Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Still early, but Wade has looked fantastic (pre-season / season opener)

Dude just looks quicker and more agile out there. He finished tonight's game w/ 21, including 12 points in the 4th quarter, while the Heat beat a VG (what many consider) playoff team.

Again, early, but if Wade can play anywhere near his 2011 self, Miami is a dark horse out East.

Default Re: Still early, but Wade has looked fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Dude just looks quicker and more agile out there. He finished tonight's game w/ 21, including 12 points in the 4th quarter, while the Heat beat a VG (what many consider) playoff team.

Again, early, but if Wade can play anywhere near his 2011 self, Miami is a dark horse out East.
    I don't think 2011 Wade is ever coming back. If he can play like he did in 2012 and the 2013 regular season/win streak, the Heat should be in good shape with him and Bosh in the East

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

12 13. Get yo shit right.

He will be the best sg in the league as long as he stays on the floor. There is no other shooting guard out there that has his ability as a two way player. Haren? ppft, Kobe? ppft...they will average more points (on far worse effiency as far as Bryant goes), but Wade is far and away a better all around player than them. Neither can play any defense.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 10-30-2014 at 12:35 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Still early, but Wade has looked fantastic (pre-season / season opener)

Way too early to say what is what. We have to see what he could do consistently and if his body could keep up with the NBA season. I doubt we'll see anything like 2011 like Wade. Maybe sparks here and there, but we'll see.

With that said, Wade was clutch today. It'll be interesting to see the Wiz and Heat in the playoffs with both teams being healthy. I'm interested in seeing what could Bosh do right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Good looking out, dawg

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    I don't think 2011 Wade is ever coming back. If he can play like he did in 2012 and the 2013 regular season/win streak, the Heat should be in good shape with him and Bosh in the East
    Neither do I, but a mix between 2011 and 2012 is plausible. I've seen Wade all preseason, and in today's 4th quarter, dude took over like he was back in his prime. If healthy, Miami is still REALLY good.

Default Re: Still early, but Wade has looked fantastic (pre-season / season opener)

well, we called them asterisks for a reason

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Neither do I, but a mix between 2011 and 2012 is plausible. I've seen Wade all preseason, and in today's 4th quarter, dude took over like he was back in his prime. If healthy, Miami is still REALLY good.
    I think you're forgetting just how good 2011 Wade was. He has no chance of reaching that level again unless he somehow gets new knees. He was arguably the best player in the league that year. He plays like 2011 Wade and the Heat are a top 3 team in the league. I doubt he plays like he did in 2012 either but if he could even be 75% of 2012 Wade he's a top 15 player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

He will be the best sg in the league as long as he stays on the floor. There is no other shooting guard out there that has his ability as a two way player. Haren? ppft, Kobe? ppft...they will average more points (on far worse effiency as far as Bryant goes), but Wade is far and away a better all around player than them. Neither can play any defense.
    Klay Thompson

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Klay Thompson
    He is actually my 2nd after Wade. He's no wade as far as drawing the defense and being able to create for others though. People sorely overlook the fact that Dwyane Wade is going to draw double teams and create opportunities for his teammates. He just did that vs the Wiz...he demands a double and attention whether he is looking to score or not. I'm actually a Klay fan, but he isn't going to demand the respect Dwade does. Steph will...and yes he is better than Wade as he is now, but Klay? No.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Bradley Beal is injured, they started Garret Temple. End of story.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    Isn't Temple good on D?

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    How'd the Knicks do?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Isn't Temple good on D?
    Not really, but he is terrible on offense. So that means Wade didn't have to play any d at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    How'd the Knicks do?
    Calderon is injured, they started Shane Larkin.... the 3rd string pg of the Mavs last season, end of story.