Default Re: Jimmer Fredette

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I'm dissapointed in Mark Jackson wtf kind of defense was in that video

Don't blame him, blame the players.

They know the rule...

HANDS DOWN. MAN DOWN.

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

I was really impressed by the way Jimmer handled the speed of the NBA game and, especially, the quick traps he received in the half court offense. The defense frequently rushed him quickly when he got the ball near the three point line and I thought he handled that pressure pretty well; he passed out of double teams effectively and was decisive in keeping the ball moving when the zone created shooters that were more open than he was.

A part of that was the preseason roster, no doubt, so it will be interesting to see if his performance in these areas translates to the regular season but I think so far the signs are encouraging that he will effectively be able to make good judgments regarding when to shoot and when to be patient.

Does anybody remember anthony roberson well jimmer is just a rich mans version of him. He will at most double robersons stat line through his entire short lived NBA career, unless he becomes the next nash but he doesn't make plays so forget that

Good High School Starter

I guess I shouldn't be surprised so many people are absolutely sure they know how things will pan out for this kid. What we know is that he's a great shooter, he's athletic and intelligent. Defense isn't going to be his specialty, but I'm not sure how anyone can claim he's the slowest ever or that he'll have a short NBA career. Maybe. Maybe not. Give the kid more than one preseason game - - a game I'm sure many of you didn't even watch.

Is Kirk Hinrich the only white guard who plays good defense (besides JJ Redick)?

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I'm dissapointed in Mark Jackson wtf kind of defense was in that video
    I watched the beginning of that game and the defense was pretty good at first. Everyone looked active, but I think they reverted back to the old ways by the 2nd half. Baby steps I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    I guess I shouldn't be surprised so many people are absolutely sure they know how things will pan out for this kid. What we know is that he's a great shooter, he's athletic and intelligent. Defense isn't going to be his specialty, but I'm not sure how anyone can claim he's the slowest ever or that he'll have a short NBA career. Maybe. Maybe not. Give the kid more than one preseason game - - a game I'm sure many of you didn't even watch.
    This. I thought he put up decent combine stats?

John Wall (considered a fast explosive player, right?) had slower agility and slightly better sprint stats compared to Jimmer according to this:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&pos=1&sort=15

I haven't watched much of Jimmer but he's been able to beat players off the dribble from the few games I've seen. He has decent to good speed. I think he will have a similar career to Mo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    This. I thought he put up decent combine stats?

John Wall (considered a fast explosive player, right?) had slower agility and slightly better sprint stats compared to Jimmer according to this:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&pos=1&sort=15

I haven't watched much of Jimmer but he's been able to beat players off the dribble from the few games I've seen. He has decent to good speed. I don't care what these analysts say when they compare him to steve Nash LOL, he game reminds me of Mo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Is Kirk Hinrich the only white guard who plays good defense (besides JJ Redick)?
    Andrew Bogut
    Mike Miller
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Chris Andersen?

He really didn't play too bad, but, 1, it was the Warriors, and 2, it was the Preseason.

This season will be his proving grounds, can't wait to see if he can adjust to the speed of the NBA in comparison to the weak-conferenced BYU squad he suited up with in the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Andrew Bogut
    Mike Miller
    Andrei Kirilenko
    Chris Andersen?
    He said Guard, you named one guard and 3 bigs. Lol

Hinrich's d >>>>>>> Redick's d

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    laff. positive and a negative for a black boy game?? mentally weak players, STUPID players, overpaid genetic lottery winners

While it is against the Warriors, who play terrible defense even in a regular season game that highlight video was impressive. I just thought about it a little more, Steve Kerr was useful in the NBA so why can't this guy be useful?

This league protects guards now even more than in the 90's. This kid can shoot off the dribble, a very useful skill.

Calder