Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Karl Anthony Towns how good will he become

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Have you watched him? what isnt nba ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47ZONTA_SE
    Great post. That dunk he had was sick.

People perceive KAT as being raw or whatever, sort of correctly, because of Kentucky. It's clear as day that Calipari misused KAT as he had so much more to offer. KAT is going to be such a stud

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    he's one of the most refined talents we have seen in years

if he has problems over his career, safe to say they will be strictly physical. he's already slow and plodding and he's only entering his first nba season. if he doesn't exert the effort to keep his weight down, he could turn into a somewhat lazy ultra talented 2nd/3rd option. like obviously better than zach randolph but closer to that level than charles barkley. worst case scenario he can be a really effective high post player... if an offense can revolve around joachim noah in the high post, it can revolve around towns doing similar things.

we'll see if his attitude is right over the next few seasons. one thing is for sure though, that he'll have no excuse for talent going forward. minny has accomplished one of the most successful rebuilds probably ever. i still can't get over the highway robbery of that kevin love trade... and i'm higher on love than most of this board.
    Towns is far from slow and plodding.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Towns is far from slow and plodding.
    that's an exaggeration but he's got heavy feet

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Great comments an I agree. KAT has the tools. It is just a matter of time in the gym and learning from peers. He is surrounded by KG, Dre, and Prince. Great cast of mentors.
    The guy almost looks like he has no weaknesses. It's a bit uncanny how such a young guy can do everything expected from a low post player. Now obviously he's not actually highly proficient in any of those areas yet, but he seems like he can counter anything the defense gives him. Really excited about his potential.

He reminds me of Bynum the way he posts and moves in the post... but he can run the floor very well and can get off it well to. i don't see how he doesn't develop into an all star.

all-star

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Nbadraft.net compared him to Andrew Bogut/Vlade Divac. I think the Al Horford comparison is on point.
    I see him as a hybrid of Vlade and Arvydas Sabonis if he can maximize his talents. I saw a LOT of Arvydas Sabonis last year at Kentucky. He's a bit smaller than Sabonis so we'll see how close he comes, but he's got the tools. He needs to work on his passing game a bit and add a few more feet to his range, but that's what I"m seeing.

Barring injury he should at least be an all-star and a top 5 center for at least one or two years in his career.

But he can be even more than that and become a perennial all-star, or even the best center in the league (/ second best PF after AD depending on where he settles).

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

I didn't think Wiggins would average more than 13-14 ppg and he proved me wrong. KAT will probably as well. KAT will struggle more as a rookie than Wiggins though. He's a little more raw as a big.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    Barring injury he should at least be an all-star and a top 5 center for at least one or two years in his career.

But he can be even more than that and become a perennial all-star, or even the best center in the league (/ second best PF after AD depending on where he settles).
    Yep KAT is no AD but he could be a tier below.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I didn't think Wiggins would average more than 13-14 ppg and he proved me wrong. KAT will probably as well. KAT will struggle more as a rookie than Wiggins though. He's a little more raw as a big.
    Defensively wiggins was pretty nba read, but his offensive game was extremely raw.

KAT is ready for the nba. He's got a reliable jumper. A good hook shot. A few low post moves. An nba body and his hands a pretty solid. Defensively he's going to be very good very soon (I don't think he'll be a foul prone rookie but if he'll end up with a huge flaw I could see that being one just because so many rookies struggle there).

Given the team he's going to be on and if rubio is there to get him the ball, he could very easily be a 20 point a game guy as a rookie. Now again a big part of that is how bad this team is.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    that's an exaggeration but he's got heavy feet
    https://youtu.be/ttqVfr9XId4?t=1m11s

Decent playground baller

He has a chance to be top 10 all time.

Jermaine O'Neal.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn