Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monroe Rumors

NBA lottery pick

Default Monroe Rumors

Today is the first day Monroe could be traded. It's unlikely but there's going to be a ton of rumors out there. He obviously wants out of Detroit too. I can't blame him necessarily. The organization just isn't being run well. Apparently the Pistons want a 1st round pick for him. People are saying that's too much but I don't think so. After all he was a lottery pick and he is a really good player.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Monroe Rumors

Bucks should trade a first rounder and Henson for Moose, he would compliment a front court of Sanders very nicely,

Sanders
    Moose
    Jabari
    Giannis
    Knight

Good mix of D and O and amazing size at all positions, can also play smaller and plug Moose in at C and Jabari at PF for stretches...

Thunder should go after him, would compliment Ibaka nicely,

Spurs should also target him as he would be a good replacment in the post Duncan era (not that he can be replaced, but Moose is a great building block next to Leonard)

Philly should look to facilitate a 3-way, and off-load Noah or Embiid (probably Noel) and bring in Moose who would work much better with either one as he can play PF and is more O orientated...

NBA lottery pick

The Thunder would be scary with him. I don't think they would have the money to resign him though. I doubt Detroit does another trade with Milwaukee. I don't think they'd want to face him in the division.

Decent college freshman

Monroe is absolutely worth a 1st.

All the talk is that Monroe won't accept a trade though and wants to keep his Bird rights.

NBA lottery pick

I think at the end of the day he would take a trade to the right place. This rebuilding process is going to take much longer it seems now. We're going to have a fire sale on everybody and need to be in the lottery for a few more years.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think at the end of the day he would take a trade to the right place. This rebuilding process is going to take much longer it seems now. We're going to have a fire sale on everybody and need to be in the lottery for a few more years.
    Doubt it. Contenders have no cap space and wouldn't have his bird rights and teams with cap space aren't likely to be any better a situation than here. He's going to wait it out and hit FA so he can have the option of sign and trades.

NBA lottery pick

I've always thought that was the most likely scenario. It depends on how quickly he wants out though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I've always thought that was the most likely scenario. It depends on how quickly he wants out though.
    Hard to say. Seems to me he wants max the most. Falk is his agent after all. No idea what we actually offered him though.

NBA lottery pick

I think a lot of teams are hesitant to give him the max. He does absolutely want it though. Guys like Cousins and Bledsoe got paid. He wants to as well. Cousins is clearly far better than Monroe at this point in their careers. I don't think he should expect the same contract as him.

I think he is worth something between 12 - 14 mill per season

Ibaka 4 years / 48 mill

Smith 4 years / 54 mill

Something along those lines - uut I will not be surprised when someone offers him 4 years / 64 mill (Someone is surely likely to overpay)

NBA lottery pick

This summer will be the perfect time for players since it's a weak FA class and there's teams with cap space. It usually means a few players will get over paid. I could see the Knicks over paying someone. Especially if Gasol stays in Memphis. That basically makes the market even better for Monroe. The Lakers want to sign someone really bad too. I'm sure they'd like Monroe to put next to Randle.

NBA lottery pick

It's sounding like since he's a 6th man on a horrible team it's making his value go down for negotiations. He wants out now because of that and isn't as worried about the Bird rights.
    http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2014/1...monroe-pistons

That seems like good news ^^

On a side note, I read an article in which the Pistons wanted Teague + Korver for Monroe... That made me chuckle a bit,

Even if we manage to trade Smith this year - and Moose doesn't get traded this year - do you still think he would walk out in free agency on us?

NBA lottery pick

I think if they trade Smith there's a chance he stays. Although not much of one. I think SVG is fine with moving both Smith and Monroe. It's pretty obvious he just wants guys that can shoot the 3 to surround Drummond with.

^^ And also something like 5 of the top 6 picks this year are big men - which we would have a fairly decent shot of landing due to the season we are having...

We should be hitting the suns up for Dragic for Monroe trade