Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why did the Bulls pass up SGs? Are they stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    The weakest or 2nd weakest position in the NBA right now is either the SF or SG....

not much talent to choose from to get legit strokers.

I think for the future your going to see a lot more Euro's coming into the league as SG's , because it is a weakness in the league.

Didn't the Bulls pick before the Celtic's marshon Brooks would of been a big help for the Bulls scoring.

If you don't think there is a need for stokers , look at yesterday :
    Mav's get Fernandez , Kings get Salmons , Bucks get JAx
    Portland got rid off Fernandez, Milwaukee did away with Salmons, Charlotte sent JAX home packing.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
    naturally, i would agree with you. but because of boozer, we really can't afford that luxury. you can get away with 1 player being defensively inept, but 2? even thibs ain't that good enough.
    The only way to make it up is to make sure you get a good scorer. or thibs will have to find a scheme that patches the bleeding. You can't have it all. You either remain the way you are right now or make bold moves and find fixes for the flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    The only way to make it up is to make sure you get a good scorer. or thibs will have to find a scheme that patches the bleeding. You can't have it all. You either remain the way you are right now or make bold moves and find fixes for the flaws.
    Says a Heat fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    I actually liked that move. No one in this draft was going to help us immediately anyway. So why not make a long-term (possible high pay-off) investment while keeping that draft pick off the books this year when we need every single dollar to sign or trade for someone good.
    Oh I love the move based on what I've read about him. A sure lottery pick even top 5-8 talent if he wasnt under other contractual obligations. I just don't want them to settle.

We're done growing. It's time to win.
    Marshon Brooks doesnt needs years to give Chicago help. He'll do it day 1.

like who, brooks? gtfoh wit dat pb & j bullsh!t, zon. the kid spent no ounce of energy of the defensive end. it's bad enough we got boozer to make up for, but putting that kid would've taken us away from our identity; which is defense. the answer was never in the draft... gar will take us home.
    And the star player of your team plays no defense. And your best defensive guard rarely plays 20mins. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Marshon Brooks doesnt needs years to give Chicago help. He'll do it day 1.
    is that why he fell to the 25th?

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Says a Heat fan.

We still didnt have PG/center and bench though.

is that why he fell to the 25th?
    Plenty of good players fell in drafts. If Marshon Brooks went top 10 then your reply to me would be "Bulls couldnt move up that high without sacrificing valuable pieces. Not worth it".

And I like how you bash his defense when it wasnt defense that had the Bulls not advancing last series. I'll let you figure that one out. And what established, veteran SG are you lookin at? Be careful, I hope they play defense.

*cough*Jr Smith*cough*, *cough*J-Richardson*cough*

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Portland got rid off Fernandez, Milwaukee did away with Salmons, Charlotte sent JAX home packing.
    great post - sounds like they left the NBA

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure that was just a shuffling of shitty contracts.
    (ignore the rudy fernandez trade that was brilliant)
    Except Sactown bent over and took it in the ass for no apparent reason.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    There might not be superstar SG's coming up but there are alot of young SG's coming up, Nick young,marcus thornton,monta ellis,eric gordon,derozan,xavier henry, just to name a few. I don't think a Superstar SG with ginobli talent from europe will be coming over, i doubt if one exists either..

This post appears to agree with me then ,, there is a lack of shooters at the 2 spot.
    Bulls could of swung a deal with the Warriors to get a shooter , and moved sthere draft pick and future draft picks , if they thought there time to win was this up coming season.

The league saw what the Bulls are doing now , and will adjust. Needless to say Rose was acting less as PG and more of a scoring threat Option1 and option 2-4 was getting his teamates involved , all based on a NON-SG.

I just gave you a different angle to prove that those moves could also suggest that there in an excessive supply in SG position.

^^^ Rose got your answer.
    Last edited by pegasus; 06-24-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Plenty of good players fell in drafts. If Marshon Brooks went top 10 then your reply to me would be "Bulls couldnt move up that high without sacrificing valuable pieces. Not worth it".

And I like how you bash his defense when it wasnt defense that had the Bulls not advancing last series. I'll let you figure that one out. And what established, veteran SG are you lookin at? Be careful, I hope they play defense.

*cough*Jr Smith*cough*, *cough*J-Richardson*cough*

see, im glad you brought that up. because in the first 2 losses against the heat, thibs subbed korver in for the nearly the whole fourth to provide offense. seeing as korver couldn't hit jack (and obviously can't play no d), miami exposed us with the pnr [on korver] and we got our ass handed. now in both games 4 and 5 (no asik), he left brewer in for the majority of the 4th, which gave us an advantage because we led most of that quarter and could have won those games if it weren't for rose choking.

you see, it ain't as simple as it may seem. and yes, id take both jr and jrich before an unproven prospect any day of the week.
    Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz; 06-24-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

This drafting for need thing is getting out of hand.

Unless that kid is a real star, there is no way he can step in immediately and fulfill your needs anyway. It will take him a few years to develop.

Even if the player is a real star, chances are your current first teamer is still better for now. Hinrich still started ahead of Rose, Kobe rode the bench, Lebron was playing pg. It took a year or two before these guys took over.