Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2012, 04:16 AM   #31
RRR3
L3gacy

Default Re: thoughts on interracial relationships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirap31
Ah, so one parent is half-white and the other is white. Math!
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #32
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Lmao op is gotta be RG. Only an asian who lives on ish makes these topics.

No wonder u mad
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #33
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WockaVodka
what are you guys thoughts on interracial relationships?

for me, if a girl has slept with a black guy she loses a good amount in her rating.

That is official, categorical, racism.... whether you are able to accept it or not.

For me, I couldn't care less about what race/color/creed wants to marry another from the same or different race/color/creed.

Just wait... in another few hundred years we'll all be the same moderately-tan-skinned, dark-haired, complexion and appearance.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #34
senelcoolidge
NBA rookie of the year

I'm of a very mixed background. Carribean basin..so European (German, Swedish, English), Native American, and African. People are always trying to figure out what I'm. I've had a black girl friend in the past. My wife is Asian. So never grew up with any issues when it comes to differences.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #35
tomtucker
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
ehhh don't really care.

you're young and you want to try new flavors so go at it.

my fav combo is asian men and black girl. cuz its so rare :)

how could that work...?...doggy style is ruled out....how can you work with 2 inches
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #36
RRR3
L3gacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
how could that work...?...doggy style is ruled out....how can you work with 2 inches
Seņor Chang and Shirley from Community did it.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #37
ace23

I like seeing them. They show far we've come as a society.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

I don't consider myself racist because I don't have anything against other races, but I personally don't believe in interracial relationships.

Sleeping around is all fun & games, but to marry & have kids with other races just doesn't make sense to me. You tend to lose that culture that your parents / grand parents provided you with.

Your future grand children most likely won't even know your "mother tongue". What if your own parents don't really speak English? How will they communicate with your children?

Your family will be considered nothing but "american".
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

I've only been in relationships with sistas but I have had sex with white chicks, Hispanics.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #40
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
I don't consider myself racist because I don't have anything against other races, but I personally don't believe in interracial relationships.

Sleeping around is all fun & games, but to marry & have kids with other races just doesn't make sense to me. You tend to lose that culture that your parents / grand parents provided you with.

Your future grand children most likely won't even know your "mother tongue". What if your own parents don't really speak English? How will they communicate with your children?

Your family will be considered nothing but "american".

My kids know both languages. They are american and japanese. They essentially have two cultures to draw from, two separate families to support them.

You can lose your culture marrying in your race too, it's a choice.

in 2012, people who worry about interracial marriage worry me. How ignorant can people be? That it's even worth discussing.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
My kids know both languages. They are american and japanese. They essentially have two cultures to draw from, two separate families to support them.

You can lose your culture marrying in your race too, it's a choice.

in 2012, people who worry about interracial marriage worry me. How ignorant can people be? That it's even worth discussing.

How old are your kids? Most of the time, they will gradually choose one side (japanese or american), possibly marry another american, and that's where the "japanese side" ends.

You don't often see people who are 1/4 of a race actually know much about that race, let alone speak the language or know their traditions.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #42
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
How old are your kids? Most of the time, they will gradually choose one side (japanese or american), possibly marry another american, and that's where the "japanese side" ends.

You don't often see people who are 1/4 of a race actually know much about that race, let alone speak the language or know their traditions.
5 and 2. And they speak both, understand both. My daughter loves both.

Interracial is not the problem with losing culture. You can marry someone of the same culture, same people in the same town and lose your culture if they don't follow it. You can also marry a person of an entirely different culture and keep your culture if they are into doing it.

Keeping away from another race to keep your culture is silly.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #43
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

Been in a 3 year long interracial relationship. Never really thought about it, felt natural. I never felt anyone thought we looked odd together.

As far as losing my culture or my kids grandkids losing my culture I've always thought was foolish. The language and culture is always gonna be there. There's millions of people out there that speaks the language.
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
Hittin_Shots
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Been in a 3 year long interracial relationship. Never really thought about it, felt natural. I never felt anyone thought we looked odd together.

As far as losing my culture or my kids grandkids losing my culture I've always thought was foolish. The language and culture is always gonna be there. There's millions of people out there that speaks the language.

I've been in a 3 year long interracial relationship also, I feel people think we look odd together. This may be due to me being a 6'4 big ginger, and her being a 4'9 Cambodian.
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #45
millwad
Banned

I find topics like this disturbing..

Always the never-ending nonsense about culture, as if culture matters that much to start with.

I'm swedish and when I think about swedish culture I think of nothing at all, what matters for me is values, not culture. I couldn't care less if my partner would be from another country and culture, as long as she has the same values as me I wouldn't care.

My ex girlfriend was mixed, swedish and ghanaian. To start with, she was crazy good looking, swedish and african genes really complement each other. And the fact that she was half ghanaian was just really cool, we visited her family in Ghana a couple of years ago and it was a blast. My current girlfriend is also mixed, best person I've ever met.

Only an idiot would diss a female for culture.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: