Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 PM   #46
artest 93
Local High School Star

Default Re: Tmac vs Iverson vs Arenas vs Carter vs Carmelo vs Pierce, who is the best out of them

ban or ignore the troll.

this is just another one of those threads where he posts whatever comes to mind. at least put his thoughts into it? if health were an issue? career wise? what the fudge does this child want??
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #47
geeWiz15
Banned

Default Re: Tmac vs Iverson vs Arenas vs Carter vs Carmelo vs Pierce, who is the best out of them

Quote:
I seriously don't see how people have Paul Pierce ranked in the top 3 in the group. Anybody having him ranked #1 should be banned from posting.
I think you should be banned from posting...

and that is exactly why 6 regular posters are mods on this board and I'm not one of them... but I digress.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #48
June1026
Hong 1026

Default Re: Tmac vs Iverson vs Arenas vs Carter vs Carmelo vs Pierce, who is the best out of

This is more of a career comparison, most of you are only looking at this season, yea no sh*t, when you have KG, Ray and a great supporting cast off the bench, you have to play with a lot of confidence and that directly transfer into better stats, you have other people to go to when you cant get a good shot, tmac doesnt have that, he is Houston's only Offense. Tmac SINGLE handedly carried the crippled Magic into the Playoffs, Pierce could not do it with a more talented Celts squad last few years. Last two years, Tmac carried the Rockets to a 30-14 record in games without Yao, I doubt Pierce can do that, not saying he can't. you look at accomplishment, yea Mcgrady never passed the first round, I'm not gonna ignore that, but the guy is averaging 29 pt 7 reb 6 asi 1.3 blk 1.3 stl in playoffs, so it should be more to blame on his team.

Career
Tmac: 2 times All NBA FIRST, 3 times All NBA SECOND, and 1 time All NBA THIRD, Most Improved Player, 7 times STARTING all star, 2 Scoring titles.

Pierce: 2 times All NBA THIRD team, 5 times COACHES DECISION all star

During their prime Tmac is better in every category except leadership and dealing with injuries. You say Pierce is more athletic? you serious? Tmac would've won the dunk contest if it werent for the best dunker of all time (Carter), you say Pierce is more clutch? does 13 in 33 sound un-clutch to you? Im not hating on Pierce, I'm just saying looking at both of their career, and Tmac comes on top of these two, of course AI is the best on this list.

EDIT: If the Celts did not acquire Ray and KG this summer, would Pierce's name be even mentioned on this list? I like the Celtics, but people who made their accounts after June 2007, I really can't help but to think of you guys as bandwagoners... no respect.

Last edited by June1026 : 03-20-2008 at 11:34 PM.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #49
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthetruth34
Did you not watch him play against Houston on tuesday? He was great, if you missed that game, he played again tonight and scored 22 and got 13 boards, oh yeah his overrated defense got 3 blocks and got a huge steal in the last 4 minutes. His true shooting percentage is 58 percent, Tmac is only 50%. He is simply the better player right now. The MVP on the best team in the league. He is a much better foul shooter.
He still is very athletic, he threw a facial on the Spurs on monday. The only area TMac is better than Pierce is passing, but its not by alot.

The "MVP"...you are attributing this to Paul Pierce. Buddy don't put Paul Pierce is the same shoes as KG. The Celtics have a great shot at the finals. And the credit will go to Garnett. You have to look more than at points. KG is a bonafide top 5 player.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #50
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

Default Re: Tmac vs Iverson vs Arenas vs Carter vs Carmelo vs Pierce, who is the best out of

Quote:
Originally Posted by June1026
This is more of a career comparison, most of you are only looking at this season, yea no sh*t, when you have KG, Ray and a great supporting cast off the bench, you have to play with a lot of confidence and that directly transfer into better stats, you have other people to go to when you cant get a good shot, tmac doesnt have that, he is Houston's only Offense. Tmac SINGLE handedly carried the crippled Magic into the Playoffs, Pierce could not do it with a more talented Celts squad last few years. Last two years, Tmac carried the Rockets to a 30-14 record in games without Yao, I doubt Pierce can do that, not saying he can't. you look at accomplishment, yea Mcgrady never passed the first round, I'm not gonna ignore that, but the guy is averaging 29 pt 7 reb 6 asi 1.3 blk 1.3 stl in playoffs, so it should be more to blame on his team.

Career
Tmac: 2 times All NBA FIRST, 3 times All NBA SECOND, and 1 time All NBA THIRD, Most Improved Player, 7 times STARTING all star.

