Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: So the Spurs doesn't have plans to rebuild yet again this season?

Spurs have one last year with this core, but I do not think they have enough to be contenders. I will never count them out because they are ran very well. But the age is too much. This season is going to be very difficult for duncan. Less games yes, but a much more rigourous schedule. For him to be somewhat fresh for the playoffs, that means playing him even less than the last few years and that means they will unlikely get homecourt in the playoffs. I see them being a decent team ut out in the 1st round.

Duncan cant man the paint alone. He cant really anchor a defense like he used to. He needs help. You have guys like Bonner and Blair manning the front court with him but they cant play a lick of defense.

Also, with Manu's age and injury history, I am not sure how much you can count on a healthy season from him as well. I think he is still one of the best shooting guards, but not sure how well his body will hold up this season.

I would look into dealing Parker for a big if something becomes available. He is their most tradeable asset right now.

Banned

Spurs should amnesty Jefferson, try and get Dalembert in a sign-and-trade with the Kings and sign Thornton out of free agency. I'm sure his defense is garbage compared to Ginobli but it's something.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Spurs should amnesty Jefferson, try and get Dalembert in a sign-and-trade with the Kings and sign Thornton out of free agency. I'm sure his defense is garbage compared to Ginobli but it's something.

So what exatly are they going to do with Splitter? why not use him and Jefferson to get at least a "quality young big man" who's a lot better than the players that you have posted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    So what exatly are they going to do with Splitter? why not use him and Jefferson to get at least a "quality young big man" who's a lot better than the players that you have posted.
    Splitter could still play big minutes and is worth keeping. I'm only stating try and snag Dalembert because the consensus seems to be that the Spurs are looking to acquire a big.

I'd be apprehensive to trade away my front court depth if I was San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    R. Jefferson + Splitter for Al Jefferson

Two of the best back to the basket low post players in one team

or

R. Jefferson + Splitter for Al Hordord

Al Horford seemed like a good fit in Pop's system.

Both hawks and jazz are looking for a SF.

OR

Nuggets will S&T Nene + scrub for R. Jefferson + Splitter

Nuggets badly needed a scorer and Jefferson could provide that.
    Al Jefferson + Tim Duncan = bad defense
    Doubt the Hawks let Horford go, but if we could be in the run for Nene and have to send out Splitter I'd be fine with that. I hope we can keep Anderson though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

No one bit on my post - my point was they would /will have some serious change - and is it not out of the question to think that Howard would like to be coached by Pop and run with an organization that has only one thing on their mind (championships)

Lest I mention in this discussion Gortat

PHX would never part with him , specially to a rival - but he is the perfect fit.

If I'm the Spurs I'm thinking

"If Dirk can win with that supporting cast, we can too"

Let's be real here, we're too much of a small market team to pull a CP3 or a Howard if that isn't already evident. We will definitely be making moves this season, but underrated ones to bring in defensive help both in the post and on the perimeter. But like I said, Spurs fans everywhere are drooling at the sound of Nene in the silver and black.

They should finish this season with the same core then break the team up, trade Jefferson and Parker while they still have some value for a couple of rookies/1st round picks. manu should serve as team leader and mentor to the young guys. Duncan should retire, his knees are not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    They should finish this season with the same core then break the team up, trade Jefferson and Parker while they still have some value for a couple of rookies/1st round picks. manu should serve as team leader and mentor to the young guys. Duncan should retire, his knees are not there.
    That'd be ideal in my mind, although i'm not sure what kinda of currency Parker would get you nowadays.

time to trade away the players

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

agreed that they should tank for drummond, give him a season or 2 with old duncan like they did with old robinson

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Let's be real here, we're too much of a small market team to pull a CP3 or a Howard if that isn't already evident. We will definitely be making moves this season, but underrated ones to bring in defensive help both in the post and on the perimeter. But like I said, Spurs fans everywhere are drooling at the sound of Nene in the silver and black.
    Nene with Tim would he the shit. Tim can still get 12/10/2 on those shit knees.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    If I'm the Spurs I'm thinking

"If Dirk can win with that supporting cast, we can too"
    In sports, match-ups are so important. Remember it was just the year before that the Spurs beat the Mavs in the playoffs. True, Chandler wasn't there but with Dirk's game, the series was a perimeter matchup where Spurs had the advantage with Parker, Manu and Hill. Dice also did a fantastic job on Dirk. This year, I thought that MEM was the absolute worst opponent for SA - strength in the front court where SA is weak and Pop was stupid enough to play Bonner/Blair instead of Splitter until game 4.

So vs perimeter teams like Mavs and Heat, IMO Spurs had a chance - even if it was a small one. Against LA or MEM, they would/did get killed.

Arcadia, CA

I remember last year people were saying that tim duncan was saving it for the playoffs..............but dude is done and so is garnett so i really cant say they cant win in the playoffs without those defensive anchors.