Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default is the Kobe contract the worst NBA signing of all-time?

There have been some bad contracts. Guys like Rashard Lewis and Amare Stoudemire. However at least those guys gave their teams legit production in the first year or two of their deals.

The Lakers made a Kobe that was FINISHED the highest paid player in the league. And every knowledgable basketball mind knew that he was done. He actually has a NEGATIVE WIN SHARE TOTAL. -0.3 is the number. I would be impressed if someone could name a single worst player in the league. Just from browsing some of the bottom feeders in the league Kobe is tied as the worst player in the league. His company is Jamal Tinsley and John Lucas of the Jazz. And Kobe is on a team far better than the Jazz. The very worst player in the league is actually the highest paid. Yes this is real.

Frankly I feel bad for the true Laker fans(about 5% of all Laker fans,95% just suck Kobe). The franchise showed it cares more about making money off of idiots than it does getting back to winning. Kobe will cripple their CAP making them nonplayers for free agency, and basically irrelevant.

Does LA even have their first round draft picks the next few years?

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: is the Kobe contract the worst NBA signing of all-time?

how is this guy still allowed to post?

honest question.

Banned

Hey TonyMontana, you are a dickface,

However I will answer your question, Rashard Lewis and Joe Johnson were way worse than Kobes contract signing. Gilbert Arenas too.

It's better than Roses contract.

Isn't Arenas the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White

However I will answer your question, Rashard Lewis and Joe Johnson were way worse than Kobes contract signing. Gilbert Arenas too.
    i think his point is that kobe was at his worse when he was given a good contract. at least all those players were peaked/about to peak

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    how is this guy still allowed to post?

honest question.
    ^ ^

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    i think his point is that kobe was at his worse when he was given a good contract. at least all those players were peaked/about to peak
    Still doesn't make it a bad contract signing does it?? Nobody had thought Kobe was going to come back and be a 10-11ppg guy, they all knew the type of player he was and if he thought he couldn't come back and score well he wouldn't have come back at all, so the answer is no, it's not the worst.

Decent playground baller Wang Zhi Zhi's Avatar

very insightful post op, would read again

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Automatic loss for trying to defend Tony Montana

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Automatic loss for trying to defend Tony Montana
    Jameer got burned right here

Banned

I actually think the Rashard Lewis signing was a good move by Orlando. Even in hindsight. He was a perfect fit next to Howard in that frontcourt. Sure they paid him more than he was worth, but you have to do that to get marquee free agents. Not a coincidence Orlando declined heavily when they traded him.

Joe Johnson was a bad signing, but I can argue that Kobe is one of if not the worst player in the league. And he is the highest paid! Not to mention they gave him the extension while he was recovering from a possible career ending injury and they had yet to see him play a game. 6 games later and hes out again.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    It's better than Roses contract.

Isn't Arenas the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player this season?
    Part of evaluating a "bad contract" means looking at it making sense at the time. The Bulls signed Rose after his MVP season for 5 years/94 million. This was before all his injuries. Now if they signed him to that after his injuries then yea it MIGHT be on the Kobe tier, but Rose is still young as well.

The Lakers made a 35 year old liability who just suffered a possible career threatening injury the highest paid player in the game while crippling their cap. I'm not sure if LA even has first round draft picks. Didn't they give them up for Nash and Howard?

Arenas contract was awful, good suggestion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    I actually think the Rashard Lewis signing was a good move by Orlando. Even in hindsight. He was a perfect fit next to Howard in that frontcourt. Sure they paid him more than he was worth, but you have to do that to get marquee free agents. Not a coincidence Orlando declined heavily when they traded him.

Joe Johnson was a bad signing, but I can argue that Kobe is one of if not the worst player in the league. And he is the highest paid! Not to mention they gave him the extension while he was recovering from a possible career ending injury and they had yet to see him play a game. 6 games later and hes out again.
    This right here discredits your whole post

Banned

Jameer got burned right here
    How?

Literally all I'm seeing in this thread is ad hominem. Fend off the notorious troll that is Tony with some logic instead of dismissing him. He's not talking out of his ass. He's trying to bring up an argument and is defending it. The least you can do is the same. Prove how he's a moron.

Still doesn't make it a bad contract signing does it?? Nobody had thought Kobe was going to come back and be a 10-11ppg guy, they all knew the type of player he was and if he thought he couldn't come back and score well he wouldn't have come back at all, so the answer is no, it's not the worst.
    Weird how this always happen when bad contracts are given out.

There might a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    He's trying to bring up an argument and is defending it.
    No he isn't.

He posts the same trolly shit every single time. He never brings a logical argument to the table. All he tries to do is rile people up. That's the very definition of a troll. And people need to stop responding to idiotic troll posts; it's the only way they'll ever stop.