Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Karl Anthony Towns how good will he become

He seems to be a natural in the Post even through he just started to post up last year and he has a great work ethic.

Default Re: Karl Anthony Towns how good will he become

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    He seems to be a natural in the Post even through he just started to post up last year and he has a great work ethic.
    maybe be another amare?

Was just thinking about this after the Twolves game. He looks like he has all the tools to be a franchise level player. He's got defense, low post touch, midrange jumpers, and athleticism. He might be the Twolves best player by next year if Wiggins doesn't make a jump.

rank sentamentalist

kobe/shaq + stock/malone = wiggins/towns

I too see Malone

Hes really young and already has the strength and look of an nba vet

Hes going to be one of the biggest players physcially in a couple years, like Aaron Gordon

Decent college freshman

Rich Man's Al Horford. Will be at least solid in nearly every facet on both ends. I think he can be your best player on a contender, even if he's not the most "dynamic" guy on your squad. By that I mean he's gonna be up consistently great stats, instead of "spikes" in production.

These comparisons... Duncan/Horford is a good one.

Amare? Shaq?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Was just thinking about this after the Twolves game. He looks like he has all the tools to be a franchise level player. He's got defense, low post touch, midrange jumpers, and athleticism. He might be the Twolves best player by next year if Wiggins doesn't make a jump.
    I honestly think the T-Wolves may have hit the jackpot- they have an excellent 1-2 punch with these two guys. I expect both to be at least top 15 level guys, with their peaks coinciding. That's just scary for the rest of the league.

Whatever they get from Rubio, Lavine, Shabazz, Dieng, Payne, Bjelica, etc. is gravy. Although I would expcect Bjelica to be too old to be a big contributor (or on a different squad) once Wiggins/Towns really ascend.

Serious playground baller

I disagree with post above. I see his game needing more polishing and not quite NBA ready. He could be very productive in a couple years but for now he is just a nice option to have without much impact. I consider his immediate ceiling to be higher than the effect MKG had but his overall ceiling to be similar to Willie Cauley Stein another 7 footer in the draft. There I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Baller
    I disagree with post above. I see his game needing more polishing and not quite NBA ready. He could be very productive in a couple years but for now he is just a nice option to have without much impact. I consider his immediate ceiling to be higher than the effect MKG had but his overall ceiling to be similar to Willie Cauley Stein another 7 footer in the draft. There I said it.

Have you watched him? what isnt nba ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47ZONTA_SE
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-24-2015 at 03:06 PM.

Very good NBA starter

He isn't nba ready?

Decent college freshman

You don't think in ~5 years that the Wiggins/Towns combo will be foundational/franchise-leading?

I'm not saying these guys are currently a deadly, two-way 1-2 punch, but they'll get there. As far as "potential" goes, the T-Wolves have the best two building blocks in the entire league imo.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    You don't think in ~5 years that the Wiggins/Towns combo will be foundational/franchise-leading?

I'm not saying these guys are currently a deadly, two-way 1-2 punch, but they'll get there. As far as "potential" goes, the T-Wolves have the best two building blocks in the entire league imo.

Yeah agree thats what I'm saying. Okay yeah in 5 years he could be the starting Center they need. Still needs work with his post up game but has nice put backs. I was a little harsh saying his ceiling was only WCS. But I just don't see him as a big game changer and the way the wolves are constructed right now I'm guessing they aren't playoff bound.

Decent college freshman

Yeah agree thats what I'm saying. Okay yeah in 5 years he could be the starting Center they need. Still needs work with his post up game but has nice put backs. I was a little harsh saying his ceiling was only WCS. But I just don't see him as a big game changer and the way the wolves are constructed right now I'm guessing they aren't playoff bound.
    Yeah I see now what you're saying. My initial post wasn't talking about how they'll do this year- I was looking @ the future.

Most rookies don't contribute much to wins- in fact they're typically worse than replacement level players (which was true even in Wiggins' case). I expect the Wolves to be bad, but it'll only add to their talent pool imo being back in the lotto. They'll miss the playoffs, but that shouldn't be a bad thing necessarily. They need the young guys to get minutes in order to develop. It's about the future in their case. Martin, Pek, Prince, A. Miller, etc. and their goals aren't who they need to worry about.

Very good NBA starter

How do you think KAT is WCS ceiling. He the better passer,scorer,etc... and they are equal defensively.