Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you dunk??

Default Re: Can you dunk??

Lies. Daryl can't dunk. He's 5-8 soaking wet.

Saw a basketball once

6 foot in shoes here and i can throw it down if i'm pumped up enough. i only have a 6'1 wingspan too, i think i would be able to throw down with ease if i had longer arms

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

6' yes i can dunk easily windmills n stuff [COLOR=White](and by 6' i meant the rim)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Lies. Daryl can't dunk. He's 5-8 soaking wet.
    Im 6'3

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Im 6'3
    Daryl, how did people find out that your name is Daryl?

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Im 6'3
    Funny how you weren't even close to dunking last time we played. And 6'3"? You must've grown half a foot since then too

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Funny how you weren't even close to dunking last time we played. And 6'3"? You must've grown half a foot since then too
    Bro I posterized you like prime VC when we played

The crowd stood up. They chanted my name. People fainted in awe, and I felt like god

Yes.

Saw a basketball once

can anyone dunk both off one foot and two foot take offs?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by willy_yep
    can anyone dunk both off one foot and two foot take offs?
    I can but I am partial to one-foot takeoffs. I've said this story a million times here but I started as only a one-foot dunker my freshman year, learned two foot dunking my sophomore year, shifted completely to two-foot dunking and then subsequently eliminated any chance of me dunking in a game for the rest of high school. I needed open floor to dunk but I'd rush setting both of my feet and slip or lose my bounce from rushing and using bad technique (or I'd get fouled from behind).

Anywho, around age 20, I committed to re-learning one-foot dunking and it's been pretty legit ever since. 95% of my in-game dunks are one-footed these days. However, if I'm wide open on a fast break (like off a turnover where everyone was headed in the opposite direction), I still sometimes go with the two-foot dunk. It's clean, but I tend to have way more power off one-foot in games.

As a result of all that, unless a player is somewhat tall or lanky (say, with a wingspan of 6'6'' or greater), I tend to recommend most up and coming guys to skew toward one-foot dunking if they're looking to maximize their in-game opportunities. It was way easier to snag in-game dunks when I could just sprint into the open floor and rise, as opposed to worrying about setting both feet while attempting to elude and outrun defenders.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 07-21-2014 at 11:30 PM.

National High School Star

Straight answer, no. i have negative hops

Saw a basketball once

also, does anyone have any tips on lobbing the ball for yourself off the ground?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by willy_yep
    also, does anyone have any tips on lobbing the ball for yourself off the ground?
    I use a lot of arc. I see many who do not realize what it is they want the ball to do. Baby lobs with little arc will result in having to try to take the ball up with you, breaking your upward momentum in the process. The idea behind a lob is to put the ball in an area where all you have to worry about is getting your form and approach right so you can maximize your jump and go get the ball.

On the other side, it's important to know how high you can reach. For me, that means having my rock bounce just a little bit above the rim, since I'm not a guy that's soaring over 11 feet or anything. Also, as someone who prefers approaching from the left wing headed right, I try to put the ball near the front of the rim unless I'm trying to extend, at which point I'll have the ball bounce a little further out (usually necessitating a one-footed takeoff).

Here's one where the bounce came up a little short, limiting extension a little:

And then here's a slightly higher bounce, leading to more extension:

Saw a basketball once

oh, i see. will keep note to bounce the ball a bit above the rim. unfortunately i'm not even close to that level yet lol. i'm a pretty good shooter, but i'm having trouble bouncing the ball even close to the net. and when i do even get it close, i'm having trouble timing the run up to dunk it.

top rim