Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM   #256
scilencek
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Heat & Wolves close to a deal(via ESPN).....

i only see Miami robbed Twolves............
scilencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #257
mayorhoiberg
Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Riley did it again!

You guys are all fools.

This trade makes perfect sense for Minnesota. McHale is a moron, but not for the reasons you think.

Ricky and Blount had no purpose on the Timberwolves this season. They would have only served to get in the way of the younger, developing players behind them.

You do realize that Minnesota got a FIRST ROUND PICK for these two, right?

A FIRST ROUND PICK for MARK BLOUNT AND RICKY DAVIS?!

This is a good trade for both teams.
mayorhoiberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM   #258
FPower
Local High School Star

Default Re: Heat & Wolves close to a deal(via ESPN).....

For some reason I don't think the Wolves will buy out Toine. Like I said before, he'll fit well on a bad team.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM   #259
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Default Re: Trade is official! Heat, Wolves swap Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
This deal isn't as bad for the Timberwolves as people think.

They got rid of Mark Blount - a terrible contract who does one thing (hit mid-range jump shots) - and they didn't have to give up anything they didn't already want to get rid of. Normally, in order to unload bad contracts, one has to give up young guys or draft picks. Not in this case. In this case, they got a pick out of the deal instead.

Is that worth taking on horrible, horrible Antoine Walker? No. But it is if they buy him out and get him away from the youth. He won't have any worse effect than Ricky Davis did, especially if he's given a decent role. But that doesn't mean I ever want him to play in a Wolves uniform.

Unfortunately, I think he will.
the only problem is this board doesnt think.

they dont think about how bad of a defender ricky is

they dont think about how bad of a player mark blount is outside of shooting jump shots

they dont think that these 2 are KNOWN terrible locker room presences.

they dont think about how ricky plays when he wants to(of course, he'll wanna play all the time in miami cause of wade and shaw right )

they dont think about like you said, blounts TERRIBLE contract

seriously, if people only care about rickys scoring abilitys in this trade and that gives miami the clear cut win in this trade and it makes Mchale look like a stupid ass, you're totally missing out on everything. especially Minnesotas situation not being in a win now mission like miami is.

good luck with ricky, heat fans...and thank you, no make that THANK YOU for taking Blount.

hahahahaha, you'll see.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #260
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Default Re: Trade is official! Heat, Wolves swap Antoine Walker, Ricky Davis, others

Ricky is actually one of the best perimeter defenders in the league.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #261
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
whoever told you that is not your friend.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:43 PM   #262
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
So explain how danny granger dropped 20 on us in the 1st half?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM   #263
KWALI
erudite

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
I just don't want a "leader" of my team to have that kind of shot selection. I understand that Walker does have some leadership skills, but I'd rather have someone whose example on the court is better, especially when it comes to commitment to things like conditioning.

Did I say leader or mentor? not the same thing brethren.

Funny you put it quotes too...I guess that's your take..I think the young guys that went to Minnie will get direction if they aren't smart enough to know Walkers game is not their game...I don't see Al going out to take three's.
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #264
Smokee
Banned

wtf does Blount do anyways? All i read was some crap about Jefferson saying hes a nut, but he wasnt specific. Everyone talks like hes a headcase but what did/does he do specifically?

Ricky Davis's attitude problems were more back in the day. I havent heard much about him being thug or gangsta in a long time.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #265
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Ask anyone whos watched Ricky play the past few season in Boston or Minny.. they will tell you he is a good defensive player.

Watch the games or dont judge.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #266
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
wtf does Blount do anyways? All i read was some crap about Jefferson saying hes a nut, but he wasnt specific. Everyone talks like hes a headcase but what did/does he do specifically?

Ricky Davis's attitude problems were more back in the day. I havent heard much about him being thug or gangsta in a long time.
To put it simple, hes a smart ass. He'll answer media questions with some smart ass sarcastic response( like i dont know ask coach) **** like that, and he's just an old fashion ********* of a person.

and LOL @ watch Ricky before boston and minnesota. dude that was 5 years ago. Ricky doesnt play defense, his last name is Avis for a reason.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #267
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Really Ricky played at Minnesota 5 years ago?
Old 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM   #268
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Ask anyone whos watched Ricky play the past few season in Boston or Minny.. they will tell you he is a good defensive player.

Watch the games or dont judge.
i was psyched to get him in boston because i thought he'd be the defensive stopper we needed at the 2 / 3 to free up pierce and still bring the big points. instead i wound up missing eric williams all year. we'll have to disagree on this one because i was hugely disappointed by ricky's defense (though i didn't think he showed any sort of an attitude problem).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #269
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee

I think that may have to do with Davis living in Minnesota. Oh and a few seasons ago Blount changed the pronounciation of his name to sound like blunt.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #270
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: Riley did it again!

The reason Mchale pulled this deal off was so Ricky would not take any PT from his young nucleus and they actually save money in the long run. Walker has one year less than blount. They are looking to rebuild and they knew they wouldnt get much for Davis so they figured that they would just try to save as much dough as possible and give his young players the best oppurtunity to develop
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: