Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: ISH ~ Video Games Lounge

Super bummed that my HRAP 3 is not supported.

There's a converter out there but idk if it's worth it yet. I'll have to see if SFV and Tekken support it in their drivers but idk why the PS4 can't just support it outright (outside of trying to sell more sticks).If the PS4 version of SFIV doesn't support it I might have to get that converter.

Banned

Stopped playing MGS for a few months, but picked it up again today. I was around the Vulcan Raven freezer fight when I started, and ended up finishing it a few hours ago. Loved it. Can't wait to start Sons of Liberty.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Stopped playing MGS for a few months, but picked it up again today. I was around the Vulcan Raven freezer fight when I started, and ended up finishing it a few hours ago. Loved it. Can't wait to start Sons of Liberty.
    Interesting that you mention Metal Gear Solid. I picked up Metal Gear Revengence
    this week, and I gotta say that I was humbly surprised. I'm at about the halfway mark now and I can honestly say that this is the most viceral, hard boiled, "Manly-Man B-Movie" styled action game that I've played since Ninja Gaiden 3.

Imagine Ninja Gaiden combined with Robo Cop, with a dash of Strider in 3-D and you'd get this game. It even pays homage to the OG Metal Gear games with a few sneaking sections.

I'll admit I wasnt always a big fan of Raiden, but this game really fleshes out his character, demonstrating that all of the technology enhancements in the world can't stop the spirit of man from wanting to do the right thing when necessary.

I also realize that it wasn't so much Raiden who was a pain in the ass in MGS2, but actually his nagging ass girlfriend Rose, who seemed to get a kick out of constantly interrupting his mission at the worse time.

May come back and rate the game after I'm done.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Follow-up of this

Just finished Sons of Liberty a few hours ago. Blew my f*cking mind, and I'm still confused as shit. On to the next one

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Interesting that you mention Metal Gear Solid. I picked up Metal Gear Revengence
    this week, and I gotta say that I was humbly surprised. I'm at about the halfway mark now and I can honestly say that this is the most viceral, hard boiled, "Manly-Man B-Movie" styled action game that I've played since Ninja Gaiden 3.

Imagine Ninja Gaiden combined with Robo Cop, with a dash of Strider in 3-D and you'd get this game. It even pays homage to the OG Metal Gear games with a few sneaking sections.

I'll admit I wasnt always a big fan of Raiden, but this game really fleshes out his character, demonstrating that all of the technology enhancements in the world can't stop the spirit of man from wanting to do the right thing when necessary.

I also realize that it wasn't so much Raiden who was a pain in the ass in MGS2, but actually his nagging ass girlfriend Rose, who seemed to get a kick out of constantly interrupting his mission at the worse time.

May come back and rate the game after I'm done.

That ending was really strange. Why are Jack and Rose still together after she reveals herself as a Patriot? I thought she was AI too like the Colonel? Wtf. She even said she was an undercover spy for the two years they were together. Raiden exposed himself as just another whipping boy right then and there.

I might actually play Revengeance after I get through the MGS series, including the new one. With Kojima leaving Konami, I wouldn't be surprised if they made an MGR sequel before they went milking the main series. It could be set between the events of MGS 2 and MGS 4, like Kojima intended Revengeance to be before giving it up to another developer.
    Last edited by ImmortalNemesis; 07-27-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Played some zelda stuff this summer. Ocarina hasn't aged well. Majora and Link To The Past still rate as some of my favorite games ever played tho.

I'm currently playing through MGS2 for the first time in preparation for MGS V. It's pretty good for a 14 year old game

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    I actually don't mind Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I'm currently playing through MGS2 for the first time in preparation for MGS V. It's pretty good for a 14 year old game
    You're finally actually playing them!

Did you play MGS 1?

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    You're finally actually playing them!

Did you play MGS 1?
    Nah. I bought the HD collection for the 360. I'm gonna play 2, 3, and then replay Ground Zeroes one more time.

I'm skipping Peace Walker though. Doesn't really interest me.

It kind of sucks that I already know the two major twists in MGS 2 (spoilers in white) [COLOR="White"]character swap and the colonel going crazy[/COLOR].

That shit must have been mind blowing back in the day.

I think everyone knew of Raiden, unless they got it on release

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Nah. I bought the HD collection for the 360. I'm gonna play 2, 3, and then replay Ground Zeroes one more time.

I'm skipping Peace Walker though. Doesn't really interest me.
    Oh ok. If you ever get the chance, play MGS 1. I love that game, even with its shitty ass graphics. But it might be hard to go back after already playing the rest.

Hell, if you have a backwards compatible Wii, you could play The Twin Snakes remake.

Finished MGS 2. The last few hours were so absurd Don't even know what to say about that. Loved the game though. I was having difficulty with the controls and camera early on, but I eventually adjusted. I beat it on hard (game over if detected). Two hardest parts for me were the Vamp fight and the second to last boss where you fight all of those metal gears.

Played MGS 3 for a little while too. It feels really modernized in comparison to 2 (free camera!). I can tell I'm gonna enjoy this.

Home of the 16

Lol, he's got a Big Boss avi now. ahaha dude's inlove with MGS :))