Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: How much current WWE wrestlers are making

They're wasting a lot of money on Khali

They're genrally making good money to live their dream but I'd imagine that medical bills take a bite out of it.

You realize that the high end guys(Cena for example) make most of their money through ppv percentages and merch sales right?

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    You realize that the high end guys(Cena for example) make most of their money through ppv percentages and merch sales right?
    Still an unfair business. Cena is very popular among kids but he makes 4-5 mil a year while Lebron makes 40-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    [.IMG]http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5066/vincemcmahonisgod.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunate. Competition would be great for the wrestling market.
    Yea, blame Vince for the shitty way WCW ran themselves out of business. It was so bad, they had to sell to their biggest competitor. Blame WCW for not knowing how to run a business.

These wrestlers are making pretty good money compared to guys on the Indy circuit. Plus they get to travel all over the world and reap the benefits of being a TV in front of millions.
    Last edited by SCREWstonRockets; 10-08-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Thing that stood out the most to me: F*ckin MICHAEL COLE is bringing in more money than 40-50 year vet, legendary, "been calling Raw since season 1" Jerry Lawler?!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Thing that stood out the most to me: F*ckin MICHAEL COLE is bringing in more money than 40-50 year vet, legendary, "been calling Raw since season 1" Jerry Lawler?!
    Yeah, but I bet Lawler banks on his independent appearances. Also who knows what these guys duties are with the WWE. Perhaps Michael Cole has more responsibilities than Lawler. But yeah, that caught my eye too.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Yeah, but I bet Lawler banks on his independent appearances. Also who knows what these guys duties are with the WWE. Perhaps Michael Cole has more responsibilities than Lawler. But yeah, that caught my eye too.
    Lawler works 5-6 times a month (Weekly Raw show + PPV), whereas I'd say Cole is a Monday-Friday kinda schedule.

You gotta remember, that's the "downside" agreement, so it's the minimum they'll make for the year. They'll get PPV bonuses, merchandise royalties etc all on top of that. Guys constantly in main events who sell a lot of merchandise like Cena and CM Punk would be making way more than listed.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

how do you give Big Show and Mark Henry 10 year deals lmao

What are these guys gonna do with their money? They are always traveling to WWE events EVERY SINGLE WEEK and doing live events on top of that. Photoshoots, interview, autograph sessions. These guys literally have no time for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    how do you give Big Show and Mark Henry 10 year deals lmao
    like i said, mark henry got that ten year deal in like 96' when he was on top of his weight lifting game. can't imagine they gave him another ten year deal.

Kahli gives them someone to market to India, which would be worth the million a year they pay him. Plus he's a big guy who they can plug into a main event in a pinch (like Big Show). TNA ran Ring Ka King in India and got huge numbers, both in attendance and TV ratings, so there's a market their for wrestling.

Same reason WWE went out of their way to sign Del Rio and that other masked guy (Not Mysterio I call him cause I can never remember his name), trying to break into the Mexican wrestling market.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    Still an unfair business. Cena is very popular among kids but he makes 4-5 mil a year while Lebron makes 40-50.
    He wrestles for what 5, 10, 15 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Kahli gives them someone to market to India, which would be worth the million a year they pay him. Plus he's a big guy who they can plug into a main event in a pinch (like Big Show). TNA ran Ring Ka King in India and got huge numbers, both in attendance and TV ratings, so there's a market their for wrestling.

Same reason WWE went out of their way to sign Del Rio and that other masked guy (Not Mysterio I call him cause I can never remember his name), trying to break into the Mexican wrestling market.
    Mistico a.k.a. Sin Cara. The dude was actually the biggest name in Lucha Libre a while ago. So, the signing does make sense. But it doesn't seem to work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Mistico a.k.a. Sin Cara. The dude was actually the biggest name in Lucha Libre a while ago. So, the signing does make sense. But it doesn't seem to work so far.
    Yea, that's it. I kept thinking his name was Sinestro for some reason, but that's the bad guy from Green Lantern.

They should have just gone and signed L.A. Park (formerly known as La Parka). He was mad over in WCW, they would have loved him in WWE with the strutting and dancing stuff he does.