Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #46
theinfamousmobb
I rule the local playground

Still dont like Arenas, dont think I ever will, and next person to use the word "quirky" should be shot in thier kneecap.
theinfamousmobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #47
Lakerz_Forever
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
You are both right.

dude, we have like the same name. sweet.
Lakerz_Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #48
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
Still dont like Arenas, dont think I ever will, and next person to use the word "quirky" should be shot in thier kneecap.

Good thing you said "next" and not "last".
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #49
JtotheIzzo
NBA Superstar

Kobe fans are to Gilbert Arenas what Knoe is to Kobe
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:45 PM   #50
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Kobe says (paraphrasing) "There's nothing you can really do when a guy is getting to the line line that and hitting everything, even bad shots, when he's not on the line. Heck of a performance by Arenas tonight. I'll be ready for him next time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe on Gilbert
You tip your hat and say, 'See you next time.' First of all, he shot 27 free throws. We as a team shot 30. Think about that.

But him individually, it's funny. He doesn't seem to have much of a conscience. I really don't think he does. Some of the shots he took tonight, you miss those, and they're just terrible shots. Awful. You make them and they're unbelievable shots. I don't get a chance to play him much, so I haven't gotten used to that mentality of just chucking it up there. He made some big ones, but I'll be ready next time.

Seems like taking shots to me. The parts I bolded specifically. Kobe talking about "not being used to the mentality of just chucking it up there"? How much of a hypocrit can you be? Kobe's my favourite player, and even I realize that his shot selection last year left A LOT to be desired.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:03 AM   #51
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
he actually has some identity to me now, before it was just "that guy that gets 30pppg and does nothing else" now he's gotta a little flavor to him.

I was going to say the same thing.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:23 AM   #52
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Who does Kobe guard regularly that has no problem throwing up 26 footers with 18+ seconds on the shot clock?

You guys are seriously trying to make it a disrespect thing when it's really not.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:34 AM   #53
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like Gilbo does that every single play. And Kobe did the same thing last year, while taking 27 shots per game. I'm sure somewhere in those 2100 shot attempts, there were plenty of 3's early in the shotclock. And while Kobe shot 35% on those 3's last year (he took over 6 per game) Gilbert is shooting a comfortable 40% on 8 attempts per game.

All I'm saying is that Kobe comes across as a hypocrite in that quote, due to the fact that he "chucked" last year just as much as anyone in history.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:22 AM   #54
shadow
Laker fan here

kobe was a ***** for making those comments, and now he's back peddling and praising gilbo. He should just man up and apologize. But on the same token Gilbo is certainly not coming across as humble or anything about it. Guys being arrogant as hell.
So what does all this mean.
It means the next time Lakers play the Wiz, its gonna be fun :)
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:36 AM   #55
Loki
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not sure what you're trying to say. It's not like Gilbo does that every single play. And Kobe did the same thing last year, while taking 27 shots per game. I'm sure somewhere in those 2100 shot attempts, there were plenty of 3's early in the shotclock. And while Kobe shot 35% on those 3's last year (he took over 6 per game) Gilbert is shooting a comfortable 40% on 8 attempts per game.

All I'm saying is that Kobe comes across as a hypocrite in that quote, due to the fact that he "chucked" last year just as much as anyone in history.

Exactly. A Kobe fan who gets it.

Also, the full Kobe quote contains a part where he said that "[Gilbert] was chucking out there." And another part whining about his FT attempts. He's a hypocrite on both counts considering his own history.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 01:55 AM   #56
ronron15
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default re

never imagined it'll become a Kobe vs Arenas thing now

two years ago, this wouldnt be an arguement
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 03:30 AM   #57
KGBigTicket21MVP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
kobe was a ***** for making those comments, and now he's back peddling and praising gilbo. He should just man up and apologize. But on the same token Gilbo is certainly not coming across as humble or anything about it. Guys being arrogant as hell.
So what does all this mean.
It means the next time Lakers play the Wiz, its gonna be fun :)
He already did apologize. He said it on Quite Frankly.
KGBigTicket21MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:13 AM   #58
indy
Learning to shoot layups

Kobe's response must be the best thing happen to him .
He is an attention whore!!
Wade on him:
Quote:
To the Heat guard, his approach simply doesn't lend itself to those types of high-scoring games.

''To me, I never really try to score that many points,'' Wade said. ``I try to go out there and score what my team needs. I never get satisfaction out of trying to go for 50 when I have 40. I never try to go and take the next 10 shots. That's just not my makeup as a player. Certain players, that's just them. [Washington's] Gilbert Arenas is like that. If he gets 40, he's going for 50. If he gets 50, he's going for 60. Certain players are like that.

'I think I've been in games and I've been in position that I've been on pace for it, but I look up and I say, `OK, now that all the attention is on me, now I can get three or four assists in there.' Then I can work on the triple-double, more than working on getting 50.''
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:20 AM   #59
hotsizzle
Superstar

^you got the full article or the link to that?

arenas is being hated on...this is a bunch of bs. once the dude starts dominating, you have kobe on him, now wade...wonder who else? as much as i love hearing arenas' showcase his attitude, I dont think it would be good for him seeing that alot of players could feel the same way

Last edited by hotsizzle : 12-25-2006 at 05:23 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #60
Heretik32
Myrrh

That does it, I'm getting me an Arenas jersey now. Gilbert just flat out rocks
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: