Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Where would Jordan rank if he never came out of retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Would those currently considered in the top 10 benefit from taking almost 2yrs off from the game?

Would they have achieved better accolades (rest/let body heal) if they took the MJ route?

Would those just outside top 10 -15 rank higher if able to rest for 2yrs?
    How would giving up 2 years of your prime help you garner more accolades? Are you suggesting that it's actually beneficial to sacrifice prime years of play just to get "rest"? Do you know how absurd that sounds? Why would any player forego prime years just to have a little more energy past their prime? I think the whole "rest" thing is overblown anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    How would giving up 2 years of your prime help you garner more accolades? Are you suggesting that it's actually beneficial to sacrifice prime years of play just to get "rest"? Do you know how absurd that sounds? Why would any player forego prime years just to have a little more energy past their prime? I think the whole "rest" thing is overblown anyway.
    It's true. Jordan probably wins 1 of the 2 matchups vs Hakeem and then proceeds to lose from 99-03'. Would it really effect his rating much if he had 7 chips and a few more seasons where he loses in the playoffs? Not in my opinion...in fact it probably helps him even though his "legend" would be tarnished (cause he would have lost in the Finals).

I think wasting 2 prime years away would be a great idea. Think of all that rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    It's true. Jordan probably wins 1 of the 2 matchups vs Hakeem and then proceeds to lose from 99-03'. Would it really effect his rating much if he had 7 chips and a few more seasons where he loses in the playoffs? Not in my opinion...in fact it probably helps him even though his "legend" would be tarnished (cause he would have lost in the Finals).
    I wonder if MJ even plays till 40 if he hadn't left in 93 and 98. I think he'd have played till 2000. Just a guess of course....

Obviously I'm not referring to just any player, just those who were carrying the load the majority of the time.

Staying in shape, shoot around daily w/o the grind of the reg. season and postseason would help with longevity which would poss. help in gaining more accolades.

Banned

top5 all time

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Obviously I'm not referring to just any player, just those who were carrying the load the majority of the time.

Staying in shape, shoot around daily w/o the grind of the reg. season and postseason would help with longevity which would poss. help in gaining more accolades.
    Meh, there's diminishing returns. Eventually age is age, regardless of how "fresh" someone is. You cannot cheat father time. Prime years are inherently more valuable and have by far the greatest impact on a player's legacy. It's completely illogical to sacrifice prime years to have (maybe) slightly better longevity.