Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
Mrofir
Decent college freshman
 
Mrofir's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,372
Default Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

7. The Gordon Giricek signing

Phoenix stumbled on a better-than-average defender who happens to feel his very best running in the Suns uptempo system. Raja Bell was consistently getting killed under the basket by Carmelo Anthony in the recent Nugs-Suns matchup. Giricek was inserted as a "we'll try anything" attempt to slow down Anthony -- he immediately threw his body into Melo and forced a turnover as the Nuggets tried to feed him the ball... He's also a pretty good shooter, and a relatively athletic addition to the roster, which was needed after the Trade.

6. The Boston Celtics.

They look well on their way to securing the #1 spot in the East, and the best record overall. If there is one team that would give Phoenix fits in the playoffs, it's Detroit. But if the Celtics do their part, the Suns won't see the Pistons. And if they do, here's hoping it's a Pistons team that is worn out from having to grind out a 7th game in Boston. The Suns can beat the Celtics. Amare pisses KG off because his offensive game is more complete, and KG responds by forcing it against Amare (and Shaq).

article continued here

Discuss?
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
ILballa
National High School Star
 
ILballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,389
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Suns won't win it all.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
KokeAyne
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
KokeAyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 653
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Theres a reason that article is on a Phoenix Suns website...

Are the Suns really not gonna worry about the Celtics? That is a joke. Its funny how it says Amares offensive game is more complete because offense is the only game he has! KG will dominate on D.

I still dont think the Suns can beat the Spurs and the Lakers have clowned them all season.
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Mrofir
Decent college freshman
 
Mrofir's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,372
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Suns won't win it all.

Thanks for that. Well supported.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Kappy
Good High School Starter
 
Kappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 815
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
7. The Gordon Giricek signing

Phoenix stumbled on a better-than-average defender who happens to feel his very best running in the Suns uptempo system. Raja Bell was consistently getting killed under the basket by Carmelo Anthony in the recent Nugs-Suns matchup. Giricek was inserted as a "we'll try anything" attempt to slow down Anthony -- he immediately threw his body into Melo and forced a turnover as the Nuggets tried to feed him the ball... He's also a pretty good shooter, and a relatively athletic addition to the roster, which was needed after the Trade.

6. The Boston Celtics.

They look well on their way to securing the #1 spot in the East, and the best record overall. If there is one team that would give Phoenix fits in the playoffs, it's Detroit. But if the Celtics do their part, the Suns won't see the Pistons. And if they do, here's hoping it's a Pistons team that is worn out from having to grind out a 7th game in Boston. The Suns can beat the Celtics. Amare pisses KG off because his offensive game is more complete, and KG responds by forcing it against Amare (and Shaq).

article continued here

Discuss?

Uhhh, OK ....
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
Mrofir
Decent college freshman
 
Mrofir's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,372
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Did you watch the recent Celtics-Suns game? Amare + Shaq outscored, outrebounded, and outblocked KG and Perkins. The Suns won 85-77, and that was during midseason training camp, which has recently ended.

Also, the Lakers have had impressive regular season wins against the Suns the past 2 seasons and lost in the playoffs.

Id prefer not to think about the Spurs..

Last edited by Mrofir : 03-21-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
gpfanz
National High School Star
 
gpfanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,194
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILballa
Suns won't win it all.

Because Kobe will??
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #8
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,647
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

if they can get out of the west, all bets are off. any west team has a chance against the east team.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:38 PM   #9
KokeAyne
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
KokeAyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 653
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
Did you watch the recent Celtics-Suns game? Amare + Shaq outscored, outrebounded, and outblocked KG and Perkins. The Suns won 85-77, and that was during midseason training camp, which has recently ended.

Alright well the article says the only team that will give hte Suns the "fits" its Detroit? Do you really believe that? The Suns will have no trouble with the Spurs (who they have not yet beat in the playoffs), the Lakers who have owned them this season, or teams like the Mavs, Hornets, Jazz etc?
KokeAyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #10
Mrofir
Decent college freshman
 
Mrofir's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,372
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Detroit seems to have the personel to neutralize alot of Phoenix's strengths. The Lakers are injured and it's not their year (that was mentioned in the article)... I agree the Spurs will be a tough hurdle for anyone, but they are more likely to get knocked off early than they have been in quite a while.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #11
gts
shhhhhhh
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downtown Hoops Dojo
Posts: 29,321
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
Thanks for that. Well supported.
wait a minute...you post somebody else's work as your argument then bash people because they don't go into great detail to support their view?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
Mrofir
Decent college freshman
 
Mrofir's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,372
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

No. I wrote the article. Was hoping for some discussion. That person went into NO detail. I killed 4 brain cells reading the post, that's it.

Since I've been exposed, maybe i should say that I know enough about basketball to realize that NO team is LIKELY to win it all this year. I just think there are a few good reasons the Suns might turn the corner despite the insane competition.

Last edited by Mrofir : 03-21-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!
 
SourGrapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,997
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

until steve nash and shaquille morph into good pick and roll defenders, i doubt they will win it all. pheonix imo has a pretty bad defensive front court, and its not like nash is a stopper himself.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #14
rs98762001
Serious playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 463
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

There's one very good reason why the Suns won't win it all. Defense.
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN
 
TruthKGRay3412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bahhhhstonnnn,MA
Posts: 5,411
Default Re: Seven Reasons why the Suns will be champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
There's one very good reason why the Suns won't win it all. Defense.

TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy