Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Stephen Curry needs to make around 3 three-pointers/game to break his own record

9 games left into the season...

Needs 26 more threes.

Averaging 3.5 three-pointers/game so far.

Highly likely he will break it.

If he does, it will definitely boost his case for MVP.

Thoughts?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Stephen Curry needs to make around 3 three-pointers/game to break his own record

crazy, it doesnt even seem like he scored much this season

Default Re: Stephen Curry needs to make around 3 three-pointers/game to break his own record

He's not going to play in all 9 games.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I read somewhere that Curry has been shotting over 50% from threes since the all-star break.

He was actually shooting just under 40% from threes before the All-Star break, now he is just over 43%.

But look for Kerr to rest Curry some games once the Warriors have home court advantage locked up.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 03-30-2015 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I read somewhere that Curry has been shotting over 50% from threes since the all-star break.

He was actually shooting just under 40% from threes before the All-Star break, now he is just over 43%.

But look for Kerr to rest Curry some games once the Warriors have home court advantage locked up.
    yep. the record lies in kerr's hands

but in all honesty, i said last year i think curry will go down as the goat shooter. i obviously still think that's the case. just the way he can get his shot off in multiple ways and w/ range. it's not like he's just flying off screens.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

hes been absolutely stroking it from range lately. Every time he strokes it, I whip it out and stroke it too, thats how hard his shooting ability gets me.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    He's not going to play in all 9 games.
    This.

But he could still break it

Banned

Be petty and break it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

51% on 8.5 3's a game.

Post All-Star Break:

23.9 PPG 3.2 RPG 7.9 APG 2.0 SPG 0.2 BPG on 48.5% FG 50.9% 3PT 96.3% FT (20 GP and 66.5% TS)

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    51% on 8.5 3's a game.

Post All-Star Break:

23.9 PPG 3.2 RPG 7.9 APG 2.0 SPG 0.2 BPG on 48.5% FG 50.9% 3PT 96.3% FT (20 GP and 66.5% TS)
    filth. also made the most 3's in a month ever in march. 71. the next closest are mccloud and richmond at 62.

College superstar

Curry is CLEARLY the MVP based on how all previous MVP's were voted.

He's the best player on the best team, and his level of play has been matched by only a few players in the league. I don't think any player has clearly played better than Curry, and that includes Westbrook and Harden beasting.

Curry has just been consistently good all season. His scoring is some of the most consistent scoring we've ever seen by a high volume scoring point guard.

I really don't see anyone else winning it over him.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    51% on 8.5 3's a game.

Post All-Star Break:

Jesus ****ing christ

Dude is a freak. Straight up. You should not be able to shoot like that.

MVP, PERIOD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Curry is CLEARLY the MVP based on how all previous MVP's were voted.

He's the best player on the best team, and his level of play has been matched by only a few players in the league. I don't think any player has clearly played better than Curry, and that includes Westbrook and Harden beasting.

Curry has just been consistently good all season. His scoring is some of the most consistent scoring we've ever seen by a high volume scoring point guard.

I really don't see anyone else winning it over him.
    It's a toss up, especially now that Harden and the Rockets are a 2 seed.

Both deserve it.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

AS OF 4/1/2015:

22 more threes, 8 more games.

2.8 three-pointers/game.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    9 games left into the season...

Did Curry seriously leave his team mate hanging? why he do dis