Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: So the Spurs doesn't have plans to rebuild yet again this season?

I don't think it's really about truly contending anymore. I think the plan is just to stay good and then when Duncan leaves, rebuild.

Seriously, this could be Duncan's last season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    I remember last year people were saying that tim duncan was saving it for the playoffs..............but dude is done and so is garnett so i really cant say they cant win in the playoffs without those defensive anchors.
    Shaq on Tim's health:

"I ran into Gregg Popovich in the bathroom in the spring of the 2010

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    R. Jefferson + Splitter for Al Jefferson

Two of the best back to the basket low post players in one team
    Wait so you want us to take on another big... I thought that we were looking to get rid of them we already favors,Jefferson,Kanter,Millsap,Okur

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Shaq on Tim's health:

"I ran into Gregg Popovich in the bathroom in the spring of the 2010–11 season, and I asked how Timmy was doing, and Pop said, “His knee is bone on bone.”

All that mileage takes its toll. Can't expect much of 34-35 year olds with so many minutes.
    source? that doesn't exactly sound like a pop thing to say or something you casually exchange while your wanger is spraying a urinal.

either way, they need to start rebuilding, it was apparent last season that duncan didn't deserve his all-star bid. i can't imagine how a shortened, more intense season would do to him. memphis wasn't a fluke and i'd bet OKC would beat SA too, even if manu returns to top 3 SG form. they just don't have enough.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 12-03-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    source? that doesn't exactly sound like a pop thing to say or something you casually exchange while your wanger is spraying a urinal.

either way, they need to start rebuilding, it was apparent last season that duncan didn't deserve his all-star bid. i can't imagine how a shortened, more intense season would do to him. memphis wasn't a fluke and i'd bet OKC would beat SA too, even if manu returns to top 3 SG form. they just don't have enough.
    Here are a couple of quotes from the book (Shaq's "Uncut"):

The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson

[QUOTE=rmt]Here are a couple of quotes from the book (Shaq's "Uncut"):

The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson

they need the same thing they have needed since the last title 4 years ago A ****ING CENTRE! it is sooo frustrating, every playoffs, to watch duncan get hammered on the boards by two 7 footers when his other 'bigman' is 6.6 blair or 6.8 bonner. spurs management, as great as they are, seem determined not to win another title since every year the only thing lacking is soo glaringly obvious yet they refuse to fill the need. they really only need a big guy that can catch and rebound, thats it. even nazr mohamed fit in perfectly.
    nene could mean another title run imo, but also i cant remember a year when both manu and parker werent injured in the playoffs. i think the time has passed....

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

aren't the spurs shopping parker?

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    they need the same thing they have needed since the last title 4 years ago A ****ING CENTRE! it is sooo frustrating, every playoffs, to watch duncan get hammered on the boards by two 7 footers when his other 'bigman' is 6.6 blair or 6.8 bonner. spurs management, as great as they are, seem determined not to win another title since every year the only thing lacking is soo glaringly obvious yet they refuse to fill the need. they really only need a big guy that can catch and rebound, thats it. even nazr mohamed fit in perfectly.
    nene could mean another title run imo, but also i cant remember a year when both manu and parker werent injured in the playoffs. i think the time has passed....
    They got cheap after 07. I still think thwy would have won the ring in 08 if it wasn't for Manu getting injured in the playoffs. Duncan was done after 08. **** The Spurs Org, **** Pop, Bufford, drunk owner. They owe it all to Tim Duncan. Tim ****ing Duncan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    the big 3 will not be traded but there is rumors of a trade for a BIG coming.
    I just got negged for this comment. ISH is a joke. parker himself said there was a trade for a BIG coming. either way nothin but spurs haters on ISH

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Spurs are changing their roster while maintaining their core.

Adding Neal last year was a god send. I can see him averaging 15 plus a game as our six man.

Inserting Anderson into the third SG role will add to our depth.

Adding two really good defensive players in Leonard and Joseph through the draft will help. Plus, Leonard is our future starting SF.

Possibly trading Jefferson and Blair for a big like Nene or Jordan will give us the size we need to better compete with other big front lines in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Spurs are changing their roster while maintaining their core.

Adding Neal last year was a god send. I can see him averaging 15 plus a game as our six man.

Inserting Anderson into the third SG role will add to our depth.

Adding two really good defensive players in Leonard and Joseph through the draft will help. Plus, Leonard is our future starting SF.

Possibly trading Jefferson and Blair for a big like Nene or Jordan will give us the size we need to better compete with other big front lines in the west.
    Ok i see many that wants a trade something alone the lines of RJ + scrub for Nene + scrub

How on earth is this happening? Denver got Gallinari why would they need RJ? At this stage of their careers Gallinari is either on par or better than RJ

At best if they can break out a TP for Horford but I really dont see hawks biting on that.
    Or they can try get dalembert but where are they going to get the money to do that?

After duncan's gone, would you really want to build a team around TP? He's an above average PG but he's no franchise player

Banned

nene and timmy were working together in the off season who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    They got cheap after 07. I still think thwy would have won the ring in 08 if it wasn't for Manu getting injured in the playoffs. Duncan was done after 08. **** The Spurs Org, **** Pop, Bufford, drunk owner. They owe it all to Tim Duncan. Tim ****ing Duncan.
    didnt they shell out 10 million a year for jefferson?

doesnt sound cheap to me.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shootingcomets
    Ok i see many that wants a trade something alone the lines of RJ + scrub for Nene + scrub

How on earth is this happening? Denver got Gallinari why would they need RJ? At this stage of their careers Gallinari is either on par or better than RJ

At best if they can break out a TP for Horford but I really dont see hawks biting on that.
    Or they can try get dalembert but where are they going to get the money to do that?

After duncan's gone, would you really want to build a team around TP? He's an above average PG but he's no franchise player
    Well, Denver can lose him for nothing as well. But that's just thrown out there for a few different reasons.

I think the Spurs could pull off a Jefferson/Blair (or Splitter) for Deandre Jordan trade. Clips need a SF.

Spurs could then use their MLE on a player in free agency.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid; 12-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.