Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Summer League: Dante Exum 36 pts, 14 assists full highlight (video)

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Summer League: Dante Exum 36 pts, 14 assists full highlight (video)

Keep hating niqhaaa ready to bump when he wins a ring while taking a dump on zach lavinee

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Keep hating niqhaaa ready to bump when he wins a ring while taking a dump on zach lavinee
    Lavine? well thats random but okay then

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

In all seriousness anyone who expected him to blow people away in summer league really have no idea. He's barely played before summer league. I said all along it would take him a while to get adjusted to NBA but when he does it's gonna be something special.

NBA rookie of the year

am i only one who watched the video? those highlights are impressive.

NBA Superstar

He looks like a point but the Jazz already have Trey Burke

I dont know how Exum is going to develop but I really feel like if he had gone to a team that actually needed a PG, his career would turn out much differently. I'm kind of jumping the gun because I don't think he'll succeed on this team. He's stuck in Utah playing 2nd fiddle to Trey Burke, its definitely going to hurt his development.

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiOL...8pFivAVdQNeFyw

go to the 6:07 mark and watch his buzzer beater lay up,it's impressive even for summer league standards

he get's the ball in his own back court just above his own 3pt line with 3.3 seconds remaining and manages to sprint full court and nail the layup by blowing past 2 defenders and too quick for the help D ...

even if Dante is playing 2nd fiddle to Trey whilst in Utah, this guy will develop and will prosper in the NBA whilst playing for Utah. It's only a matter of time. If Utah don't afford him the opportunities to further develop his obvious talents, and barring injuries, some club will recognise his talents and will give him what he wants - a starting PG position

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

The fact he was able to be a competitive player and not look totally lost at all times is a very impressive feat and shows just how much natural talent he has.

You have to remember this is a kid who's only previous consistent competition was high school kids in Canberra (a city with a pop of only 360,000). The system in Australia is different to the States, the schools only play other schools that are local to them, not nationally or state wide.

The majority of his games he would have been the tallest player on the court as a point guard.

With a few years of professional coaching combined with real strength and conditioning training he will be a very special player.

National High School Star

I doubt he is a total bust but it is noteworthy that EVERY single team that he visited passed on him. All 4 of them. There are point guards with impact all over the league nowadays, if Manny Harris can go off in a regular season NBA game I think Exum will find his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    The fact he was able to be a competitive player and not look totally lost at all times is a very impressive feat and shows just how much natural talent he has.

You have to remember this is a kid who's only previous consistent competition was high school kids in Canberra (a city with a pop of only 360,000). The system in Australia is different to the States, the schools only play other schools that are local to them, not nationally or state wide.

The majority of his games he would have been the tallest player on the court as a point guard.

With a few years of professional coaching combined with real strength and conditioning training he will be a very special player.

he has represented Australia at FIBA u17 and u19 championships mate

Quote Originally Posted by unknowns8
    he has represented Australia at FIBA u17 and u19 championships mate
    I'm aware of that, hence the word "consistent", they are one off competitions over the space of a few weeks :P

absolutely no way this kid busts.

he won't be great right away, but no way he isn't an 18/8 player.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    I'm aware of that, hence the word "consistent", they are one off competitions over the space of a few weeks :P
    to say his only consistent competition is high school kids is slightly ignorant ... you got nike hoops summits and other camps too against the same guys he was in the draft with so he's hardly coming in as a complete unknown ... unless all you ever pay attention to is college ball