Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Why is Love plausable to Cavs but not Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Apparently LeBron does. Your loss.
    You suddenly a LeBron fan?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Real talk...... Is it possible that LeBron/Love/Irving is a better big 3 than LeBron/Wade/Bosh?

Let's say Love and Bosh are basically a wash

Who would you say is a better option right now? Irving or Wade?
    Better fit I'd say, Irving being a PG.

Obviously Wade is better than Irving but except for that first season Wade has kinda been declining and having knee issues.

When it comes to Love and Bosh they are very similar with Love being better rebounder and 3 point shooter while Bosh is a better center and more versatile.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I sort of disagree. I think one the biggest complaints about LeBron's game is that he turns you into more of a spot-up shooter but thing is I think Melo NEEDS to be turned into more of a spot-up/Off-ball role..getting the ball in a position to score as opposed to always creating...I don't hate the fit as much as most
    First off, I don't want just a team of mercenaries. The Cavs have been interested in Love for years and have tried to trade for him prior to James coming back. Love can also impact the game in a lot of ways. Yeah, he can score, but he is also a great rebounder.

The Cavs want Love and that hasn't changed. I really don't want this becoming an All-Star team and the landing spot for all of the 2003 draft guys who can't find a comfortable home.

As for Melo being turned into a spot-up shooter... it might work, but you wouldn't be utilizing his full repertoire of talents. It isn't just LeBron... Kyrie is going to demand the ball quite a bit, as he should. He's a point guard.

Melo would be relegated to relatively tiny scoring role, more than likely.

My opinion... I don't want anything to do with Melo.

NBA rookie of the year

Lala, Melo's wife ain't going 100 miles within Cleveland, that's why, lol. New York, LA, Miami, maaaaaybe Chicago, that's it.

You suddenly a LeBron fan?
    A Cavs fan, as I've always been, since my dad took me to my first game as a small child. Doubt other can say the same about their respective teams.

I won't be guilted into turning my back on this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'd rather have Irving next year than Wade.

I think Love is better than Bosh as well...only caveat is that you have to put a center out there with Love. Which any team should do anyway.
    Bosh is so good defensively though. I've always said he's the most underrated defensive player in the league.

He wasn't a great defender before he went to Miami though. Perhaps Love can become a better defender too.

A Cavs fan, as I've always been, since my dad took me to my first game as a small child. Doubt other can say the same about their respective teams.

I won't be guilted into turning my back on this franchise.
    No doubt. I wouldn't expect that. That would be pretty foolish. Just wish 4 years ago you could have been as reasonable as I am right now and not hate a man just because he left your team. I know he's the best and I wish him well. I just hope his time isn't wasted in Cleveland, as i suspect it will be.

Bosh is so good defensively though. I've always said he's the most underrated defensive player in the league.

He wasn't a great defender before he went to Miami though. Perhaps Love can become a better defender too.
    He was a great defender in that hedging system the Heat had in place with James and Wade next to him. I'm not sure they'll be able to play the same way defensively with the roster changes. Hell, they were already having to tone down their aggressiveness due to Wade's decline even when they had a prime James/Bosh.

It will be interesting to see how they adapt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I don't think he's great, but he did fill in very well on the Miami system.

That is why I said Love is better...but with the caveat that you need a center next to Love.

But honestly, you should always do that next to your PF.

Put it this way Lebron/Love/Center (like Henson that I mentioned) is clearly better in my opinion than Lebron/Bosh/Center

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I don't think he's great, but he did fill in very well on the Miami system.

That is why I said Love is better...but with the caveat that you need a center next to Love.

But honestly, you should always do that next to your PF.

Put it this way Lebron/Love/Center (like Henson that I mentioned) is clearly better in my opinion than Lebron/Bosh/Center
    Will Cleveland still have Varejao next season? I'm not up on his contract situation.

No doubt. I wouldn't expect that. That would be pretty foolish. Just wish 4 years ago you could have been as reasonable as I am right now and not hate a man just because he left your team. I know he's the best and I wish him well. I just hope his time isn't wasted in Cleveland.
    To be fair, his departure from Miami was nothing like what happened in Cleveland. Not even in the same stratosphere. But, I'm not necessarily a vengeful person. The fact that he was only gone for four years (much shorter than anyone ever imagined) and he has gone to great lengths to atone for the way he handled himself, I'm willing to look beyond his prior faltering.

I never "hated" him, btw. This is sports. Disliking someone in a sports sense is wholly different from hating someone in real life.

He obviously wants to come back and build something here. It will be great for the city and I'm able to forgive the guy.

He will never be my favorite player in the league, but I never denied his basketball acumen. He's an awesome basketball player and I really like the other guys on this team. It would be stupid to stop watching basketball because I'm holding on to petty resentments.

It would be nice if people acknowledged the bizarre position Cavs fans have been placed in.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Will Cleveland still have Varejao next season? I'm not up on his contract situation.
    Depends on if he's needed for a potential trade. He expires after this season iirc.

Yes, he has a team option for 2015 and I'm assuming the Cavs will be picking it up. He'll retire a Cavalier.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Yes, he has a team option for 2015 and I'm assuming the Cavs will be picking it up. He'll retire a Cavalier.
    Could they decline and work out a cheaper/longer deal?

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

RBA, like four or five days ago you said you might stop watching the NBA altogether if Lebron came back, but now you seem to be on board.

I'm just curious why your opinion changed rather drastically in such a short frame of time. Not putting you on blast or anything - I'm genuinely curious.