Dunking on everybody in the park

Default So, are there any other nominees for the Golden Iverson award?

I can only think of Westbrook and Bryant now that Kyrie will be on a leash. We know the triangle offense will force Melo to at least think about passing a bit more often than he did before. Your thoughts on any other possible recipients of this prestigious trophy?

Default Re: So, are there any other nominees for the Golden Iverson award?

Kobe is gonna run away with this thing. During preseason he attempted 23 shots per 36 minutes, despite making only 39.6% of those shots.
    #Iversonbe

Banned

LOL remember the PER award from Ayotunde Ndiaye?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

hopefully kobe. I wanna see him just slinging shit up to get numbers all year.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Allen Iverson is a first ballot hall of famer and one of the most respected players...by those who played. And by most reports someone teammates loved. He is a legend. People pretending its easy to score 30 a game at 5'11'' 155 pounds if you just decide to shoot a lot disrespect the game and how much talent it takes to have the career he did...the way he did.

There are millions of people Allen Iversons size. Not 10 of them could ever do what he did.

A friend offered me a bet saying Kobe will make at least 22 points per game making 38% or more. I took since the bet is pretty small (the looser has to pay for the lunch). How high do you think my chances are of winning this bet?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There are millions of people Allen Iversons size. None of them could ever do what he did.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    A friend offered me a bet saying Kobe will make at least 22 points per game making 38% or more. I took since the bet is pretty small (the looser has to pay for the lunch). How high do you think my chances are of winning this bet?
    So if Kobe shoots under 36%, or if Kobe scores under 22ppg, you win?

You have a great shot at winning.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Allen Iverson is a first ballot hall of famer and one of the most respected players...by those who played. And by most reports someone teammates loved. He is a legend. People pretending its easy to score 30 a game at 5'11'' 155 pounds if you just decide to shoot a lot disrespect the game and how much talent it takes to have the career he did...the way he did.

There are millions of people Allen Iversons size. Not 10 of them could ever do what he did.
    Truth.

And obvious troll thread is obvious. What an amazing coincidence that it's the same people that immediately respond.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    FIFY
    Tiny Archibald was 6' and 150 pounds. He put up 28, 34, 27, and 25 a game over 4 healthy seasons. Calvin Murphy was like 5'9'' 160. He didnt score as much as AI and Nate but he did put up like 26 a game the only season he shot a lot. I'll also give Isiah a nod...not quite as small..but close. And he had it in him to drop 30 a night. But he had talent enough on his teams to not need to. Had a heart like Iversons too. Straight killer...wouldnt back down. Fought Ewing...Cartwright...Barkley. Giving up 100 pounds in those fights. Watched him punch Barkley in the face 3 times on one play. Didnt hurt him...but he wouldnt back down.

I give all of them credit.

Im not gonna disrespect them to praise AI.

But AI gets his due as well.

Calvin not up there with the other 3...but he did enough to get his name mentioned. How often is Calvin Murphy getting any love?

I agree with you completely, that's why I chose to name the trophy after him. Do you think I made this to belittle Iverson in any way? I'll agree Westbrook's resume is not comparable yet, but Kobe is one of the greatest players of all time.

Yeah, you see most players don't care about nerd stats like FG%, PER and TS% . All they care is with the game on the line can he make a basket or a defensive play to win the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Yeah, you see most players don't care about nerd stats like FG%, PER and TS% . All they care is with the game on the line can he make a basket or a defensive play to win the game?
    Definitely. Iverson wasn't a great defender, but being one of only 5 players with 3 or more steals titles, his chances of making a key defensive play are at least better than most players

Mix tapes don't ever say full stories, so the following vids are just for the good times

Playoff record 10 steals in the playoffs

Iverson game winners

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Yawn. If you can't get into the spirit of the thread just don't comment at all.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-29-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Having read that I assumed you were some hater of Iverson and quickly find that im right:

The biggest chucker and most overrated player in the history of the NBA. I will NEVER get it and Nobody will never be able to explain it to me.
    Can Brandon Jennings be the next Iverson?

I don't find being the next "most overrated chucker in the history of basketball" to be a good thing, so sure why not?

Reminder to Iverson homers, sixers fans, 2001
    If Alonzo Mourning...a top five player in the league hadn't gone down with his kidney disease you wouldnt have ****ING SNIFFED THE FINALS. The Miami Heat with Zo, Eddie Jones, Tim Hardaway, Brian Grant, Anthony Mason etc would have erased you from existence. You all like to make a big stink about the fact that the Sixers made the finals in the 2001 season and that makes that chucking piece of shit Iverson special...
    In light of these facts im gonna have to say....

**** outta here. .