Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jordan Says Only 4 Current Player Could Play in His Era

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    It's hilarious just try and think of players that would had to defend Lebron back in "MJ's era"

Ehlo, Dumars, payton LOL

What is hilarious is that you don't realize none of those guys would defend Lebron. Payton was a pg for chrissakes.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    What is hilarious is that you don't realize none of those guys would defend Lebron. Payton was a pg for chrissakes.

he would be the only player quick enough to defend Lebron, he defended MJ for chrissakes

the MJ mythology is just too much, people gonna be telling us he had to dribble uphill both ways back in his era or some shit.

MJ is a very bitter old man. Unfortunately.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Orlando Dwight wouldn't even make 3rd team All-NBA in MJ's era. I would take Shaq, Zo, Hakeem, Drob and Ewing over him easily.
    Well yes, the big men back then were better. Nobody is arguing that.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    he would be the only player quick enough to defend Lebron, he defended MJ for chrissakes

the MJ mythology is just too much, people gonna be telling us he had to dribble uphill both ways back in his era or some shit.

None of those guys would have defended Lebron idiot. They played different positions.

Feel free to list any current players who could defend Lebron as well as Pippen and Rodman. I won't hold my breath waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I absolutely agree actually. Wade *****s way way too much to make it in that era, Durant is too weak, KG...idk he could probably do it but who knows how he'd deal with real tough guys.
    oakley would have ended KG's career a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I would have liked to see him go all 'Your wife smells like cheerios' to Charles Oakley
    lol, read your post right after i posted my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Everyone in the NBA could play during Jordan's era. Especially wings, Jordans era had scrub wings.
    the way wade used to play, that wreckless style, he wouldn't even be walking anymore if he played in the 80's.

College superstar

I think people are taking this out of context or misinterpretting his comment.

He meant it as in, these are the only players that would have success in obtaining a ring in his era, and I agree.

Kobe, Duncan, and Lebron would all definitely win at least one ring. Dirk is iffy, but he did it with such a sparse team that I would think he would be successful with more help.

KG didn't win a ring without the "Big 3" and Rondo and even then, they still were taken to 7 games by mediocre teams.

Wade would be successful statiscally, it would be hard to imagine him unsuccessful in any era with his playstyle. I don't know if he would win a ring though.

Durant, remains to be seen... that's the one player I might include on his list, but he's not proven in this era quite yet. Hasn't even reached his prime.

Local High School Star

agreed with everyone except for lebrick. it took him 10 years to finally win a ring and it happened in a cheat shortened season and where all the players who came from the 90's were way past their prime.

Jordan is being generous, I only see Kobe being able to dominate in that era, rest of the guys are used to the extreme softness nowadays, some are too comfy being carried by refs every playoff run. Duncan has a case though, fake ass KG would be punked imo, back pedaling trash talking wouldnt be any good back then, dude would get smacked for being a bitch. Dirk is a strange case, although his game is overall feminine and soft, his shot is just to unguardable , he would still be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    agreed with everyone except for lebrick. it took him 10 years to finally win a ring and it happened in a cheat shortened season and where all the players who came from the 90's were way past their prime.
    You are rapidly becoming one of the best posters on this site

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Pretty dumb comment by MJ.

Even if the new players are really somehow ten times softer than they were 20 years ago, if they had been in the league in 80's and 90's and it really was so tough back then, many of them would adapt their styles.

There's no way that KG, Pierce, Deron, Chris Paul, Nash, Rondo, Bosh, Wade, Allen, Parker, Ginobli, Marc Gasol, Durant, Westbrook, and Harden all would have been too scared to play back then or whatever it is that MJ is saying. LOL.

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Feel free to list any current players who could defend Lebron as well as Pippen and Rodman. I won't hold my breath waiting.
    Hey now, don't underestimate modern defensive powerhouses like Gay, Butler, Matthews, Jeff Taylor or Chandler Parsons.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    lol, read your post right after i posted my opinion .
    Oakley, Big Chief & A train mentality is not in today's league that is a fact.