Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Melo is averaging 4rpg, 1apg, and shooting 40% in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    What makes Joe Johnson better than Melo
    Nothing. People have to go to extremes...just because Melo is over-rated...does not mean he's on the same level as Boozer/JJ...that is just madness.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I actually agree about Marc Gasol (or it is at least a debate...but the other guys just aren't as good as Melo)...but I think Marc Gasol is definitely better than those other 3 guys.

So I don't see your point at all. Boozer, Griffin, and JJ are just not as good as Melo.

Marc Gasol is a different story mate.
    To be fair, I never explicitly claimed Melo was worse than those players. Just that he's in the same general tier of players they are in. Just as Griffin is definitely better than Boozer, they're still within the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    To be fair, I never explicitly claimed Melo was worse than those players. Just that he's in the same general tier of players they are in.
    Yea, but he's not in their tier. He's definitely in a higher tier than those guys. Definitely.

Yea, but he's not in their tier. He's definitely in a higher tier than those guys. Definitely.
    Debatable. Depends how loosely or tightly you want categorize tiers.

To be fair, I never explicitly claimed Melo was worse than those players. Just that he's in the same general tier of players they are in. Just as Griffin is definitely better than Boozer, they're still within the same tier.
    Boozer and Griffin are not in the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho
    Boozer and Griffin are not in the same tier.
    See the above post

Banned

So I don't see your point at all. Boozer, Griffin, and JJ are just not as good as Melo.

Well Joe Johnson, no. He's not as good as the other three.

But Boozer and Griffin are.

Frankly, a lot of guys in this league are on the same level as Carmelo for the simple fact of knowing when NOT to shoot, and doing other things that contribute. Boozer and Griffin are both very good rebounders. Both pass the ball well. In fact Boozer averages the same number of assists per 14 shots taken that Carmelo does per 22 shots taken. Carmelo is a volume scoring shot jacker who is, to be frank, still dumb and immature. He's just a dumb person/player. Period.

Again, there are nights when Carmelo is a LIABILITY to his team. There are only a handful of guys in the league who play meaningful minutes that that can be said about. Those guys are all volume scorers and inherently overrated. If you go and look at adjusted stats, it always bears that out. Carmelo's impact on wins and losses is not equal to what most peoples impression is of him based on his "skills" scoring the basketball. Ball movement puts the ball in the basket just as often as volume chuckers. The Nuggets have finished with a better record in the west than he has with the knicks in the east both years since he left.

Griffin and Boozer are good, quality players, but clearly not studs. Just like Carmelo. Carmelo is not a stud. Lebron James is a stud. Dirk Nowitzki was a stud in the playoffs two years ago. Parker was a stud this year.

I don't know what you think makes Carmelo Anthony a tier above Griffin and Boozer.

Debatable. Depends how loosely or tightly you want categorize tiers.
    If we, as a basketball community, can't come to agreement that Carmelo Anthony is definitely better than the likes of Griffin, JJ, and Boozer...then debating anything is pointless.

NBA rookie of the year

You have to define "better" better.

If we, as a basketball community, can't come to agreement that Carmelo Anthony is definitely better than the likes of Griffin, JJ, and Boozer...then debating anything is pointless.

I never said he wasn't.

LeBron is DEFINITELY better than Durant. They're still in the same tier.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Well Joe Johnson, no. He's not as good as the other three.

But Boozer and Griffin are.

Frankly, a lot of guys in this league are on the same level as Carmelo for the simple fact of knowing when NOT to shoot, and doing other things that contribute. Boozer and Griffin are both very good rebounders. Both pass the ball well. In fact Boozer averages the same number of assists per 14 shots taken that Carmelo does per 22 shots taken. Carmelo is a volume scoring shot jacker who is, to be frank, still dumb and immature. He's just a dumb person/player. Period.

Again, there are nights when Carmelo is a LIABILITY to his team. There are only a handful of guys in the league who play meaningful minutes that that can be said about. Those guys are all volume scorers and inherently overrated. If you go and look at adjusted stats, it always bears that out. Carmelo's impact on wins and losses is not equal to what most peoples impression is of him based on his "skills" scoring the basketball. Ball movement puts the ball in the basket just as often as volume chuckers. The Nuggets have finished with a better record in the west than he has with the knicks in the east both years since he left.

Griffin and Boozer are good, quality players, but clearly not studs. Just like Carmelo. Carmelo is not a stud. Lebron James is a stud. Dirk Nowitzki was a stud in the playoffs two years ago. Parker was a stud this year.

I don't know what you think makes Carmelo Anthony a tier above Griffin and Boozer.
    There are games in which Boozer and Griffin are also liabilities. Melo makes the other team develop entire game plans around stopping him. Griffin and Boozer are afterthoughts....and afterthoughts that both struggle defensively and have limited games as well.

And Marc Gasol is not clearly better than Melo either.

I get the point you and the other guy are trying to make, but please...listing the likes of JJ/Griffin/Boozer are just really bad examples. Terrible really...

Banned

I've seen you over rate Kobe, and for the exact same reasons you are overrating Carmelo.

He is not "responsible" for the Knicks have a good season this year. He was one guy who was part of a successful team. Boozer and Griffin were the same way. Carmelo Anthony is not some big difference maker. He's just not. He just makes more highlights than other guys because out of all the factors that contirbute to winning a basketball game, scoring happens to be the one that gets the most attention on sports center.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I've seen you over rate Kobe, and for the exact same reasons you are overrating Carmelo.

He is not "responsible" for the Knicks have a good season this year. He was one guy who was part of a successful team. Boozer and Griffin were the same way. Carmelo Anthony is not some big difference maker. He's just not. He just makes more highlights than other guys because out of all the factors that contirbute to winning a basketball game, scoring happens to be the one that gets the most attention on sports center.
    april 2013

obvious alt

I never said he wasn't.

LeBron is DEFINITELY better than Durant. They're still in the same tier.
    Are there 25 players in your tier in which all these guys are in? That isn't a tier.

If you put Melo and JJ in the same tier....you are listing like 30 plus players. Honestly...where does Joe Johnson rank in the NBA in terms of the best players.

Is he top 40?

For the sake of simplicity let's just all agree he is the 10th to 15th best player in the league.