Pierce: 2 times All NBA THIRD team, 5 times COACHES DECISION all star

During their prime Tmac is better in every category except leadership and dealing with injuries. You say Pierce is more athletic? you serious? Tmac would've won the dunk contest if it werent for the best dunker of all time (Carter), you say Pierce is more clutch? does 13 in 33 sound un-clutch to you? Im not hating on Pierce, I'm just saying looking at both of their career, and Tmac comes on top of these two, of course AI is the best on this list.

EDIT: If the Celts did not acquire Ray and KG this summer, would Pierce's name be even mentioned on this list? I like the Celtics, but people who made their accounts after June 2007, I really can't help but to think of you guys as bandwagoners... no respect.

Fially someone on here with some brains!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #51
sthetruth34
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
The "MVP"...you are attributing this to Paul Pierce. Buddy don't put Paul Pierce is the same shoes as KG. The Celtics have a great shot at the finals. And the credit will go to Garnett. You have to look more than at points. KG is a bonafide top 5 player.

No Pierce is simply a better player this season. I have watched every Celtics game and there is no doubt in my mind he is the best player. We have a MVP voting on Celtics blog, the most popular celtic fan website and Pierce is leading that by alot of votes.
sthetruth34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #52
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

I don't know buddy. I'm a huge NBA fan and have the pass. You are obviously a huge Celtics fan and I have nothing but respect for 'em but I think you're a bit biased. I haven't watched the Celtics as much as you this year but I've seen them probably 7 or 8 times. 2 of them KG was injured. I think KG's presense in the locker room alone makes him more valuable than Pierce. KG is a warrior and does things that you don't see on the stats sheet. The only better big man in the league is Tim Duncan.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:34 PM   #53
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Career wise :

Iverson
----------------
Tmac
Pierce
----------------
Carter
----------------
Melo
Arenas

Iverson has had the best career quite easily on the list, theres only 2 or 3 players currently in the league who can say they have had a better career than iverson and none of them are on this list...

Tmac and Pierce are close, but Pierce has never been a top 5 player in the L while for 2 or 3 years Tmac was, so even tho pierce has been more consistant, Tmac gets the edge here...

Carter is just below these guys, he has been a premiere player for a long time, but injuries and inconsistency has cost him...

Melo and Gil need more time in the L to even approach the above players. and even then, i doubt they will catch Pierce and Tmac little own the answer...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 AM   #54
_KP_The_Familia_
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Career-wise:

1. AI
2. Tmac
3. Vince
4. Pierce
5. Arenas
6. Melo

This year:

1. Tmac
2. Pierce
3. AI
4. Melo
5. Carter
6. DNP Arenas
_KP_The_Familia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 AM   #55
sthetruth34
Learning to shoot layups

One request from the guy above me.
How has VC had a better career than Paul Pierce?
Old 03-21-2008, 03:09 AM   #56
June1026
Hong 1026

Quote:
One request from the guy above me.
How has VC had a better career than Paul Pierce?

well you could argue that Vince is actually known for something, the best dunker of all time, during his prime, he was a human highlight reel, and VC has arguably more talent with a questionable attitude, Even if you look at accomplishments, Paul Pierce really doesn't have that much better of a career unless they win the Championship this year.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #57
sthetruth34
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by June1026
well you could argue that Vince is actually known for something, the best dunker of all time, during his prime, he was a human highlight reel, and VC has arguably more talent with a questionable attitude, Even if you look at accomplishments, Paul Pierce really doesn't have that much better of a career unless they win the Championship this year.

When I think of Vince, I think of quitting, when I think of Pierce, I think of toughness and loyality. Vince is putting up 20 5 5 on a lottery team Pierce put up much better numbers on a lottery team including a 27 7 5 season. Vince has never had that good of a season. And now Pierce is the best player on the best team in the league. Carter never has been able to claim that.

Vince isnt even close to the player Pierce is.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #58
dogman652
Serious playground baller

i'd have to say AI is the best outta them.
dogman652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #59
June1026
Hong 1026

Quote:
When I think of Vince, I think of quitting, when I think of Pierce, I think of toughness and loyality. Vince is putting up 20 5 5 on a lottery team Pierce put up much better numbers on a lottery team including a 27 7 5 season. Vince has never had that good of a season. And now Pierce is the best player on the best team in the league. Carter never has been able to claim that.

Vince isnt even close to the player Pierce is.

Well, really depends on how you look at it, Carter revolutionized dunking, and even with the crappy season hes having, he still got way more all star votes than Pierce, I actually like Pierce better than Carter, but you see Carters career highlights, you see some of the most amazing acrobatic plays/dunks, and hes also quite clutch, of course Pierce should get more respect as a player, because he does play with his heart. Well, I didnt say Carter was better, I just said depends on which aspects you look at when you rank these players.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #60
Hoopeful
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
... 3. prime Vince Carter
Yeah, I remember that game.
Hoopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: