Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Explain to me, in detail, how Wade is better than West...

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    I do not like Wade as a person, so maybe i'm biased.

Wade may very well be the greater player, regardless of the stats.

Thanks for all the replies.
    You're welcome man.

I've discussed this before and it may seem a bit strange, but I consider West to be "greater", but I have Wade ranked as the 3rd best SG. I think West's influence on the game and being "the logo" must be taken into consideration in terms of his all -time ranking, therefore imo he ranks higher than Wade in that regard. When it comes to positional rankings I'm less inclined to consider those kinds of things and focus more on performance and ability. Though I'm admittedly biased and perhaps a case can be made for West, I think Wade is the superior player. As others have mentioned, it's hard to truly rate West without having seen him play, and it's extremely hard to compare stats across eras. For the record, West himself has called Wade a better player than he ever was but maybe he was just being humble. Regardless, it's obviously very close between those two and it's probably just a matter of preference.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I've discussed this before and it may seem a bit strange, but I consider West to be "greater", but I have Wade ranked as the 3rd best SG. I think West's influence on the game and being "the logo" must be taken into consideration in terms of his all -time ranking, therefore imo he ranks higher than Wade in that regard. When it comes to positional rankings I'm less inclined to consider those kinds of things and focus more on performance and ability. Though I'm admittedly biased and perhaps a case can be made for West, I think Wade is the superior player. As others have mentioned, it's hard to truly rate West without having seen him play, and it's extremely hard to compare stats across eras. For the record, West himself has called Wade a better player than he ever was but maybe he was just being humble. Regardless, it's obviously very close between those two and it's probably just a matter of preference.
    When was this?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Tough question to ask the majority posters of ISH

one guy, they have their grandpa how good he was in his prime

the other guy, they have to ask their older brother how good he was in his prime

so i guess it comes down to family biases
    LOL. One of the best post I've ever read here and so accurate for all these youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    I do not like Wade as a person, so maybe i'm biased.
    Uh...the only thing you know about the man as a person is shit you read on the internet. Or are we talking about all these "cheap shots" the haters like to throw around? Which is ironic since it's usually Kobe stans and Kobe is one of the dirtiest players ever with his elbows.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    West has no case over Kobe what legit argument does he have? Hell West himself would laugh at notion of putting himself over Kobe.
    You throw out team accomplishments, you could definitely make a case for West being ahead of Kobe. Similar personal accolades, with West having better stats, especially so postseason/Finals wise. You can bring up era, but West was having absolutely monster playoff/Finals series. I'm not even saying he is, or should be ranked ahead of Kobe, but to act like it's not at least debatable is ridiculous

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    LOL. One of the best post I've ever read here and so accurate for all these youngsters.

Uh...the only thing you know about the man as a person is shit you read on the internet. Or are we talking about all these "cheap shots" the haters like to throw around? Which is ironic since it's usually Kobe stans and Kobe is one of the dirtiest players ever with his elbows.
    Wade is a fake nice guy. He's a fraud. He's a serial cheater that pretends to be a mama's boy. He is a dirty player. He broke Kobe's nose in an all-star game.

If he and his fans didn't push some kind of angelic persona for Wade, I wouldn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    When was this?
    During a Heat vs Lakers game in 2009 or 2010. He was being interviewed and was talking about Wade and Kobe being two of the best SG's of all time. The interviewer made a comment that West was great himself, and West said (paraphrasing) "I was never the player that those guys are".

Even before he made that comment he was basically implying that Kobe and Wade were the 2nd and 3rd greatest SG's of all time.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    During a Heat vs Lakers game in 2009 or 2010. He was being interviewed and was talking about Wade and Kobe being two of the best SG's of all time. The interviewer made a comment that West was great himself, and West said (paraphrasing) "I was never the player that those guys are".

Even before he made that comment he was basically implying that Kobe and Wade were the 2nd and 3rd greatest SG's of all time.
    Ok thanks

Lightbulb Re: Explain to me, in detail, how Wade is better than West...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I'm not even sure he existed. A white guy dominating basketball during a decade with high racial tensions? Sounds too convenient.
    Mate, the **** are you talking about?

