Default How's Rajon Rondo on the Mavs?

seems like there's no impact at all

Banned

Default Re: How's Rajon Rondo on the Mavs?

defensively he has made an impact, but offensive flow is all messed up at the other end. mavs still have to figure this one out. they've got the players, but can they make them fit in together to make it work?

Local High School Star kenny817's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    Lol. You're an idiot

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    His impact has been huge in my opinion. We were due to really struggle before the trade imo. We were over-rated as **** playing a soft schedule and beating nobody good. We were on the verge of falling back quite a bit..again..imo.

He can go head to head with elite guards and can actually make positive plays at the end of games that Jameer couldn't.

The big difference is defense though. With Rondo on the court, so far, we have been an elite defense.

We have a 98.3 defensive rating when Rondo is on the court. That would be good for the best defense in the league actually.

While the offense overall is worse, I still like it better situationally with Rondo than Jameer....like end of games. I'd much rather have Rondo out there in the last 5 minutes of a close game (solely speaking offensively) than Nelson. Rondo can create shots and break a defense down in a way Jameer couldn't. He also tends to make his fair share of shots late as well. I wouldn't just completely leave him open like some teams do. No doubt his ft shooting could be killer for us, but it can and will only get better.

The trade was a huge win just on potential alone as most Mavs fans and people that really knew the team said. Crowder was not relevant. Jameer was definitely not good enough to win the title with at pg in the West...and while Wright was really good offensively...he's not the type of player well suited for tough playoff series against elite teams on either end. Wright is the epitome of a great regular season player that would get noticeably worse in the playoffs (at least on our team he was).

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    His impact has been huge in my opinion. We were due to really struggle before the trade imo. We were over-rated as **** playing a soft schedule and beating nobody good. We were on the verge of falling back quite a bit..again..imo.

He can go head to head with elite guards and can actually make positive plays at the end of games that Jameer couldn't.

The big difference is defense though. With Rondo on the court, so far, we have been an elite defense.

We have a 98.3 defensive rating when Rondo is on the court. That would be good for the best defense in the league actually.

While the offense overall is worse, I still like it better situationally with Rondo than Jameer....like end of games. I'd much rather have Rondo out there in the last 5 minutes of a close game (solely speaking offensively) than Nelson. Rondo can create shots and break a defense down in a way Jameer couldn't. He also tends to make his fair share of shots late as well. I wouldn't just completely leave him open like some teams do. No doubt his ft shooting could be killer for us, but it can and will only get better.
    Hack a Rondo will be a thing in the playoffs, he needs to get his shit together. 30%

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Hack a Rondo will be a thing in the playoffs, he needs to get his shit together. 30%
    On one FTA per game in Dallas. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    On one FTA per game in Dallas. Calm down.
    Do you think Pop or Stotts would't do "Hack a Rondo".

McFail and Brooks would never do that because they are stupid, but smart coaches will foul him in the playoffs.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Do you think Pop or Stotts would't do "Hack a Rondo".

McFail and Brooks would never do that because they are stupid, but smart coaches will foul him in the playoffs.
    I dont see Pop giving Rondo no free throws, i see us giving him a jump shot tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    I dont see Pop giving Rondo no free throws, i see us giving him a jump shot tho.
    His midrange % is higher than his FT%