Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Possible picks at #4

Please don't let okafor be available. The Winslow stuff is idiot guy stuff. The choices are mudiay/Russell leftover and then porzingis and then WCS.

Winslow would be nice If the Knicks had multiple picks like 6 and 7

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Please don't let okafor be available. The Winslow stuff is idiot guy stuff. The choices are mudiay/Russell leftover and then porzingis and then WCS.

Winslow would be nice If the Knicks had multiple picks like 6 and 7

Assuming the Knicks don't get another bonafide scorer in Free Agency, if you draft WCS, then who else but Melo shoots the ball?? I rather get a big man through Free Agency, and draft a guard or a guy like Winslow who plays on both sides of the ball pretty well.

However, based on your trade idea from the other thread, if we can get two picks like a 6th and 7th, then I would look at Winslow and WCS.

As a lifelong Duke fan, I saw every game Winslow played this year and he showed the most heart in the championship game. With the right system, this guy can be something special.

Don't get me wrong, I love winslows game, and think he would fit great between Calderon and Carmelo doing the dirty work. I just don't know if that's a luxery the Knicks can afford right now. WCS is the same- a perfect fit between Carmelo and bargnani, but not sure you could take either at 4. Trading down and ending up w 2 picks is prop a pipe dream. But if you could turn 4, thj, and even a future 1st into 6&7 it would be worth it.

Calderon
    Winslow
    Carmelo
    WCS
    Bargnani

Then you wouldn't be stuck being forces into buying any specific position and just be able to try to get a good contract/player.

If it's true that the top 4 are locked in as a tier then I would say that it's not a 4 player draft but an 8. WCS, Winslow, porzingis, and Mario I like all. I would love to end up w any 2 exept maybe Mario and Winslow because I don't want or think they'll move Carmelo to pf.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Could you imagine Russell in a Mudiay type of athletic body.

I wish we could mesh the two into a prospect.

Here's hoping we pick Russell

Don't get me wrong, I love winslows game, and think he would fit great between Calderon and Carmelo doing the dirty work. I just don't know if that's a luxery the Knicks can afford right now. WCS is the same- a perfect fit between Carmelo and bargnani, but not sure you could take either at 4. Trading down and ending up w 2 picks is prop a pipe dream. But if you could turn 4, thj, and even a future 1st into 6&7 it would be worth it.

Calderon
    Winslow
    Carmelo
    WCS
    Bargnani

Then you wouldn't be stuck being forces into buying any specific position and just be able to try to get a good contract/player.

If it's true that the top 4 are locked in as a tier then I would say that it's not a 4 player draft but an 8. WCS, Winslow, porzingis, and Mario I like all. I would love to end up w any 2 exept maybe Mario and Winslow because I don't want or think they'll move Carmelo to pf.
    Calderon hasn't played much less started for months and Bargnani isn't on the team anymore. Kind of makes your analysis moot.

There are 3 possible picks. Russell, porzingis, or WCS. May even get to pick between 2 of them. I think mudiay and Mario are the longshots

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Calderon hasn't played much less started for months and Bargnani isn't on the team anymore. Kind of makes your analysis moot.
    Bargnono not on team anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Bargnono not on team anymore?
    Well sure he is a free agent. But you don't let your second best player walk when he's about to be paid less and you are trying to get better.

Does anybody know if the cap space can be used and then bargnani re signed?

Well sure he is a free agent. But you don't let your second best player walk when he's about to be paid less and you are trying to get better.

Does anybody know if the cap space can be used and then bargnani re signed?
    If you want to be considered a serious poster around here, perhaps you would explain your attraction to said "2nd best player". What exactly has this player done for the franchise at all, besides missing games and defensive assignments?

Here is an opportunity for you to display your NBA mindset. What is the attraction?

we had bargs for 2 years now, and both times lead to one of our worst seasons...what do you think will happen differently if he stays for another few?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Porzingas and WCS stocks rising. Choice might be between Russell and WCS at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by redrich2000
    Porzingas and WCS stocks rising. Choice might be between Russell and WCS at 4.
    As long as the pick is Russell, porzingis, or WCS it's a great draft.

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    If you want to be considered a serious poster around here, perhaps you would explain your attraction to said "2nd best player". What exactly has this player done for the franchise at all, besides missing games and defensive assignments?

Here is an opportunity for you to display your NBA mindset. What is the attraction?
    First off the guy has a ton of talent. And the talent fits perfectly with Carmelo

I believe a championship team can be built around Carmelo, but that Carmelo is not today's prototype sf. I believe he is a unique talent and more difficult to build around than the perimeter 3's that most teams use. I think as a perimeter 3 Carmelo is an all star but used as a power 3 he is a superstar.

To use Carmelo in a power 3 role it will take bigs that can fill into some roles traditionally thought of as wing roles.

I don't think you use bargnani as a guy to just stand at the 3 point line but that he has to be covered 15-18 all the way out to the 3 point line- spacing the floor and allowing Carmelo to play closer to the basket.

If Carmelo starts the majority of his possessions off of an entry pass 15 feet and in he becomes a threat to score or pass. Starting most of his possessions from the 3 point line off the dribble he becomes an ISO scorer only.

I like bargnani because he is talented and meshes w Carmelo's strengths perfectly. We just haven't seen it because of both guys inability to stay healthy the last 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    we had bargs for 2 years now, and both times lead to one of our worst seasons...what do you think will happen differently if he stays for another few?
    I think that the chances are that he will be healthier.

To think bargnani came in and ruined something that was going to work is a joke. He has definitly been terrible at staying healthy, but he is still talented enough that he is clearly the teams 2nd best player, and if you get a pick and a couple free agents with top end talent you have a really talented team.