Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Best and worst playoff series from the top 10 players of all time

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Worst I've seen from my guys?

Jordan: 1996 Finals, and 1997 ECF
    Kobe: 2004 Finals, and 2011 WCSF ... HM: 2008 Finals, 2009 WCSF, 2010 Finals
    LeBron: 2011 Finals, 2007 Finals, and 2010 ECSF
    Don't forget 08 semifinals for Lebron. That's probably his worst series actually. 8-42 with 17 turnovers in the first two games.

lol, you guys turn every thread into Kobe and Lebron topics

Plenty of guys in the top 10, with terrible and great series.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    HM: 2000 Finals, 2002 WCQF, 2002 WCF, 2003 WCSF, 2004 WCQF, 2004 WCF, 2008 Finals, 2010 WCQF, 2010 Finals, 2011 WCSF, 2012 WCSF
    2000 Finals = Feels good I now, but not if you use your brain.

2002 WCQF = 3 game sweep. One bad game. Nice try.

2002 WCF = Shouldn't a bad series have more bad games than good?

2003 WCSF = 32, 5, 4 (43.5% shooting).

2004 WCQF, 2004 WCF = Whatever......Colorado

2008 Finals = True.

2010 WCQF = That was before the knee drain, right?

2010 Finals = Again, shouldn't a a bad series have more bad games than good?

2011 WCSF = broken down. But sure, one bad game while getting blown out by 30.

2012 WCSF = true.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 03-29-2015 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    2000 Finals = Feels good I now, but not if you use your brain.

2002 WCQF = 3 game sweep. One bad game. Nice try.

2002 WCF = Shouldn't a bad series have more bad games than good?

2003 WCSF = 32, 5, 4 (43.5% shooting).

2004 WCQF, 2004 WCF = Whatever......Colorado

2008 Finals = True.

2010 WCQF = That was before the knee drain, right?

2010 Finals = Again, shouldn't a a bad series have more bad games than good?

2011 WCSF = broken down. But sure, one bad game while getting blown out by 30.

2012 WCSF = true.
    I'll ignore the excuses crap, only the "more bad games than good"

2002 WCQF he shot 10-28 and 5-21, not just is this 2 of 3 games bad, but also the bad ones are at such a low level compared to other bad games.

2002 WCF, more bad shooting performances, 9-21 with 4 TO's, 8-24 33% with 2 Reb's and 3 Assists, 11-29 38% with 5 PF's and 5 TO's, and get this: In game 7 he missed 13 straight shots at one point (LMAO, 39% for the game), so which of these exactly are you trying to spin into a good game?

2011 is literally one great game (game 1), and it looks like he signed off after the opener, straight into the off season... how are you denying this.

I'll get to you about '03 another time, since I have the details on it elsewhere.

He's not a bad playoff performer overall, though.... fabulous runs in 2008, 2009, and would have had equally great years with a good cast the prior 2 years.

Of course co led the 2001 Lakers to a WC sweep.

I'll ignore the excuses crap, only the "more bad games than good"

2002 WCQF he shot 10-28 and 5-21, not just is this 2 of 3 games bad, but also the bad ones are at such a low level compared to other bad games.

2002 WCF, more bad shooting performances, 9-21 with 4 TO's, 8-24 33% with 2 Reb's and 3 Assists, 11-29 38% with 5 PF's and 5 TO's, and get this: In game 7 he missed 13 straight shots at one point (LMAO, 39% for the game), so which of these exactly are you trying to spin into a good game?

2011 is literally one great game (game 1), and it looks like he signed off after the opener, straight into the off season... how are you denying this.

I'll get to you about '03 another time, since I have the details on it elsewhere.

He's not a bad playoff performer overall, though.... fabulous runs in 2008, 2009, and would have had equally great years with a good cast the prior 2 years.

Of course co led the 2001 Lakers to a WC sweep.
    The most hilarious part about your posts in this thread are that you haven't watched a single series you've mentioned, all of it is stuff you've read...or as you put it, "researched"...on old ISH threads. You literally cannot formulate a basketball opinion on your own

Very good NBA starter

"2002 WCQF he shot 10-28 and 5-21, not just is this 2 of 3 games bad, but also the bad ones are at such a low level compared to other bad games."

See this is the problem when you don't actually see games and start spouting based on box scores.

Kobe had 2 possessions in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when he got fouled on back-to-back shots and tip-ins attemps without getting a call.

So that's basically 10-24.

Overall he set the tone at the beginning of the game and helped end it in the 4th. The "Kobe stopper" was never the same after that.

1st qtr = 5-8 fg
    4th qtr = 2-4 fg

"2011 is literally one great game (game 1), and it looks like he signed off after the opener, straight into the off season... how are you denying this."

Broken mentally and psychically after Pau lost game 1.

And not having great games is not the same as having a bad series."

I could go on, but why bother.
    Last edited by Magic 32; 03-29-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The most hilarious part about your posts in this thread are that you haven't watched a single series you've mentioned, all of it is stuff you've read...or as you put it, "researched"...on old ISH threads. You literally cannot formulate a basketball opinion on your own
    Watched quite a few of these on YouTube.. all actually?

Not sure if the channel still exists.. lakeptic or something like that has/had them all.

"2002 WCQF he shot 10-28 and 5-21, not just is this 2 of 3 games bad, but also the bad ones are at such a low level compared to other bad games."

See this is the problem when you don't actually see games and start spouting based on box scores.

Kobe had 2 possessions in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when he got fouled on back-to-back shots and tip-ins attemps without getting a call.

So that's basically 10-24.

Overall he set the tone at the beginning of the game and helped end it in the 4th.

1st qtr = 5-8 fg
    4th qtr = 2-4 fg

"2011 is literally one great game (game 1), and it looks like he signed off after the opener, straight into the off season... how are you denying this."

Broken mentally and psychically after Pau lost game 1.

And not having great games is not the same as having a bad series."

I could go on, but why bother.
    Pointing out shots where he supposedly got fouled but didnt get the call?

Dude, comedy.. we could do this for anyone.

Very good NBA starter

Pointing out shots where he supposedly got fouled but didnt get the call?

Dude, comedy.. we could do this for anyone.
    Take a look at this game and this play....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oWrIP6I4dc&t=2m56s

If somebody posted highlights from this game you would be the first to point out his 43.5 shooting, when in fact he shot 45.8 and should have had another 40+ points win against the Spurs.

So yes, knowing small details can actually make you a better fan (or a better hater in your case).

Take a look at this game and this play....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oWrIP6I4dc&t=2m56s

If somebody posted highlights from this game you would be the first to point out his 43.5 shooting, when in fact he shot 45.8 and should have had another 40+ points win against the Spurs.

So yes, knowing small details can actually make you a better fan (or a better hater in your case).
    I remember that game, it was a great performance since I think (memory here) his 3 last shots/misses came all in garbage time trying to pad, irrelevant misses.. so he really played alot better when it mattered. Honesty, dude.

edit: hah, I even predicted the busty chick in the crowd at the table.. saw her couple of times at Laker games.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 03-29-2015 at 08:48 PM.

Very good NBA starter

I remember that game, it was a great performance since I think (memory here) his 3 last shots/misses came all in garbage time trying to pad, irrelevant misses.. so he really played alot better when it mattered. Honesty, dude.
    Well then surely getting knocked upside your head by Ruben Patterson witout getting calls can factor into your trashings of individual games.

Well then surely getting knocked upside your head by Ruben Patterson witout getting calls can factor into your trashings of individual games.
    Which game are you talking about? Better not be the 5-21 one.. I doubt this really changed his overall performance much, might have to rewatch if you insist, but we both know Kobe has also gotten plenty of calls gone his way..

Very good NBA starter

Which game are you talking about? Better not be the 5-21 one..

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Worst I've seen from my guys?

Jordan: 1996 Finals, and 1997 ECF
    Kobe: 2004 Finals, and 2011 WCSF ... HM: 2008 Finals, 2009 WCSF, 2010 Finals
    LeBron: 2011 Finals, 2007 Finals, and 2010 ECSF
    lol what?

2009: 27/5/5/2/1+/55% TS/114 ORTG against the two best perimeter defenders in the league in Artest/Battier.

2010: 29/8/4/2+/1+/53% TS/108 ORTG against a historically great defense. A defense that had the best playoff defensive rating in history though three rounds.

He's not a bad playoff performer overall, though.... fabulous runs in 2008, 2009
    Yeah, "not bad"...just one of the best playoff performers ever.