Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Post game thread

Umm Bulls fans keep saying Rose is better than CP3 and Deron...

*sigh*

   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Umm Bulls fans keep saying Rose is better than CP3 and Deron...
    similar to when iverson won the MVP...

was he the best PG or SG? no, to both.

Deron Williams is one clutch mofo.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    Deron Williams is one clutch mofo.

That is all.
    Feels good to see a win and him play like this, I hope we pull through and make a run to the play-offs. But its gonna be tough.

Great game for Nets and Deron, did not watch it till Overtime and it did not disappoint me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Feels good to see a win and him play like this, I hope we pull through and make a run to the play-offs. But its gonna be tough.
    Deron really picked up his game. Oh he plays like this the playoffs are definitely reachable. Brook will be back before we know it! Let's go nets! Great upset win!

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Good win for the Nets, but looking ahead at the schedule makes me sort of happy. The Nets next 10 games or so are all winnable games, or most of them are. A good way to make a playoff push is to take advantage of it, and win as many as possible. Tomorrow vs. Cleveland should be exciting.

On a side note, many people say Deron Williams is playing out of character, but that is not true. Deron is avg 19 ppg, and 9 apg, while shooting not as good as he's used too, an that's due to the fact that opposing defenses focus 100% of their attention to Deron, since nobody else on the Nets is a real consistent second option threat. I love how Deron is doing this season, considering when Lopez returns people will have to sag in the paint a bit to make sure he doesn't get a clean look 2 feet from the basket that should allow Deron to pull up with ease now, rather then pull up to 2-3 defenders on him, as he has been this entire season.
    GO NETS!

Definitely a great time to make a push to the Play-offs. I want to see consistency first though, we need to win against the Cavs and such etc.

Good win. I hope we get these few games because they're definitely winnable.

First two games winning streak this season, the only thing I can complain is the way we ended the 4th quarter but thats what happened when Irving beasted. Deron is playing tremendously well lately, which is a good sign. Lets go nets.

   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    ...Deron is playing tremendously well lately, which is a good sign. Lets go nets.
    haven't seen the recent games, so could somebody describe for me what deron is doing differently, lately?

is he simply gunning more, or is it more complex than that?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    haven't seen the recent games, so could somebody describe for me what deron is doing differently, lately?

is he simply gunning more, or is it more complex than that?
    Well Deron was shooting like 38% from the field with 18ppg and 8apg prior to the two games winning streak. He had 34/11 last time and now 27/10 while hitting 50% of the shots from the field. So 30.5ppg and 10.5apg in th past two games, which is quite phenomenal Id say.

We have a good chance to go on a 3-games winning streak, the next opponent is the lowly Raptors and we play at home. Should the Knicks lose to Rockets, the Nets would move up to the 3rd position in Atlantic Division.

There is also a good chance for the Bucks(play against Lakers) and Cavs(play against Celtics twice) to lose, and if this happens... Well you know what this means, dont ya?

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 01-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.

   

we all go to disneyland?

anyway, thanks... i did happen to catch the thread you made celebrating the accomplishment. let's hope the fire stays hot...

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Good win for the Nets. This weekend will be the biggest weekend in the season for the Nets thus far because like kiddlovesnets said the teams one game ahead of us are playing top contending teams while we are playing a few crappy teams. Sunday is a must-win for the Nets, especially against Toronto who is right behind them. Although winning against these sub-par teams is exciting, I would like to beat Indiana, just to prove we can beat a top team through 48 minutes, and not through a half court buzzer beater. :)
    GO NETS!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    we all go to disneyland?

anyway, thanks... i did happen to catch the thread you made celebrating the accomplishment. let's hope the fire stays hot...
    Yeah, that will makes it for the first time in years that we b come a top 8 teams in East(minus the first one week), however long it lasts

Well the truth some people keep denying is that Rose, Rondo and Westbrook have never actually surpassed Deron Williams. They sound like Deron will have to EARN his 2nd best PG position back, but in reality he is already there and never was turned down.