Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    I'm a big AI fan myself... but Um.....NO.

AI made the playoffs two years ago as an 8th seed that got whupped/destroyed/embarassed in the first round.

The MVP is reguler season for one. And actually that year we did not get killed we fought DET the team who ended up winning it all. The series they won in 5-6 games. They all most had it tight up at 2-2 they fought DET hard actually.

Yes, AI did put up some amazing 32/8 numbers but if you go strictly by numbers then either Lebron or Kobe would win MVP for the next 5 years and guys like Duncan would never be considered.

Kobe/Lebron did not have those #'s then. AI put up only 3 assists less, but doubled Nash poit average, and was better in steals.

Now this is not a diss at AI, but so far he's what, like 2 and 3 on the Nuggets? So let's drop the crap about AI for MVP. I'm a AI fan myself but let's be realistic. Let's say if Melo comes back, the Nuggets starts rolling and finish the season hot, then that would probably give the impression that Melo should be MVP, not AI. So either way, AI's chances at MVP this year is slim to none.

Actully your worng if AI get's his assists way up, are putting #'s up better then Nash in some ways and the team wins how can you not give it to AI? Right now until Camby came back last game he had 0 starters with him what do you want Jordan can't even win with Diawara or w/e starting. LMAO

If you wanna say AI would have Melo thats why they started doing good then how about Nash having Amare, and Marion so don't tell me who AI would have.

You're obviously an AI fan but let's not get carried away. AI isn't even among the top 5, 6, 7, 8 players this year in the running of MVP. Not when his Sixers were horrible to start the season, then with him going 2-5 on the Nuggets. Again, no diss at AI, I understand the Nuggets are undermanned and once Melo comes back they should be pretty good, but how exactlydoes that translates into "AI deserves MVP", I do not know.

Sixers sucked and I am talking about Denver. And here as a Nugget he will start being talked about for MVP. Also they are like 2-3 with AI not 2-5 not sure what you talking about. And there is no one that can win with Diawara ect starting even those guys who are top of MVP talks now.

If Erick Dampier ups his FG% by 30%, increase his PPG by 11 points, developes three point range, develope Jason Kidd court vision people should not only give him the MVP, he should knock off Mike as the GOAT.
    WTF your totally missing the point that is why you need to learn more. I did not say scoring, % by 30#. I said % a little, and get's his assists up and he will there is not reason he should not win it.

Dude.... AI's team missed the playoffs last year, they were a GIANT DISAPPOINTMENT given how weak the East is. Please, stop turning this into "Iverson should have been a contender for the MVP last year but was robbed by Nash".

Listen you f*cking idiot I said the year before that when Nash won his first MVP. Last season Lebron, and Kobe learn to f*cking read.

Only person who can make a case for deserving the MVP more than Nash last year are Lebron (50 wins, amazing 31 7 7 numbers, carrying huge load with mediocre cast) and Dirk (second best record in the league, great numbers)

Again I was talking about the year before. And if you learned how to read you would see I said the year before that and last year I was saying lebron and Kobe.

1: Right now the Nuggets are pretty mediocre, if they start winning once Melo comes back.... really, how does that MAKE A CASE FOR IVERSON= MVP?????

If he makes Melo, JR, better players. And get's shooting % up a little, and assists up by making those guys better that's how.

2: You really think Iverson still has a shot this season despite the first 3 months of the season being tainted already? His Sixers stinking... the whole trade fiasco.... come on man. Iverson is a great player but this season, so far, Boozer/Duncan/Dirk/Nash/Lebron/Kobe/Odom/Arenas/Yao all have better cases than AI for MVP.

2 months not 3 November, and December. And he still did great when playing it's the whole season not just less then half of it. And Odom please say your joking cause you got to be kidding with Odom. Yea Odom did great so far this season, but MVP my nuts.

You're a fan, it's ok. But stop hallucinating. Only way AI has a shot at MVP is if the Nuggets ROLL (and I mean roll, something ridiculous like they finish the rest of the season 35 and 5 or something) AND some kind of example of AI's contributions will be needed, like say the Nuggets are rolling with a 13 game winning streak, then AI misses three games and the Nuggets loses all three.... only if one of those incidents happens, along with a ridiculous end to the season by the Nuggets will AI have a shot at MVP.
    And again I know it be hard for AI to win I never said it be easy. But still very possible. And the Nuggets finished season of 2 seasons ago I think 20-3 so it's possible to have a big run.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    stats dont matter to much when considering mvp...the suns went 62-20 that year after missing the playoffs the year before...the sixers were the 8th seed in the weak east

and lol i can read and here are the FOUR things you said need to happen for him to win mvp

1. his fg% go up
    2. his assists go up
    3. his scoring does not go down
    4. nuggets win 50 games
    2 Years ago East was not that weak, and I thik we had the 7th seat, and DET had the 2nd seat when we lost to them in the first round.

I said fg% and assists. And socring I did not say stay the same or go up I said does not go down to much thats not something he needs to get better at like you said before. 50 games win is a lock if everyone stays healthy once the suspention is over. So 2 things man not 4.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

serge.... you don't even know how to quote correctly. You quote your own stuff and just bold it? WTF?

No need to get all defensive and start cussing just cause I don't believe Iverson's a MVP candidate this year. Calm down clown.

serge.... you don't even know how to quote correctly. You quote your own stuff and just bold it? WTF?

No need to get all defensive and start cussing just cause I don't believe Iverson's a MVP candidate this year. Calm down clown.
    I bold my answer to you for each thing.

And I am not cursing about this year really I agree it eb hard this year not inpossible though.

I got more mad about 2 years ago cause he clearly that year should have won it not be 4th. I got mad cause people think I am talking last year. And last year I was saying Lebron/Kobe should have won instead of Nash. AI I was talking about 2 years ago when Nash won his first MVP not about last year yet people say last season they missed the playoffs in the weak east when Iw as not even talking about last year but the year before.

50 wins in the west is actually pretty hard...denver is not a lock toget 50 wins when everyone gets back

4 things that need to HAPPEN for ai and the nuggets is a lot...you are reaching there cause you are such a iverson fan

50 wins in the west is actually pretty hard...denver is not a lock toget 50 wins when everyone gets back

4 things that need to HAPPEN for ai and the nuggets is a lot...you are reaching there cause you are such a iverson fan
    What 4 things you talking about all AI has to do is shoot better and get his assists up? And I am not saying AI is locked to win MVP this year all I said is he has a shot as much as any other player who is in the race right now.

My main point from the first post was about 2 years ago AI should have won not Nash instead AI got 4th. And last year Lebron, or Kobe should have won not Nash. That was my main points yet someone things I am saying AI should have won it last year when I am not sayig that I said 2 years ago. Last season I was saying Lebron/Kobe.

by the way there is no way iverson should have won the mvp two years ago

nash 15.5ppg 11.5 apg 3.3 rpg 50.2 fg 88.7 ft% 1.0 spg 3.27 tpg suns 62-20 after missing the playoffs the year before...suns also had a strech where they did horrible when he was out and i believe they even got blown out by the pistons when he was out which does not happen in the suns/nash era

iverson 30.7 ppg 7.9 apg 4.0 rpg 42.4 fg% 83.5 ft% 2.4 spg 4.59tpg sixers went 43-39 which was a decent 10 game improvement

nash also went 43.1 3pt% while iverson was 30.8

while iverson has a huge advantage in ppg and even spg nash is better at apg,fg%,ft%,3pt%,tpg

steve nash was alot more productive on a great team that improved by 33 games

NBA Superstar

These threads are tired.

groupies in all form come out to diss Nash.

They read people like Bill Simmons (they actually think he is smart) and have very little knowledge of the game. They wouldn't understand Nash because he isn't pumped, black, or a great jumper so they automatically assume the guy with hops or who is more 'hood is better.

It is a facile analogy because they are just stupid people and more a fan of certain players and the image they project as oppose to knowledgeable observers of the game.

If you haven't at least played at a decent high school with respect to ball, STFU when talking about Nash.

Why is he so good?

Errorless execution and he's a complete slave to team play.

Why do some people think that makes him MVP?

Because no one else does it.

You can front on his career all you want, he is still learning the game. He wasn't good early in his career but he has made adjustments and now is willing to make others look great to enhance his team's chances.

Oh, but Jizzo, the Suns haven't won a championship, how can Nash be an MVP?
    (I love this simpleton argument too)

lets look at the facts shall we. he inherits a 29 win team, takes them to the WCF (despite injured starters, of whose slack he picked up btw)two years in a row when they NBA looks like this:
    WEST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EAST
    Most teams and GM schemes operate on three year plans, and this is year three, and now it is all coming together so to speak.

