Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Bernie Sanders: I Don't Think Billionaires Should Exist

How would anyone even intend to stop the rich from getting richer with the wealth of the people in question tied up in the value of things that increase with a good economy?

They are not for the most part getting richer off straight cash.....

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Wealth has already redistributed since the late-70s to a small slice of America and continues to redistribute even today to the richest folks at the top. Rich get richer, poor get poorer has held true on average going back decades. Few exceptions here and there, which is why I say 'on average'

Average incomes have been pretty much stagnant going back to the 70s. Meanwhile most of the new wealth has gone to a tiny fraction of people, who were already rich..

Thats because the economy changed and industrial jobs have been largely outsourced. The people who owned the businesses made a bunch of money from leveraging the increased financial efficiency.

American workers turned to engineering, medicine, software, content creation etc. Of course there are people at the bottom who are now more separated because they werent interested or qualified to go into those fields. Whose fault is it we added 50 million low skill immigrants while the economy was shifting?

Ironically Trump is the only politician left or right who tried to protect industrial workers and curtail immigration. If Bernie had done what Trump

Again, to those supporting this... what is the mechanism for forcing someone like Bill Gates to divest from the company he founded to pay a wealth tax?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

USA got out of the great depression in the 1930s by implementing a bernie sanders esque progressive tax and wealth redistribution system.

it will happen again, as the reason we are in economic peril rn is direct fault of the present overbearing inequality and it is the only way to restore economic balance to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    There are more billionaires than ever before signaling economic growth and prosperity throughout the years, and this is somehow a bad thing??

If there are more billionaires, then there are more millionaires. If there are more millionaires, then there are more people making six figures and so on and so on.

How awful!

tio, relative wages for the average person have not gone up at all... they havent seen a slice of the GDP growth at... all. you dont get that?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    USA got out of the great depression in the 1930s by implementing a bernie sanders esque progressive tax and wealth redistribution system.

it will happen again, as the reason we are in economic peril rn is direct fault of the present overbearing inequality and it is the only way to restore economic balance to the country.
    It was an income tax... not a wealth tax. An income tax is exacted on profit. Wealth taxes are exacted on assets someone holds.

tio, relative wages for the average person have not gone up at all... they havent seen a slice of the GDP growth at... all. you dont get that?
    He doesn't, no.

Feels like Bernie hangs out with a lot of Hollywood celebrities.

His "ideas" are things you'd hear from Tommy Chong.

Included in that average are poor ass indian reservations, areas where illegals work for 4 bucks under the table, the south side of chicago where brenda done had another baby with a guy on his way to prison.

Pretty sure if you remove people who arent invested in American life and culture, the averages will look pretty different. Tons of Americans have worked their way to stability and even prosperity without creating a billion dollar compny or being born with a silver spoon.

But that doesnt matter to you really, bc all you want is more free stuff without having to work or negotiate for it

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    It was an income tax... not a wealth tax. An income tax is exacted on profit. Wealth taxes are exacted on assets someone holds.

Thats fine.

let the government have a pinned minority stake in every large company and pool the money from there, use it for universal basic income and building public infrastructure up.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE
    Included in that average are poor ass indian reservations, areas where illegals work for 4 bucks under the table, the south side of chicago where brenda done had another baby with a guy on his way to prison.

Pretty sure if you remove people who arent invested in American life and culture, the averages will look pretty different. Tons of Americans have worked their way to stability and even prosperity without creating a billion dollar compny or being born with a silver spoon.

But that doesnt matter to you really, bc all you want is more free stuff without having to work or negotiate for it

wages for corporate middle class america havent budged in decades relative to cost of living whilst the billionaire population has exploded.

still dumb bruh... you are.

I

Imagine living in a country where they penalize you for being successful and striving for more lol

Thats fine.

let the government have a pinned minority stake in every large company and pool the money from there, use it for universal basic income and building public infrastructure up.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Imagine living in a country where they penalize you for being successful and striving for more lol
    Sounds like a shit hole place. The idea is to strive to make what you feel
    is the perfect balance. Too many successful people getting greedy and then they burn themselves out, underperform and make bad decisions and are then blacklisted. Career suicide at its finest.