Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Pau Gasol to the Knicks for Arron Afflalo

One rumor I'm reading with Gasol is a possible trade to send him to New York for Arron Afflalo. The Knicks would be crazy not to do that trade. As much as I love Gasol if he's serious about leaving Chicago I would rather get something in return than lose him for nothing. And the Bulls could use a guard like Afflalo. They could start him at the 2, Rose at the 1 and move Butler to the 3 along with Mirotic at the 5 and Taj at the 4. Sure the Bulls front court would be nothing compared to the potential Taj/Noah/Mirotic/Portis/Gasol rotation they had. But Noah is hurt and Gasol wants out. It would still leave the Bulls with Taj and Mirotic as starters and give more playing time to Bobby Portis off the bench and the Bulls still have Cameron Bairstow and Cristiano Felicio who can also play the center and power forward positions. And they'd have E'Twaun Moore, Hinrich, Snell, Dunleavy (when he comes back), McDermott and Aaron Brooks off the bench.

And I really like that idea of Afflalo, Butler, Rose, Mirotic and Taj as the starting lineup and I think they would be great under Hoiberg and Jim Boylen's offense.

Default Re: Pau Gasol to the Knicks for Arron Afflalo

This is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    This is bad.
    How so? Gasol wants out. Why let him leave this summer for nothing when the Bulls can trade him right now and get something. Afflalo would fit well on the Bulls. The Bulls aren't winning a championship this season and Gasol wants out. Trade Gasol now and get Afflalo and maybe a draft pick or two in return. The Bulls would still have enough front court guys even without Noah and Gasol.

I love Gasol. I don't want to see him leave. But he wants out of Chicago and I don't want the Bulls to lose him for nothing. I'd much rather see Noah traded and keep Gasol but they can't now because Noah is injured.

College superstar

Gasol has so much more value than Afflalo that I hope the trade would not end there.

If we can snag Galloway as well, then I'm all for it. I really like him as a player.