Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: It amazes me that the Heat bench is no better than the Lakers bench

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    You come off very bitter in every post about Miami

Like it or not miami will be contenders every year while Lebron is there.. They will be favourites to win it all for the next 2-3 years like it or not..
    What he's trying to insinuate is that the new CBA and harsher luxury tax penalties is going to force Miami to rid of the "Big Three".

What he doesn't know is that Heat owner Micky Arison is worth 4 billion, and operates the Heat as more of a hobby than a business. Micky would pay 500 million in luxury tax if it meant keeping LeGawd in the Heat uniform the rest of his career.

Miami will continue to get quality vets with the mini MLE just as they've done adding Shane Battier and Ray Allen. And will continue to find diamond in the rough types like Birdman Anderson/Rashard Lewis for the minimum. Like you said All Net, wishful thinking...

OP do you watch the games or just look at points per game and fg% to find out who's better? Heat bench>>>Lakers bench

Quote Originally Posted by CHi1PriDe
    Portland has the worst bench
    Well, I was being facetious a little bit. I mean, pretty much anyone's bench is better than the Charlotte starters, so think how bad THEIR bench is, right?

Day 2 , I'm still waiting for your response OT

Jodie Meek, Steve Blake, Antawn Jamison for Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Norris Cole, deal?

sg for sg
    pg for pg
    forward for forward.

I'll throw in Duhon, Morris too

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Day 2 , I'm still waiting for your response OT

Jodie Meek, Steve Blake, Antawn Jamison for Shane Battier, Ray Allen, Norris Cole, deal?

sg for sg
    pg for pg
    forward for forward.

I'll throw in Duhon, Morris too
    Of course not. Like I said in my OP, I'm really surprise that Miami Heat bench is producing the same as Lakers bench.

But they are shooters, which compliment Heat's style. And Ray Ray is better than everyone in the Lakers bench, but the Lakers also missed guys like Hill and Gasol or Earl Clark if he goes back to the bench.

But if you do trade them, I don't think the Heat will really lose a step offense or defense this year once they get chemistry back up.
    Last edited by Micku; 03-11-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Of course not. Like I said in my OP, I'm really surprise that Miami Heat bench is producing the same as Lakers bench.

But they are shooters, which compliment Heat's style. And Ray Ray is better than everyone in the Lakers bench, but the Lakers also missed guys like Hill and Gasol or Earl Clark if he goes back to the bench.

Of course not was enough to close this thread.

But if you do trade them, I don't think the Heat will really lose a step offense or defense this year once they get chemistry back up.

Give me the shyt you're smoking.

Give me the shyt you're smoking.
    The bench of the Lakers and the bench of the Heat are basically the same as I posted before. The bench of the Lakers actually defend the 3pt shot better than the Heat, which is very surprising. The difference between the teams is actually the starters. That and the coach. Spo has always been good at defense.

The players that you asked to trade won't affect it defense that much. Guys like Chris Anderson, Haslem, and Joel Anthony (though he rarely plays) would affect the defense.
    Last edited by Micku; 03-11-2013 at 04:47 PM.

O-Qua Tangin Wann

Lakers bench is worse. In names and production.

The players that you asked to trade won't affect it defense that much. Guys like Chris Anderson, Haslem, and Joel Anthony (though he rarely plays) would affect the defense.
    Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Norris Cole won't affect the defense? omg, I will just stop posting because this is getting beyond retarded.

Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Norris Cole won't affect the defense? omg, I will just stop posting because this is getting beyond retarded.
    Shane Battier isn't as good as he was last year. Ray Allen and Cole aren't great defenders either. The entire Heat team isn't really as good as they were last year defensively actually. They are recently started to pick it up tho. You are letting reputation cloud in actual production.

But they are producing the same amount as the Lakers. The stats show it. They also show that the Heat bench are better shooters, which fits nicely to Wade and LBJ when they drive and kick out. This also gives you better spacing. But part of the reason why they are so good is because of Wade and LBJ ability to break down defense.

Defensively, they are about the same as well. They basically let the same amount of points as the Heat bench. They also defend the 3pt shot better. The Heat bench cause more turnovers. But they constantly let teams come back due to bad defense.

The difference between the two teams is that the Wade, LBJ and Bosh would play with them and they would get their shots. But they are basically the same as the Lakers bench in production, which is shocking. Wade and LBJ are the difference.

Apart from Ray Allen, they probably won't be as effective if they were on the Lakers is what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Micku; 03-11-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    You come off very bitter in every post about Miami

Like it or not miami will be contenders every year while Lebron is there.. They will be favourites to win it all for the next 2-3 years like it or not..
    I said last chance for the big three, not for Lebron, reading comprehension is fundamental, dumb people should try harder at it.

Serious playground baller Askmeificare's Avatar

In stats so far anyway. The Heat bench is one of the worst in the league.

These are the stats:

Heat bench : 26.8 ppg, 42.5% FG, and 38.8% 3pt

Lakers bench: 27.0 ppg, 43.7%, and 35.8% 3pt

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball...s/13/7/pts/1-1

The Heat have better shooters, but other than that, it's really the only thing that the Heat bench does better. They both kind'a equal at defense. I thought the Heat bench looked better with the eye test, but they always have Wade or LeBron out there with the bench.

While it is common to have a sucky bench and win titles, it still amaze me because they looked better than that when watching them.