Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Posters say they are Objective. Can this be really possible here??

On a basketball fan message board? Really?

Default Re: Posters say they are Objective. Can this be really possible here??

I don't think it's possible to be truly objective (and that being such would take a lot of fun out of sports IMO), but posting without an agenda is.

Very good NBA starter

op is one of the most biased posters here

f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck outta here with that attitude

Banned

I try and stay objective most of the time but I can't hide the fact that i'm a kobe fan

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I don't think it's possible to be truly objective (and that being such would take a lot of fun out of sports IMO), but posting without an agenda is.
    This

Having opinions and a bias is understandable. It's the "stannery" and agendas that are the problem.

This. But posting without an agenda is no fun, which is why I rarely do so.

Rake is the closest thing to a completely objective poster I've ever seen. Sometimes I forget he's actually a person.

Basketball has alot of factual numbers, you can objective to a degree.

What I mean is, posters on here might comment to sound like they don't have an agenda one way or another on a topic or team, but at the end of the day we all do here.

I think it's unnatural to avoid showing your bias or agenda.

As fans, we are a passionate mob. The lifeless ones I don't care for really, they are just road cones.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Basketball has alot of factual numbers, you can objective to a degree.
    You already know my stance on box scores and accolades.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    What I mean is, posters on here might comment to sound like they don't have an agenda one way or another on a topic or team, but at the end of the day we all do here.

As fans, we are a passionate mob. The lifeless ones I don't care for really, they are just road cones.
    I already know this is a response to my D Rose thread, so I'll set the record clear.

I straight up had no agenda in asking when DRose would return to form. Believe what you wish. It is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same thing though.

The agendas here that kill the board are posts/threads looking to use deceptive tactics to plant a seed in other posters' minds. Nothing lamer than a poster ranting about something he doesn't actually believe, just to defend the position he's chosen.

Maybe it's just me, and other posters don't mind it as much.

You already know my stance on box scores and accolades.
    I was talking about pointing out inaccuracies though.

For example if someone Player X has never averaged 20 a game. I can objectively demonstrate that he has.

Now the overarching discussion may probably be filled with an agenda. But that doesnt mean we can be objective at all.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    I already know this is a response to my D Rose thread, so I'll set the record clear.

I straight up had no agenda in asking when DRose would return to form. Believe what you wish. It is the truth.

No worries.

I believe you.

I was just pointing out the strange polar opposites in opinion that you had.

It's not worth going on about really, all good

I'm not sure if we're thinking about the same thing though.

The agendas here that kill the board are posts/threads looking to use deceptive tactics to plant a seed in other posters' minds. Nothing lamer than a poster ranting about something he doesn't actually believe, just to defend the position he's chosen.

Maybe it's just me, and other posters don't mind it as much.

On an abrasive poster scale, you would probably record a 0.

I know you to be a good Lakers fan, being overly opinionated isn't your thing.

I totally agree with you. Anything Dubeta and his countless Alts posts up is exactly what you're talking about. Planting that seed of propaganda