Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Better finishers on the fast break--MJ & Pip or Bron & Wade?

Which duo is more than likely to score on a 2-on-1 or 2-on-2 fast break?

Banned

Default Re: Better finishers on the fast break--MJ & Pip or Bron & Wade?

According to Madonna

1a Pippen

1b LeBron

3. Wade

4. jordan

I'm pretty sure you've already made this thread before.
    If you don't have a topic, just don't fkn post.

Lebron and Wade tho. Wade is a great slasher and prime Lebron is arguably the GOAT one man fast break scorer.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I would assume Wade and LBJ. LBJ might be the GOAT finisher, and Wade is up there too. Especially in 2013. They were so in sync at that time. When Wade was healthy, they were dangerous. They both shot above 70% at the rim that year. Most of that stuff is fastbreaks/cherry picking. But if you get them running, then there was no stopping them. Like seriously.

We don't have the stats for Pippen and MJ. They were great as well from the games that I seen, but I dunno if they were better than LBJ and Wade. But this is eye test talking. They might've been just as good or better in the regular season.

But anyway, 2013 Wade and LBJ was the best in the open court or in 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 situations to me. Unstoppable when Wade was healthy. I think both LBJ and Wade shot 60% for an entire month. Most of that stuff was fastbreaks or and cherry picking. Amazing.

We talking 2010-2014 Wade?
    Pippen and MJ. They were just too dominant in the open court and it's backed by the fact that 6/6 is > 2/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Pippen and MJ. They were just too dominant in the open court and it's backed by the fact that 6/6 is > 2/4.
    Yeah, my guess is we're talking about the years that Wade and Lebron, ya know, like, played together. Just an assumption.

As great as MJ and Pippen were, 2011-2013 Wade and Lebron is the most deadly fast break duo ever. Along with being explosive in the open court and amazing finishers individually, their chemistry and passing was just unreal. They were 100% in tune with each other. That is what sets them apart imo. They routinely made lob connections that are normally reserved for all-star games. Playground stuff, and they made it look easy. As another poster alluded to, their chemistry peaked during the win streak in 2013. They made more fast break lob connections during that stretch than most duos make in a career. It was a thing of beauty.

National High School Star

Lebron/Wade - better fastbreak finishers

MJ/Pip - best half/full court pressers

Not airballing my layups anymore

As a Heat fan, I can't wait for the All Star Game. I'm sure we'll see a couple of plays

Quote Originally Posted by robby712
    As a Heat fan, I can't wait for the All Star Game. I'm sure we'll see a couple of plays
    Even though it's only an exhibition it will be fun to see them playing together again. I bet the chemistry is still there. We'll also probably see Bosh on the court with them at some point for a Heatles reunion.

This one goes to Lebron and Wade.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball - in halfcourt, or transition.

MJ/Pippen played FAR better together - it's not even close.. Their goat chemistry resulted in 6/6, and they didn't have a 3rd option like 10-time all-star Chris Bosh.. Without this kind of supporting talent, their games had to foster far superior chemistry to yield the same production from lesser-talented teammates.

In contrast to MJ/Pippen's goat chemistry, it's a well-documented, statistical fact that the Heat were a worse team when Lebron and Wade were on the court together, rather than just one of them.

You guys should go back and watch some MJ/Pippen footage to refresh your memory - and if you do, understand you're watching THE difference between 2/4 and 6/6 - I hope you can see it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOsRrvpnGc&t=1m10s
    Last edited by 3ball; 02-05-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball.

MJ/Pippen played FAR better together - it's not even close.. Their goat chemistry resulted in 6/6, and they didn't have a 3rd option like 10-time all-star Chris Bosh.. Without this kind of supporting talent, their games had to foster far superior chemistry to yield the same production from lesser-talented teammates.

In contrast to MJ/Pippen's goat chemistry, it's a well-documented, statistical fact that the Heat were a worse team when Lebron and Wade were on the court together, rather than just one of them.

You guys should go back and watch some MJ/Pippen footage to refresh your memory - and if you do, understand you're watching THE difference between 2/4 and 6/6 - I hope you can see it:

What does any of that have to do with the topic? Their finals record, Chris Bosh, etc..... is completely irrelevant to this thread. This thread is about fast breaks and you didn't mention it once in your post.

And btw, your comment about the Heat being better with only one of Wade or Lebron on the court is patently false and a flat out lie. There were some exceptions, but the Heat played their best basketball (the streak is one example) when both were on the court. Their defense in particular was MUCH better. Stop making shit up.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 02-05-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quite obviously Wade and LeBron. Didn't the dumbass OP make a similar thread earlier?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    This - the combination of Lebron/Wade doesn't compare to MJ/Pippen on either side of the ball - in halfcourt, or transition.

I like you defending Pippen and stanning for MJ/Pip both equally rather than just MJ. I know this won't last, but I'd just like share this moment in time forever.