- i think Ibaka is a better complementary player for Durant/Lebron.... but Love would be a better choice if you are more desperate for scoring... so im not sure...
    Pauk, you always overrate Ibaka's defense and make your lack of knowledge far too obvious. Seems fitting how you never actually give any details either, because anyone who actually watched Ibaka for past 3 years would know his man-to-man, pick-n-roll and post defense isn't "DPOY caliber". He is elite at weak side shot blocking, recovering and chasing down guards and "intimidating" retards that don't know how to pump fake.

Anytime he faces a skilled big man that understands the game he gets embarrassed. Such as Dirk, Duncan, Bosh, Diaw, etc. I find it shocking you still spew this nonsense. Your argument makes absolutely no sense and isn't grounded in reality. In no type of team would Ibaka be a bettter "fit", Love's rebounding, scoring and shooting range trumps ANYTHING Ibaka can offer to a team.

Using your logic, I am sure people would rather have Kevin Durant over Lebron on their team if they have all-star talent, because there is only 1 ball and only 1 of those two can play off-ball and let his teammates shine instead of turning them into spot-up shooters.

Banned

LMAO ... Kevin Love, who some calls the best PF in the league, is gonna take a backseat to Serge Ibaka?

Why do people keep forgetting how big bad Serge Ibaka got dick slapped by Chris Bosh in the Finals? That's how LeBron was able to live in the post in that series. Bosh manhandled that OKC frontcourt, including Durant who didn't grab more than 5 rebounds in a game until the last game(a blow out). How the hell do you get punked by Chris Bosh, a guy who very feminine and scared to get rough.

I get it....anybody who plays with LeBron isn't as good as their resume says.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Pauk, you always overrate Ibaka's defense and make your lack of knowledge far too obvious. Seems fitting how you never actually give any details either, because anyone who actually watched Ibaka for past 3 years would know his man-to-man, pick-n-roll and post defense isn't "DPOY caliber". He is elite at weak side shot blocking, recovering and chasing down guards and "intimidating" retards that don't know how to pump fake.

Anytime he faces a skilled big man that understands the game he gets embarrassed. Such as Dirk, Duncan, Bosh, Diaw, etc. I find it shocking you still spew this nonsense. Your argument makes absolutely no sense and isn't grounded in reality. In no type of team would Ibaka be a bettter "fit", Love's rebounding, scoring and shooting range trumps ANYTHING Ibaka can offer to a team.

Using your logic, I am sure people would rather have Kevin Durant over Lebron on their team if they have all-star talent, because there is only 1 ball and only 1 of those two can play off-ball and let his teammates shine instead of turning them into spot-up shooters.
    Your right that ibaka is not a good man to man defender and he bites on too many pump fakes and your also right that he is not a decent rebounder due to low core strength like Hibbert. However..ibaka is a great shot blocker and shot alterer against driving guards and small forwards. Considering there are only 2-3 pfs in the game that can dominate ibaka in a post up situation u can abuse without help defence and around 50 top pg, sg and sf that drive to the rim to score most of their points, ibaka provides very important weak side defence as well as any player in the league. In clevelands case love is prob the worst weak side and shot blocking/altering pfs in the league whilst ibaka is the best. Ibakas impact is clearly not shown on the score board but he is a better fit defensive wise and offensive chemistry and role wise. We all heard of twos a whatever but 3s a crowd and Kevin loves points won't be needed as much as defence.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Kevin Love cause at least he can dominate Matt Bonnar when he's on him in a 7 game series.

Seriously how is this even a question?