Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Drummond Working On Defense

Well, no one is a contender outside of GSW and Cavs, let's be honest -

Really what is the point in having a "borderline contender" for the next 2-3 years whilst these "super teams" are in place.

We are better building momentum and booming into contention in 2-3 years time when all of our young pieces are entering their mid 20's / prime.

In my opinion we just really need to focus on building a culture here that players want to be a part of, and want to forge something together, rather than skip out to free agency. Easier said than done but I have ultimate faith in SVG, and I get a feel that Dre / KCP / Stanley are all locked in as true blue collar Piston players.

We shall see...

NBA lottery pick

San Antonio has the best front line in the league. LMA, Gasol, Leonard. I consider them contenders. They have the only chance of beating Golden State. One thing people haven't talked about is David West actually went to GS too. That really helped their front line.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

David West would be one of the absolute best players to be a 0 minute per game player.

What I mean, is that he would be one of the very best locker room leaders, motivators, mentors and overall positive influence on a team without having to step foot on the court.

Anything he gives on the court is a bonus, and he is still ultra handy as a backup big man.

It will be easy for this GSW team to become "bored" or "content" with how good they will likely be, but West will be able to keep them hungry and in check,

Great under rated signing

And also agree with comment about Spurs,

NBA lottery pick

I actually think West will get more minutes with the GSW. They're going to go up big, rest their stars more this season, and let the bench guys finish up things.