Love Live Life

Default What adjustments do the Warriors need to make tonight? Is Kerr overrated?

You guys think they can win 3 straight? Is Kerr overrated? I kinda feel like he got lucky and landed in a great situation.

Local High School Star dabigbaws's Avatar

Default Re: What adjustments do the Warriors need to make tonight? Is Kerr overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    You guys think they can win 3 straight? Is Kerr overrated? I kinda feel like he got lucky and landed in a great situation.
    No, Yes.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: What adjustments do the Warriors need to make tonight? Is Kerr overrated?

the media will always protect one of their own.

Saw a basketball once

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]at this point the only thing that's going to save the warriors is good turnover free basketball. there are no adjustments kerr can make that wont be 1 upped by billy donovan[/COLOR]

- Curry & Green to finally step up in this series. They've been bad for almost the entire series, and they're the leaders of the team.
    - low TO rate
    - While they will get beat on rebounds, don't make the difference so big. Cut down OFF rebounds from OKC in particular.
    - Make some shots. OKC hasn't been some defensive juggernaut, tons of open looks missed have killed this team's rhythm or ability to get into rhythm.
    - No easy buckets. Not marking people or doubling at the wrong time.
    - Bogut to stay on for more than 10 minutes into the game, stop getting into stupid foul trouble.
    - Shouldn't be getting outworked or being less aggressive than OKC.

BELIEVE.

Curry needs to play Steve Nash ball. Start Speights. Bring Green off the bench

Very good NBA starter

Adjustment wise I can't think of anything that will stop OKC. It's just a bad match up.

They have 2 high usage players that don't really tire. Their PG can do what he's doing for a whole series and still be on the attack.

If Kerr starts Speights, than you will see Durant and Waiters attacking along with Westbrook. If you take Green out, they literally dont' know how to run their plays.

You honestly need Steph at 25-30PPG Klay at 20-25 with great defense, Iggy has to give you 15-17PPG with 6 and 6.

I don't expect Kerr to change what they do majorly. They are going to run and gun at home and will def get some calls. I'm pretty sure you will see foul trouble on OKC. Barbosa and Curry lineup to force turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Adjustment wise I can't think of anything that will stop OKC. It's just a bad match up.

They have 2 high usage players that don't really tire. Their PG can do what he's doing for a whole series and still be on the attack.

If Kerr starts Speights, than you will see Durant and Waiters attacking along with Westbrook. If you take Green out, they literally dont' know how to run their plays.

You honestly need Steph at 25-30PPG Klay at 20-25 with great defense, Iggy has to give you 15-17PPG with 6 and 6.

I don't expect Kerr to change what they do majorly. They are going to run and gun at home and will def get some calls. I'm pretty sure you will see foul trouble on OKC. Barbosa and Curry lineup to force turnovers.
    This was a bad match up before as well, the difference in all 3 games was Curry being a Supernova. The problem is he hasn't been great at all this series. On the contrary, he's been really poor by his standards while he had some of his best games of the year vs them. If he gets back to form and Green stops playing like feces matter, then it will be real close in game 6 presuming Warriors win tonight. Then, the minor details matter.

And starting Speighs is a terrible idea. Dude might be the worst defender in the entire league.

Donovan is tired of Kerr's ugly face and annoying personality. He's going to do the world a favor and crush him like a bug.

NBA rookie of the year

I don't see much adjustment that can be made unless Curry and Thompson's "Game of Horse" shots start miraculously going in again.

- Green has been the worst player on the court
    - Steph can't get free from Westbrook and help
    - Klay's game is largely dependent on the previous two guys creating space, so he hasn't had a ton of good looks
    - Bogut/Ezeli/Speights are playing worse than Adams/Ibaka
    - The loss of Alvin Gentry may be coming back to haunt them

Overall, OKC's length and size defensively has taken away GS's rhythm offensively, much like what happened to the Spurs. The size, length and athleticism of Westbrook/Roberson/Durant is giving GS's perimeter players fits. OKC's bigs are controlling the glass AND being productive on offense. The ball isn't moving, the Warriors are forcing bad passes, and they are settling for quick shots that are leading to easy transition offense for OKC.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

You mean like all coaches who have had championship success?

Quote Originally Posted by Terahite
    Donovan is tired of Kerr's ugly face and annoying personality. He's going to do the world a favor and crush him like a bug.

They need to get their hands in the passing lines in the paint.
    OKC make passes in the paint too easily.

Re: What adjustments do the Warriors need to make tonight?

+

=