Others could have won MVP last year, but you wont find consensus on just one guy, so it wasn't like a travesty, get over it.

by the way there is no way iverson should have won the mvp two years ago

nash 15.5ppg 11.5 apg 3.3 rpg 50.2 fg 88.7 ft% 1.0 spg 3.27 tpg suns 62-20 after missing the playoffs the year before...suns also had a strech where they did horrible when he was out and i believe they even got blown out by the pistons when he was out which does not happen in the suns/nash era

iverson 30.7 ppg 7.9 apg 4.0 rpg 42.4 fg% 83.5 ft% 2.4 spg 4.59tpg sixers went 43-39 which was a decent 10 game improvement

nash also went 43.1 3pt% while iverson was 30.8

while iverson has a huge advantage in ppg and even spg nash is better at apg,fg%,ft%,3pt%,tpg

steve nash was alot more productive on a great team that improved by 33 games
    That is why the voters made it such a close voting AI finsihed 4th, but the stuff was very close.

Iverson doubled the point, was better in steals, and rebounds.

And Nash had Marion, and Amare also who I call stars who did AI have?

I see why he won it, and Shaq was close 2nd cause there teams won so many games once they came to there new team. But AI still I think shoudl have won it 2 years ago I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge
    That is why the voters made it such a close voting AI finsihed 4th, but the stuff was very close.

Iverson doubled the point, was better in steals, and rebounds.

And Nash had Marion, and Amare also who I call stars who did AI have?

I see why he won it, and Shaq was close 2nd cause there teams won so many games once they came to there new team. But AI still I think shoudl have won it 2 years ago I think.
    the voting between nash and iverson was far from close...nash had 65 first place votes and iverson had 2

by the way rebounds was pretty much the same...

Im just trying to help you be a lil less of a iverson homer...

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    These threads are tired.

groupies in all form come out to diss Nash.

WTF are you talking about Is aid so far Nash is the MVP this year how am I a Nash hater? Last year Lebron and Kobe should have won it clearly a lot of people agreed there were up there so I am not the only one. And 2 years ago AI I think should have won it, and clearly some agreed cause AI finished 4th in voting 2 years ago. So don't act like I am speaking out of my *ss.

They read people like Bill Simmons (they actually think he is smart) and have very little knowledge of the game. They wouldn't understand Nash because he isn't pumped, black, or a great jumper so they automatically assume the guy with hops or who is more 'hood is better.

I am white............And again I said this year Nash so far I think is the MVP with Yao I think at 2nd, and Melo 3rd. So why would I put him first this year if I harted him?

It is a facile analogy because they are just stupid people and more a fan of certain players and the image they project as oppose to knowledgeable observers of the game.

This year I said Nash so far is the MVP I said AI had a chance still as much as any guy that's all. And last year I said Lebron or Kobe should have won it not AI so don't tell me I say something just cause they are my fav player.

If you haven't at least played at a decent high school with respect to ball, STFU when talking about Nash.

I respect Nash or I would not have said he is MVP so far this season.

Why is he so good?

Errorless execution and he's a complete slave to team play.

Why do some people think that makes him MVP?

Because no one else does it.

You can front on his career all you want, he is still learning the game. He wasn't good early in his career but he has made adjustments and now is willing to make others look great to enhance his team's chances.

Oh, but Jizzo, the Suns haven't won a championship, how can Nash be an MVP?
    (I love this simpleton argument too)

lets look at the facts shall we. he inherits a 29 win team, takes them to the WCF (despite injured starters, of whose slack he picked up btw)two years in a row when they NBA looks like this:
    WEST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EAST
    Most teams and GM schemes operate on three year plans, and this is year three, and now it is all coming together so to speak.

Others could have won MVP last year, but you wont find consensus on just one guy, so it wasn't like a travesty, get over it.
    Last year actually I think it was even a worse vote then the year AI did not win it 2 years ago you could have argued Nash/Shaq/Dirk/AI it was all close.

Last year Lebron 30/7/7 should clearly have won it and they went to the playoffs for those who have to have that happen. And Kobe took a team of no body to the playoffs.

the voting between nash and iverson was far from close...nash had 65 first place votes and iverson had 2

by the way rebounds was pretty much the same...

Im just trying to help you be a lil less of a iverson homer...
    Listen I am not a AI homer I am a huge AI fan, but if I was just a homer I would have said AI should have won it last year. I said Lebron 30/7/7 and playoffs should had have him win last year, or Kobe team of nobody to the playoffs.

And I don't hate Nash cause I did say so far Nash should be the MVP. I would not have said that if I hated Nash.

i never said you hated nash...and you kinda are a borderline iverson homer...lol if you would have said he should have won it last year than you would be a for sure one

anyways mvps arent won by leading the league in scoring or putting up the best stats....its won by being a efficent player and being valuable to a GREAT team

Local High School Star

no hes not