Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron responds to Perkins 'rip' and talks about Larry's statements on the BS report

LeBron fans are as dumb as their idol. Perkins isn't mad that LeBron commented on the dunk. Perkins is annoyed at LeBron trying to insert himself in everything other people do.

- Dwight is shinning at the dunk contest... LeBron tries to steal the spotlight and say he will participate next year.
    - Griffin makes an awesome dunk... LeBron has to remind people that he also had an awesome dunk.

LeBron: “Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I’m No. 2 now."
    Yeah yeah.. you were no. 1.. blah blah blah.

He just can't let other people shine without trying to prop himself. Just look at all the other players tweeting about that dunk. They're about the dunk and not about themselves. That's why Perkins has no problem with the other tweets.

Perkins: “They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2. I just feel [James] is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him.”
    Last edited by Phong; 02-09-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Lebron responds to Perkins 'rip' and talks about Larry's statements on the BS report

One thing I learned about LeBron and the media:

No one will like him until he starts winning rings. He just has to shut up and not talk until then. It's a shame because I enjoy his tweets and I personally get where he's coming from 100%:

What the **** is Perkins mad about? Nobody called him out. No-one. It was a nasty dunk by Blake which just so happened to be on Perkins. The athleticism of the dunk and the fact that he bodied up with a defensive minded old-school center like Perkins made it NASTIER, but not in a way that disrespects Perkins.

Perkins is a thin skinned dipshit. He is so insecure.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    uh oh... heavincent and pegasus in the house... what would a lebron thread be without these vermins
    Same goes for you?

Serious playground baller kingBynum's Avatar

Crazy NBA schedule.

Lebron's Fault

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    You really read all of that into what you admitted was a "somewhat normal phrase"?
    TBH, I believe things don't usually happen on accident. They are either consciously or subconsciously done. If he always says "my" fans when referring to the fans he has at least separated himself and the people who he considers fans from the rest of the world. And in this context, it's pretty obvious he's making this a LeBron moment when, as said, it wasn't; by saying my fans he has furthered this.

Check out my awesome diagram.

The dunk: Perkins ----- Blake
    LeBron's comment: Perkins---LeBron---Blake
    Then LeBron's reply: (Player x)---LeBron+his fans--- (Player Y)

Although it was more apparent that he was removing Perkins. I think that he only removed Blake in the end to try to rationalize it.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    It's actually Tracy Mcgrady's fault
    LOL I was just about to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    That's why I loved Shaq. If you went up to try to posterize Shaq he'd kill you. And that's how it should be. People need to learn how to foul correctly.

The truth of the matter is Griffin is just a bigger beast than LeBron when it comes to going at the rim. Perk underestimated the force he was coming with. I don't think LeBron would ever get a chance to do that to Perk without getting laid out, but we'll see.

-Smak
    Yeah, it would be interesting to see prime Shaq play today.

At least he responded classy. Not the milk in the store part, but about Perk. Thanks, Bron, OK.

@ how self absorbed this guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Yeah, it would be interesting to see prime Shaq play today.
    Considering the (lack of) competition he had at the spot 10 years ago, it's almost illegal how much he'd dominate today.

I mean, this is 38 year old Shaq on Howard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqiMlFumjk

3peat Shaq would annihilate today's centers.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 02-09-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Lebron was better off just saying he doesnt feel the need to apologize, what he did was connecting with fans. The stuff after that is

He should have said "I do exactly what Perkins teammate does, but he has no issue with him. ".

One thing Perk and Bron need to do now? STFU

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    He is basically saying that Bird's choice was made based on the ring count, not skills and talent, without realizing that the ring count is correlated with skills and talent (physical, mental, basketball skills, everything).

I wanted to say this exact thing, but I just decided to leave it be. I had a feeling some LeBron dick rider would come in and say, "You better stop before I throw nasty insults at you."

#HEATNATION

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Lebron is just like any other young "star" who gets a whole lot of money at a young age. They surround themselves with "yes" men when are at their beck and call 24/7/365. These guys are pretty much robots who do and say whatever they star tells them to do. Nowhere in that circle is somebody mature enough to say "hey, you really need to just shut the **** up." So, what you end up getting is an egotistical a**hole, who thinks the world revolves around them, and that they can do no wrong.

Lebron fans are as spineless as the people around him. And instead of owning up to the fact that he sometimes says and does ret**ded sh*t, they come up with hilariously stupid excuses to bail him out like the mindless sheep that they are. This is the real reason why he went to Miami, to further his brand. Now he's feeling the pressure of bailing on Cleveland, he tries to make it look like he's done nothing wrong and people hate him just because. This is no different from the ret**ded sh*t he said after last year's Finals. This dude's ego is so huge, it's pathetic.
    Inb4 pauk starts .

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar

I wanted to say this exact thing, but I just decided to leave it be. I had a feeling some LeBron dick rider would come in and say, "You better stop before I throw nasty insults at you."

He probably will later when he gets home from school

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    He got interviewed, they ask questions, he has to answer.... if he still doesnt answer, then he will look arrogant for not answering them... Then YOU will make a thread about how arrogant he is for avoiding the media...
    rofl...Pauk, when have I ever made a thread about lebron?
    I was just saying they both need to shut up and stop crying over a throw it in slam.