Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft 2013

Default Re: Draft 2013

I don't like that Oladipo rumor at all. Not that I don't like the guy, or think he'll be a bust but....Deng is better now and will probably be better for the next 2-3 years. Oladipo is only this highly rated because every player has questions this year about their future success. And he's the only "safe" pick. He can't shoot, he's an alright driver. Terrific defender but...Deng is already one, and scores more easily/better.

Now if it was a hey "If McLemore is there we'd love to trade with you" That I could like. And I think there's a somewhat reasonable chance that could happen. But for Oladipo? Meh.

Hell even for Len or Noel. But Oladipo?
    Last edited by Rose; 06-25-2013 at 02:15 AM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I don't like that Oladipo rumor at all. Not that I don't like the guy, or think he'll be a bust but....Deng is better now and will probably be better for the next 2-3 years. Oladipo is only this highly rated because every player has questions this year about their future success. And he's the only "safe" pick. He can't shoot, he's an alright driver. Terrific defender but...Deng is already one, and scores more easily/better.

Now if it was a hey "If McLemore is there we'd love to trade with you" That I could like. And I think there's a somewhat reasonable chance that could happen. But for Oladipo? Meh.

Hell even for Len or Noel. But Oladipo?
    I would be ok with the proposed trade if it was McLemore, as well. But what about Porter? I don't know much about college players, so I'm not entirely sure on what his skill set is, but I see him mentioned, quite often, as a possible top 3 player.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I would be ok with the proposed trade if it was McLemore, as well. But what about Porter? I don't know much about college players, so I'm not entirely sure on what his skill set is, but I see him mentioned, quite often, as a possible top 3 player.
    I really like Porter. He's a versatile guy that does some of everything generally average with some of it good, and should get better at most of those things. One of those utility small forward guys like Iggy, Paul George before this year, Evan Turner, etc. But he played generally in the post at college, and is way too underweight to play there unless he develops into a stretch 4. He's got tweener height though at 6'9? I think.

But Woj is saying the Bulls are working on an extension for Deng now. I hope that's to keep him.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Draft 2013

But Woj is saying the Bulls are working on an extension for Deng now. I hope that's to keep him.
    If I'm GarPax I don't give him a whiff of an extension until he fixes his wrist. In order to commit to him for 3-4 more years I want to know that the wrist won't be an issue. Also, how much is Deng asking for? I don't know if I'd go much more than $13 million/year, and an extension like that would hinder our cap flexibility going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
    If I'm GarPax I don't give him a whiff of an extension until he fixes his wrist. In order to commit to him for 3-4 more years I want to know that the wrist won't be an issue. Also, how much is Deng asking for? I don't know if I'd go much more than $13 million/year, and an extension like that would hinder our cap flexibility going forward.
    I would be hesitant honestly to give him more than 10-11. 13 is what he made this year. That's top 30 player money, I don't think a particular salary should directly rate a player/expectations of the player, but players that range should give an idea of their value. He made LMA, J-Smoov, Brook Lopez money. I don't know if he's in that pay grade. Right below that where Noah and Batum are in the 10-11 range. That's solid. While a lot of what Deng means to the team is more than his 16-6 or whatever it was this year with terrific defense. You can replace a portion of that with a less talented player. Especially given the team's financial standing currently/new cap when factoring in next year's cap is coming in lower than expected.

If he thinks he can get 13+ on the open market, by all means he should do that for himself. But like Noah (and kinda Taj) if he really wants to stay and be close to a championship with a good chance to earn one in the next 5 or so years...he needs to take a decent pay cut or really earn a same size/bigger contract this upcoming year.

Not related to the draft, but did anyone see what Nate was posting on twitter/Facebook today?

Talking about a 1-2 punch with Rose and himself next year.

I've felt like he was all but gone due to cap situations. Would be sick to get him to comeback. I became a huge Nate fan watching him throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Not related to the draft, but did anyone see what Nate was posting on twitter/Facebook today?

Talking about a 1-2 punch with Rose and himself next year.

I've felt like he was all but gone due to cap situations. Would be sick to get him to comeback. I became a huge Nate fan watching him throughout the year.
    I did see that. I don't know how much faith to put into it, but maybe it means his agent and the Bulls are trying to work something out or maybe his agent has received much interested around the league for whatever reason.

Whatever the reason it may be if we're able to bring him back at an affordable right i would most certainly welcome him back.

Him being our spark plug off the bench would be ideal, especially being in the backcourt with Kirk as a part of the second unit.
    Nate could guard the backup pg and Kirk could guard the back up sg.

I would be hesitant honestly to give him more than 10-11. 13 is what he made this year. That's top 30 player money, I don't think a particular salary should directly rate a player/expectations of the player, but players that range should give an idea of their value. He made LMA, J-Smoov, Brook Lopez money. I don't know if he's in that pay grade. Right below that where Noah and Batum are in the 10-11 range. That's solid. While a lot of what Deng means to the team is more than his 16-6 or whatever it was this year with terrific defense. You can replace a portion of that with a less talented player. Especially given the team's financial standing currently/new cap when factoring in next year's cap is coming in lower than expected.

If he thinks he can get 13+ on the open market, by all means he should do that for himself. But like Noah (and kinda Taj) if he really wants to stay and be close to a championship with a good chance to earn one in the next 5 or so years...he needs to take a decent pay cut or really earn a same size/bigger contract this upcoming year.
    Ideally Deng should take 8-9 million per year in my honest opinion. I know it's not his fault, but fact is we overpaid him during his current contract. If he really wants to stay here than I don't see why he wouldn't take a pay cut. He seems like the type that would. But with that being said I wouldn't blame him if he chased more money if a team offered it to him and like others have said if he does get an offer like that he should go for it.

Excited for the draft tomorrow.

I know there's been some rumors and there normally is surrounding our Bulls but i could see us making a splash either way.

If we make a trade i think it'll show the direction of where we're going this offseason.

If we don't i think we do a nice job of finding a quality player at #20.

I really like Porter. He's a versatile guy that does some of everything generally average with some of it good, and should get better at most of those things. One of those utility small forward guys like Iggy, Paul George before this year, Evan Turner, etc. But he played generally in the post at college, and is way too underweight to play there unless he develops into a stretch 4. He's got tweener height though at 6'9? I think.

I would agree with either approach.. keeping Deng or trading him.

If the Bulls decide to keep him then I think now would be the time to complete an extension because his stock is somewhat low.

I know his stock could fall even lower, but if he has a great season it may drive up his price tag to the point where we lose him.

I'm still envisioning how good Rose, Butler and Deng could be defending the perimeter, but like I said I would understand if he was moved (but I don't see it happening).

My immediate reaction on Snell is:

He's a smooth player, but lazy. Has defensive tools but kinda meh. okay shooter.

I just assumed Franklin. Maybe Hardaway Jr.

But Snell doesn't really fit the Thibs style.

Serious playground baller methusala's Avatar

Thin frame won't add much size or strength.

Haven't seen much of him, but first reaction was, 'huh?'

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/06...y-snell-at-20/

Wait and see. If he can learn Thibs schemes, he'll be okay.

Drafted Erik Murphy second round...

Florida Gator pick, big man, connection to Noah who played for the Gators. think those two will bond well :)
    Last edited by poido123; 06-28-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by methusala
    Thin frame won't add much size or strength.

Haven't seen much of him, but first reaction was, 'huh?'
    Look up draftexpress, has a 2 minute clip on Snell.

Nice shooting stroke, athletic, long wing span, needs to build upper body. Hard to judge anything else from what i could see...