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Alright, here is what I believe, and I believe that Wade currently is better all-time than West And here is why...
    1. Wade has more rings than West doest, beating him 3-1, and even has a title as the man where as West does not.
    2. Has a higher PER, beating West 25 to 23
    3. Has a superior FG%, 49 compared to 47.4
    4. Beats him out in efg%, .504 to .474
    5. Edges him out in TS%, .566 and .550
    6. To start a franchise, who honestly would you take? I'd take Wade over West without any second thought. Despite all the injuries, Wade is far and away the better player, eras taken into account or not
    7. Higher peak than West, mainly because he is a more efficient player
    8. Better performance in the finals, obviously holds the better record (3 for 5 > 1 for 9), and has better performances in the finals themselves, seeing as he was able to get the job done when it mattered most (2006 Finals, games 2-5 2012 Finals, games 4-7 2013 Finals) while West squandered golden opportunities (Game 7 vs. Celtics, 1969, Game 7 vs. NY 1970). Wade did as well, but he has delivered more times than not.

I am not going to claim to have ever watched Jerry West ever (I have only seen clips) or that I follow him all that much and I am probably a Wade stan, nor will I claim that a case cannot be made for West, seeing as he us a superior jump shooter, defender, would have higher %'s had there been a 3-point line, and would've won more were it not for Bill Russel, and is the Logo, but all things considered, Wade is greater all-time.

*if I got any stats wrong, my bad, I'm only human

NBA rookie of the year

Wade has a better peak season or two, but I wouldn't put him above West all time. I don't even think Wade had the better prime (5-6 consecutive years).

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Alright, here is what I believe, and I believe that Wade currently is better all-time than West And here is why...
    1. Wade has more rings than West doest, beating him 3-1, and even has a title as the man where as West does not.
    2. Has a higher PER, beating West 25 to 23
    3. Has a superior FG%, 49 compared to 47.4
    4. Beats him out in efg%, .504 to .474
    5. Edges him out in TS%, .566 and .550
    6. To start a franchise, who honestly would you take? I'd take Wade over West without any second thought. Despite all the injuries, Wade is far and away the better player, eras taken into account or not
    7. Higher peak than West, mainly because he is a more efficient player
    8. Better performance in the finals, obviously holds the better record (3 for 5 > 1 for 9), and has better performances in the finals themselves, seeing as he was able to get the job done when it mattered most (2006 Finals, games 2-5 2012 Finals, games 4-7 2013 Finals) while West squandered golden opportunities (Game 7 vs. Celtics, 1969, Game 7 vs. NY 1970). Wade did as well, but he has delivered more times than not.

I am not going to claim to have ever watched Jerry West ever (I have only seen clips) or that I follow him all that much and I am probably a Wade stan, nor will I claim that a case cannot be made for West, seeing as he us a superior jump shooter, defender, would have higher %'s had there been a 3-point line, and would've won more were it not for Bill Russel, and is the Logo, but all things considered, Wade is greater all-time.

*if I got any stats wrong, my bad, I'm only human
    The ring count is completely irrelevant given their circumstances, completely.. 3 of your points revolve around a minor edge in efficiency, come on now. Point 6 is arbitrary, and point 8 is flatout false, lol.

This left me with a bigger belief in West's superiority, actually.. there just is nothing in the big picture Wade is better at, seemingly..

Wade better than west. West get props for being white but he was vastly overrated. The reason why Wade don't have all-nba 1st teams like that cause he played in an era with Kobe.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    The ring count is completely irrelevant given their circumstances, completely.. 3 of your points revolve around a minor edge in efficiency, come on now. Point 6 is arbitrary, and point 8 is flatout false, lol.

This left me with a bigger belief in West's superiority, actually.. there just is nothing in the big picture Wade is better at, seemingly..
    Let's not adjust for pace and factor in era when it's Wade. If this was a Bron vs Oscar/Baylor all of that would be facrored in