Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Default Karl Malone gives Isiah Thomas 40 stitches

Karl Malone collided with Isiah Thomas in a game on December 14, 1991. Thomas received 40 stitches and Malone was ejected, fined $10,000 and was suspended for a game. This includes the KSL report on the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0RGcMhGMk4

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default Re: Karl Malone gives Isiah Thomas 40 stitches

Malone went straight up and was going for the ball. Ejected, fined, AND suspended? It should have been a common foul.

Wow, softest era in the NBA.

/sarcasm

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    Malone went straight up and was going for the ball. Ejected, fined, AND suspended? It should have been a common foul.

Wow, softest era in the NBA.

/sarcasm

It's amazing how much bigger and stronger Karl Malone is compared to little charles barkley

Some say chuck was better earlier on, but i disagree. Chuck was a stat padder of the highest breed, while Karl played the system to perfection.

This is what happens when you think you're tough and want the bad boy image. You get your smashed in by Karl Malone. Don't act hard unless you your mouth can write checks your body can cash.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This is what happens when you think you're tough and want the bad boy image. You get your smashed in by Karl Malone. Don't act hard unless you your mouth can write checks your body can cash.
    Not even what happened.

Malone was butthurt his boy Stockton was getting torched and embarrassed after being undeservedly selected to the Dream Team. Malone is only a tough guy when it comes to players much smaller than him. Dude is a bitch of the highest order and a mental midget who choked in the post season.

I usually hit open layups

didn't look intentional to me, a common foul maybe given but.. WTF 10,000K fine and a game suspension...

Delli's leglock is more serious than that...

NBA Superstar

Jazz were legendary cheapshots.

Malone only outdone by Stockton.

If he was going for the block, arm would be straight and he wouldn't turn his back, he gave token effort to make it look legit, but you can tell by his reaction he did what he set out to do, Pistons were dirty, Malone and Stockton didn't like the fact that they were getting all the dirty cred so they had to dirty it up.

Barkley >>>>>>>> Malone, at least Chuck would fight Shaq and Oakley, the Letter Carrier picked on 5'11" PGs. I heard next game he went after Spud Webb and then the following year Mugsy was on his hit list.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Karl Malone collided with Isiah Thomas in a game on December 14, 1991. Thomas received 40 stitches and Malone was ejected, fined $10,000 and was suspended for a game. This includes the KSL report on the incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0RGcMhGMk4

Isiah shall light a candle in the church for staying alive. He barely escaped 7ft5" Mark Eaton and goes stright to the Malone. Or put it in another way he was met by 14 ft 500 pounds of body mass.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

Malone was good at going after guards in a similar way to how Bynum went after Barea.

For free?

Karl Malone = ringless

Isiah Thomas = alpha

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Jazz were legendary cheapshots.

Malone only outdone by Stockton.

If he was going for the block, arm would be straight and he wouldn't turn his back, he gave token effort to make it look legit, but you can tell by his reaction he did what he set out to do, Pistons were dirty, Malone and Stockton didn't like the fact that they were getting all the dirty cred so they had to dirty it up.

Barkley >>>>>>>> Malone, at least Chuck would fight Shaq and Oakley, the Letter Carrier picked on 5'11" PGs. I heard next game he went after Spud Webb and then the following year Mugsy was on his hit list.
    Yea that play was ****ing evil. I guess someone has to be an enforcer, but you don't need to pop someone on that level. I know why he did it. He wanted to send a message. I can only hope it was one of those plays that you have a plan going in and it ends up way worse than you thought it would be. Cuz he gave him like a tiger elbow.

I always say this shit and I'm not a big dude... but I don't care if it's Shaq or Malone or whatever, if someone does that to your teammate you have to go at him. Never let someone get away with that. It's sad that nobody really even went up to Malone. ****ing *******.

If you gotta go JVG and sink your teeth into his ankle, that's how it goes.

-Smak

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Yea that play was ****ing evil. I guess someone has to be an enforcer, but you don't need to pop someone on that level. I know why he did it. He wanted to send a message. I can only hope it was one of those plays that you have a plan going in and it ends up way worse than you thought it would be. Cuz he gave him like a tiger elbow.

I always say this shit and I'm not a big dude... but I don't care if it's Shaq or Malone or whatever, if someone does that to your teammate you have to go at him. Never let someone get away with that. It's sad that nobody really even went up to Malone. ****ing *******.

If you gotta go JVG and sink your teeth into his ankle, that's how it goes.

-Smak

well said ... I preach this also and I'm definitely not a tall (or fit) dude.

If you get hit in the face and blood is spilled then so be it ... ya know ... bro's before nose!

College star

Karl Malone was awesome and was not a racist like Isiah.
    Karl Malone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Isiah