Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Fan

Default Magic Johnson lost in the NBA Finals 4 times

There is no reason to bash LeBron for being 2/5 in the finals, I doubt he's done winning titles as long as his supporting cast is viable for the next few seasons etc.

Imo the hate LeBron has been getting lately is completely ridiculous.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Magic Johnson lost in the NBA Finals 4 times

I think the LeBron hate is due to the fact he was propped up as the King. The heir to the throne.

The original King was Michael Jordan. At his peak, he was unstoppable. LeBron is being measured to that. So far, he hasn't lived up to it. No one can or will, in my opinion.

So, the hate isn't warranted.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shady6121
    There is no reason to bash LeBron for being 2/5 in the finals, I doubt he's done winning titles as long as his supporting cast is viable for the next few seasons etc.

But ther legacy is shaped differently. Lebron was hyped getting the best record in the league to lose it and then went to 2 other superstars to lose again and then finally win 2

Magic stuck wit his squad, and kept playing. Yeah he was losing but he didnt search for new teamates.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    But ther legacy is shaped differently. Lebron was hyped getting the best record in the league to lose it and then went to 2 other superstars to lose again and then finally win 2

Magic stuck wit his squad, and kept playing. Yeah he was losing but he didnt search for new teamates.
    Magic was drafted to the team that had the reigning MVP. Their situations are not similar at all.

Good college starter

Yes.

But he managed to win 5, good enough to give him a winning finals record.

Right now LeBron is 2-3. He would need to win AT LEAST 2 more JUST to get above .500 winning record in the finals.

How likely is that to happen?

Is it possible? Sure.

Is it a guarantee? HELL NO.

Just look at how easily he couldve been 1-4 in the Finals. And it's taken him this long just to win the 2 he has. Is he gonna' play at this same level forever?

It's funny that just before this beatdown the standard we held for him is Jordan, and now people are starting to downgrade in order to save face. No one is questioning LeBron's greatness. But the whole "better than Jordan/unanimous GOAT" is as dead as dead, unless he somehow ends up with 7+ rings.

NBA Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Yes.

But he managed to win 5, good enough to give him a winning finals record.

Right now LeBron is 2-3. He would need to win AT LEAST 2 more JUST to get above .500 winning record in the finals.

How likely is that to happen?

Is it possible? Sure.

Is it a guarantee? HELL NO.

Just look at how easily he couldve been 1-4 in the Finals. And it's taken him this long just to win the 2 he has. Is he gonna' play at this same level forever?

It's funny that just before this beatdown the standard we held for him is Jordan, and now people are starting to downgrade in order to save face. No one is questioning LeBron's greatness. But the whole "better than Jordan/unanimous GOAT" is as dead as dead, unless he somehow ends up with 7+ rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    I think the LeBron hate is due to the fact he was propped up as the King. The heir to the throne.

The original King was Michael Jordan. At his peak, he was unstoppable. LeBron is being measured to that. So far, he hasn't lived up to it. No one can or will, in my opinion.

So, the hate isn't warranted.
    LeBron will never surpass MJ, I agree with that, that ship has sailed. However, I still believe LeBron will at the very least finish Top 5 All-Time, he's still already accomplished so much and will most likely accomplish even more by the time his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47

Played on one of the most stacked teams ever in a garbage west, with a guaranteed finals trip AND chance of winning.......

which team would have been an upgrade?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Played on one of the most stacked teams ever in a garbage west, with a guaranteed finals trip AND chance of winning.......
    Kind of sounds like the current Miami Heat, except it's East.

Celtics, Bucks, 76ers until late 80s, then Rockets, Pistons, Suns, Bulls, Hawks, Cavalivers.

You're subtracting Magic from the Lakers and adding him to contending teams, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Kind of sounds like the current Miami Heat, except it's East.
    Except that the Heat aren't some god-tier stacked team and don't have much of a chance in the finals, especially from here on out.

5/9 >>>>> 2/5

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Celtics, Bucks, 76ers until late 80s, then Pistons, Bulls, Hawks, Cavalivers.

You're subtracting Magic from the Lakers and adding him to contending teams, so yeah.
    No you don't, you take the 2 best players away (magic/kareem either one from 80-86) and ask yourself which team is better..

Magic got injured and only played in like 2 games in the '89 finals. How does that really count as a loss if he only played half the series?

5-time NBA All-Star

Sorry but Derrick Rose gets far more hate and Heat fans are the main culprits. I don't think Lebron deserves the hate despite he and Wade thinking they were some type of dynasty. Lebron is a good guy and I love his game. But the Heat fans, in part, were haters and deserve some beat back. Rose still gets it from them and that's more than two years ago. So the Lebron beat back should be more than that if the Bulls fans want equity.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

well great for Magic
    im sure hes loyal to his team/home town