Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default June 25th 1995: Michael Jordan recruits power forward Jayson Williams to the Bulls

Source

Read the story and then we can discuss...
    My question for y'all isn't what you call TAMPERING?

GOT EM!

Banned

Default Re: June 25th 1995: Michael Jordan recruits power forward Jayson Williams to the Bulls

Michael was never reluctant to find more help...

Default Re: June 25th 1995: Michael Jordan recruits power forward Jayson Williams to the Bulls

oh jeez, mike

At least Williams thinks the Bulls want him after getting a long sales pitch from Michael Jordan in New York last week.

"He told me all he needs is for me to rebound and he'll get me two or three rings," said Williams, who averaged 4.6 points and 3.8 rebounds last season. "He was all over me. He said I was at the top of list. He said, `I had to come all the way to your neighborhood to find you.' "

What a powerhouse. MJ was really trying to stack the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    What a powerhouse. MJ was really trying to stack the deck.
    I wasn't going to point that out, but yeah, there's a difference between trying to recruit a role player and trying to stack the deck with possible MVP candidates. But technically Jordan did recruit. So there you go.

And Jayson Williams is a bit a jokester, exaggerator. What Jordan said was probably more innocent, social pleasantries, quick comment about maybe he should play with them, and Jayson Williams probably exaggerated the hell out of it.

Jayson Williams the future all star

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Jayson Williams the future all star
    He added a deadly shot late in his career

"He told me all he needs is for me to rebound and he'll get me two or three rings," said Williams, who averaged 4.6 points and 3.8 rebounds last season. "He was all over me. He said I was at the top of list. He said, `I had to come all the way to your neighborhood to find you.' "

Jordan met with Williams in a Greenwich Village night club. In fact, he even waited almost an hour to make his pitch after hearing Williams would stop in later that evening.

Omg not Jayson Williams!

This is an outrage!!!

Michael "GOAT" Jordan, ladies and gentlemen: Not a competitive bone in this phaggit's body
    But Jordan went one step too far that first season. He was angry over the Bulls’ slow start and had already gone to Jerry Krause during the Western trip in November to ask that he make some trades.

“I need help,” he told Krause. Krause explained the Bulls had salary cap problems, which Jordan neither understood nor cared to hear about.
    Jordan “lobbied extensively during the 1988-89 season for a trade that would bring New Jersey’s Buck Williams to the Bulls. Jordan didn’t particularly care for Horace Grant, Krause’s other pick in the 1987 Draft, never believing Grant would develop into a responsible player, and lobbied hard for Williams.”
    After learning that NBA veteran and former North Carolina Tar Heel Walter Davis had been traded to Portland and not the Bulls, Jordan responded before a game against the Nets. “As soon as we get back, I’m calling (Jerry) Reinsdorf. Krause has messed everything up again.
    “I figured I’d try to put the pressure on him to do something about Krause,” Jordan said about his first volley of remarks after the team returned from New Jersey in late January. His eyes were hard and cold as he spoke. “This thing isn’t over. I’m gonna get that guy fired yet. ”

His own fans wanting his ass to be traded:
    “Yes – if they trade Michael Jordan for Larry Bird straight up. Then the Bulls would have a team player who could lead them to the championship.”

– Phil Simpson of Chicago, Chicago Sun-Times, November 12, 1987
    Last edited by FKAri; 05-25-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Michael "GOAT" Jordan, ladies and gentlemen: Not a competitive bone in this phaggit's body

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Sounds like MJ molded that bulls team, not Krause...

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Sounds like MJ molded that bulls team, not Krause...
    nah actually sounds like he bitched and moaned for guys he didn't get because Krause gave no ****s.

How the fvck do you lose in the finals 6 times when you had MJ laying the blueprint for you on how to recruit players many years before?

Another failure for the lebron fam.

All that sounds normal, typical for any NBA star who is unhappy with how management are running things. What people are complaining in terms of Lebron is the active, yearly recruiting of superstars, MVP candidates, and future hall of famers.

Jordan would never want to recruit Ewing, Bird, Magic, Shaq, because he wants to beat them. Not stack the deck while softening the competition and possible treats.

Doing that is embarrassing. Begging to be saved.