Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Okafor has no love for Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    In a a few years he's going to thank the Lakers for not drafting him as the 2nd overall pick. Plenty of 2nd overall picks struggled in the NBA. In the last 10 years only Kevin Durant, Jabari Parker, and Michael Beasley's earlier season had a good NBA Career.
    you forgot Durant but remembered to mention Beasleys earlier season?

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

I forgot about him. It looks like Parker and Durant broke the curse.
    How many alts does it take to consistently rep yourself? With all the stupid shit you say there's no way that isn't fixed.

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

When he becomes a unrestricted free agent, he'll sign with the Lakers in 5 years.

Saw a basketball once

You even have your fellow Lebron stans shaking their heads at your stupidity.

Take the hint, Short Round.

Can you really blame the guy? Fkn pathetic organisation. Now his first 3 or 4 season will be wasted and probably benched so they continue to lose..

Relegate those bums to the dleague

Local High School Star

A lot of you guys aren't too bright for presuming he'll be gone in 4 years.

He'll be just fine provided the Sixers ensure him that he'll be the guy they build around moving forward. Up until now, the Sixers had NO ONE to build around (Noel is not a franchise player and Embiid may be Greg Oden 2.0), but now they likely do have a legit franchise caliber player and can put the breaks on with the tanking. Also, Philly is the 4th largest market in the US (only LA/NY/Chicago are larger) so there's really no need for him to desperately opt out if more exposure/endorsement potential is an issue. My guess is that after next year's draft (4 first round picks), people will be talking about the Sixers the same way people are now talking about Minnesota.

Stop being so impatient.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 06-28-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Embiid is a franchise player (if healthy)....hell he top 10 GOAT potential (if healthy)

Okafor is a poor defender, unathletic, short sized for a center, horrible free throw shooter....he isn't franchise material

Banned

Parker tore his ACL, I don't know if that's breaking the curse.

The only part of the Sixers rebuild that could be considered 'winning' is landing Embiid. And we don't even know if he'll get healthy.

MCW was a shitbag. Noel is a solid rim protector; not the starting C on a contender. Okafor will be a relative bust. They have three Centers. No marquee Free Agents will even consider going there for another half decade at least.

Come on. They play out East so they'll be a Playoff team soon enough, but this was hardly a revolutionary rebuild.

The only way to rebuild through the draft is to land a superstar. I think the Sixers have that with Embiid, but he does seem to have some slight mental issues and he might not even play next year.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 06-28-2015 at 09:51 AM.

NBA Legend

Aint no other cats got love for Sixers
    Aint no cats gon bust slugs for Sixers
    Aint no cats gon shed blood for Sixers
    But my dogs, is gon be a thug for Sixers

Embiid doesn't have mental issues....he's just a bit cocky.

Nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite

Nothing wrong with that
    If some of the stories aren't just one-offs, then the kid does have some mental issues to work through.

Being lazy and defying team instructions is not a good sign. He's a professional athlete, and he doesn't seem to go about things like one.

Like I said, he has undeniable talent though. I'm really rooting for the kid because there's nothing I enjoy more in basketball than dominant big men.

Local High School Star

Nothing wrong with that
    Nah, Embiid's problem (aside from the injury) is that he's not really a hard worker. Based upon what I've seen, he's too caught up in the whole celeb lifestyle, hitting chicks up on Twitter and Instagram, and "hitting up the club" and not 100% focused on rehabbing and transforming into a future all-star. I realize he's only 21, but his career will be over before it even begins if he doesn't overcome this foot issue.

While I won't deny that there is a legit problem with his foot, something tells me his lack of focus is probably playing a role. My guess is that he's been doing the bare minimum when it comes to rehabbing, proper diet, sleep/rest, etc. All of those things matter when attempting to come back from an injury, especially one that we now know is slow-healing (which could be slow-healing due to him doing the bare minimum instead of the maximum).
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 06-28-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Local High School Star

Embiid is a franchise player (if healthy)....hell he top 10 GOAT potential (if healthy)

Okafor is a poor defender, unathletic, short sized for a center, horrible free throw shooter....he isn't franchise material
    I disagree 100%. Okafor IS potentially a franchise caliber player. However, if he doesn't become a franchise caliber player, it'll be due to his poor conditioning. All the knocks against his game would likely be remedied if he simply dropped 15-20 pounds (from 270 to 250-255). By doing that, he would become much more agile, would run the floor better, be quicker (which would help on both offense and defense), would have more spring when jumping, and would destroy 95% of NBA centers down-low. How great he becomes hinges on his ability to get in shape and stay in shape. If he can't do that, he'll likely be Eddy Curry 2.0, but if he does do that, he'll be the next Tim Duncan.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 06-28-2015 at 10:26 AM.

that song